When i put gas in there is a really strong gas smell throughout the car pretty much until it is near empty, and for some reason the gas doesnt last as long as it should. But there is no leak in the tank. Could it be the fuel filter? I just bought the car from a friend and he cant remember last time it was changed.
FUEL filter? on 1994 Mazda Protege
It may be numerous items? Check the fuel rail, injectors, fuel filter, lines and gas tank. Any type of fuel leaks may be the problem and needs to be taken care of soon. I would suggest taking it to a shop so they can look at it and trace the problem?
This week's top 10
Recent Mazda Protege Questions
- Can a automatic transmission starter work in a manual transmission 2001 protege
- The Ecm is bad in my protoge. I've bought a different one but it didn't work.
- Where is the fuse box location? I changed the bu lb in back over license plate
- My key broke in half it was in my pant pocket where can i get another one
- When I press the clutch pedal the engine decelerate and shut down
1994 Mazda Protege Estimates
- Heater Hose Replacement ($114 - 162) in Picatinny Arsenal, NJ
- Automatic Transmission Fluid/Filter Change ($220 - 280) in East Taunton, MA
- Fuel Injector Replacement ($164 - 362) in Bent, NM
- Oil and Filter Change ($27 - 61) in Maurertown, VA
- CV Joint Boot Replacement ($416 - 500) in Olivet, MI
- Pre-Purchase Car Inspection ($105 - 134) in Alsen, ND