Buick Q&A

1998 Buick Riviera Question: front end problem

cardman1979, Niles, MI, October 21, 2009, 15:35

I have like a rubbing grinding sound coming from the front when i turn right.Any ideas?

Valleyautotech October 21, 2009, 16:42

Could be brake pad is down to metal to metal or the cv shaft is worn out and needs replacement, Either way you need to have a tech check this before more damage is done

• Medium-star Best Answer
    mastertech154 October 21, 2009, 19:15
     Journeyman

hello , if the noise only happens when you are driving down the road and turn to only one side , then it sounds like you have a wheel bearing going bad ,, normally if you turn to the right , then that would be the left front bearing , and vis versa , however this is not always the case..

mrmac January 04, 2010, 10:39

I had this same problem with a grinding /vibration when I made right turns. We had a hard time recognizing that the front motor mount was bad and we couldn't find replacement. WE found a shop that could make a replacement. Hard to find part.

Visitor, April 02, 2010, 23:14

This is most likely due to front motor mount. I had similar problem with my 98 Riv and my mechanic took several attempts before finding problem. Difficulty finding replacement.

frustrated in seattle April 25, 2010, 17:21

driver's side cv joint, replace the whole axle, estimated time 2 hours. the left hand side is the larger radius, it's also the drive side.

1998 Buick January 26, 2011, 11:34

I have a rubbing like sound when I turn to the right with this vehicle only at a stand still