fuel gauge shows empty with a full tank and sometimes floats from half tank to full tank and back to empty.I only have 35,000mi.on this suv.
fuel gauge on 2006 Chevrolet Trailblazer
ANSWER by Bret Bodas ,
November 23, 2010
Before doing anything I suggest getting a bottle of Chevron Techron Plus. This additive will clean the fuel level sensor in the fuel tank. Drive with a tank full of fuel and a bottle of this exact type of additive, see if it helps.
Verified for the Chevrolet Trailblazer406 reports
Verified for the Chevrolet Trailblazer6 reports
2 answersJune 10, 2010
1 answerFebruary 22, 2011
3 answersNovember 10, 2009
- 2006 Chevrolet Trailblazer Repair and Maintenance
- 2006 Chevrolet Trailblazer Maintenance Schedule
- 2006 Chevrolet Trailblazer Problems(18)
- 2006 Chevrolet Trailblazer Repair Estimates
- 2006 Chevrolet Trailblazer Q&A(157)
- 2006 Chevrolet Trailblazer Recalls(8)
- 2006 Chevrolet Trailblazer Shops
- 2006 Chevrolet Trailblazer Reviews(12)
This week's top 10
Recent Chevrolet Trailblazer Questions
- How do I fix error code B0004 on a 2007 Chevrolet TrailBlazer 5.3L engine.
- I moved it about half a block went to start it again and wont start now.
- Failed smog for tampered egr. There is no egr. What do I do?
- My 2002 Chevy Trailblazer stalls when I press the gas pedal. How can I fix this?
- Replaced head now runs fine but after idling it just dies done everything listed