My son just purchased his first car. Car runs and handled fine for the test drive, but was unable to take it out on the freeway. Anyway, now that we've had a chance to take it out and get the speed up, it has a bad shake starting at around 55-60 mph. It appears to be coming from the front end somewhere and it transmits through the steering column really bad. Not really noticeable below that and no noise issues when turning the wheel left or right at city speeds. Any ideas on what to check and how? Thanks for your time.
Front end shake on 2001 Ford Taurus
Why does my car shake and rattle when I depress the brake pedal at 50 miles an hour and faster the front end seems to Rattle like through the pedal and through the steering wheel
2 answersJune 02, 2016
1 answerJuly 27, 2015
1 answerJanuary 30, 2011
0 answersSeptember 08, 2016
1 answerSeptember 13, 2010
This week's top 10
Recent Ford Taurus Questions
- Why does my steering wheel shake when I'm braking during deceleration?
- small leak trans pan gasket. said need thicker gasket. Tighten bolt order. .
- If I paid 535 get my car to pass a smog and the engine light still stays on so
- Car bounces and tire rod problems
- I'm changing plugs and did not pay attention to the wire connecting order