When turning the steering wheel in either direction I hear a "popping" noise in the front end. This only occurs when turning the wheel, even while sitting still. It was suggested it could be an upper strut mount bearing. Could it be the rack and pinion? I am puzzled.
front end noise on 2006 Honda Civic
Asked by Visitor for the 2006 Honda Civic
MOST POPULAR ANSWER by hemicuda ,
June 18, 2010
Could be the strut mount bearing but I would have the ball joints checked and you can find a shop here http://repairpal.com/directory?address=33510&car_brand_names=Honda and check repair prices here http://repairpal.com/estimator?car_type_id=4746
1 answerSeptember 02, 2015
1 answerFebruary 23, 2011
2 answersMay 04, 2013
1 answerFebruary 05, 2009
This week's top 10
Recent Honda Civic Questions
- Dash lights become dim when I use headlights and my a/c and heat stopped working
- The alternator and battery both work but battery is still not being charged.
- what causes my 2001 Honda civic stall and squeal when I turn on the A/C or heat
- How do I get the MAP sensor off? It looks like it's held on by rivets, not screw
- Engine light came on got the code to replace air control valve .
2006 Honda Civic Estimates
- Ball Joint Replacement - Upper ($216 - 429) in Saint Charles, IL
- Radiator Replacement ($411 - 596) in Wyckoff, NJ
- Power Steering Pressure Hose Replacement ($169 - 205) in Helper, UT
- Heater Blower Motor Replacement ($122 - 166) in Corral, ID
- Engine Oil Pan Replacement ($422 - 684) in New Fairfield, CT
- Suspension Coil Spring Replacement ($316 - 636) in Grosse Pointe, MI