front end problem on 1998 Buick Riviera

I have like a rubbing grinding sound coming from the front when i turn right.Any ideas?

by in Niles, MI on October 21, 2009
6 answers
ANSWER by , October 21, 2009
Could be brake pad is down to metal to metal or the cv shaft is worn out and needs replacement, Either way you need to have a tech check this before more damage is done
ANSWER by , October 21, 2009
hello , if the noise only happens when you are driving down the road and turn to only one side , then it sounds like you have a wheel bearing going bad ,, normally if you turn to the right , then that would be the left front bearing , and vis versa , however this is not always the case..
ANSWER by , January 04, 2010
I had this same problem with a grinding /vibration when I made right turns. We had a hard time recognizing that the front motor mount was bad and we couldn't find replacement. WE found a shop that could make a replacement. Hard to find part.
ANSWER by , April 02, 2010
This is most likely due to front motor mount. I had similar problem with my 98 Riv and my mechanic took several attempts before finding problem. Difficulty finding replacement.
ANSWER by , April 25, 2010
driver's side cv joint, replace the whole axle, estimated time 2 hours. the left hand side is the larger radius, it's also the drive side.
ANSWER by , January 26, 2011
I have a rubbing like sound when I turn to the right with this vehicle only at a stand still