My son just purchased his first car. Car runs and handled fine for the test drive, but was unable to take it out on the freeway. Anyway, now that we've had a chance to take it out and get the speed up, it has a bad shake starting at around 55-60 mph. It appears to be coming from the front end somewhere and it transmits through the steering column really bad. Not really noticeable below that and no noise issues when turning the wheel left or right at city speeds. Any ideas on what to check and how? Thanks for your time.
Front end shake on 2001 Ford Taurus
Asked by for the 2001 Ford Taurus
1 answerJuly 27, 2015
Why does my car shake and rattle when I depress the brake pedal at 50 miles an hour and faster the front end seems to Rattle like through the pedal and through the steering wheel
2 answersJune 02, 2016
1 answerJanuary 30, 2011
0 answersSeptember 08, 2016
1 answerSeptember 13, 2010
This week's top 10
Recent Ford Taurus Questions
- I spilt soda all over the middle console 10 min. later the heater went crazy?
- Codes that are showing are p0351 and p0353. Says ignition coils A and C.
- how to program the cluster on the dash
- When I crank my car the car studders and stops. I let it rest for 15 minutes.
- Where exactly is relay for fuel pump. I am a DIY techy but can't find it.
2001 Ford Taurus Estimates
- Sway Bar End Link Replacement - Rear ($170 - $273) in Hufsmith, TX
- Tie Rod End Replacement - Inner ($234 - $418) in Pine River, MN
- Charging System Diagnosis ($44 - $56) in Angela, MT
- AC Compressor Replacement ($487 - $679) in Northfield, IL
- CV Axle Assembly Replacement ($337 - $444) in Middletown, IA
- Suspension Control Arm Bushings Replacement ($392 - $416) in Corning, IA