Ran out of fuel today as idiot light didn't come on until 12miles prior. Added 1.5 gallons of gas, started car and gauge now showed almost 1/4 tank. Possibly related to occasional "shut-down" of vehicle at traffic light? Is this possibly an electrical issue? Please advise.
Fuel gauge inaccurate on 2003 Ford Taurus
Asked by for the 2003 Ford Taurus
This week's top 10
Recent Ford Taurus Questions
- I spilt soda all over the middle console 10 min. later the heater went crazy?
- Codes that are showing are p0351 and p0353. Says ignition coils A and C.
- how to program the cluster on the dash
- When I crank my car the car studders and stops. I let it rest for 15 minutes.
- Where exactly is relay for fuel pump. I am a DIY techy but can't find it.
2003 Ford Taurus Estimates
- AC Condenser Replacement ($428 - $502) in McGregor, ND
- Brake Shoe Replacement, Resurface Drums ($391 - $514) in Tahoka, TX
- Clutch Replacement ($1,114 - $1,765) in Franklin, NE
- Battery Replacement ($161 - $201) in Avoca, AR
- Engine Oil Pan Gasket Replacement ($239 - $374) in South Pekin, IL
- Stabilizer Bar Link Kit Replacement ($49 - $163) in Tavares, FL