I've got a clunking sound in the front. The struts seem to be working fine, no leaks visible either. But the dealer wants to replace the struts and insulators. This is very expensive. Does it sound reasonable? I was expecting to hear that the sound was from bushings. What's a good ballpark figure to replace the struts?
Front strut replacement on 2001 Toyota RAV4
by shakeyj in Leawood, KS on April 22, 2011
1 answerApril 28, 2014
4 answersMay 10, 2009
4 answersApril 15, 2009
1 answerJuly 15, 2010
1 answerAugust 17, 2015
This week's top 10
Recent Toyota RAV4 Questions
- Why does it make sound when u shut the car off?
- electrical problem, disco. battery for performance issues, then hooked back up, now dash completley off, shifter , back lights..ect
- Why does my 2008 RAV4 going through CVC axles every six months.? Also after changing front wheel bearings front brand-new rotors and brand-new brakes all around my CVC shaft became loose again is this connected ?
- My Sunroof is stuck open. Any ideas on how to get it closed.
- My engine is making a clicking noise and several people claim it's the rods that are going. How much will it cost to repair?