I have a 2004 Rainier with AWD/5.3L V-8 and when I reach 25-30 mph there is a humming like sound that almost sounds like the tranny is stuck. I filled my AWD transfer case and the noise is still there, could this be the front differential. One other thing in a blizzard 12/24/09 i got stuck several times and the AWD ligth came on but went off when the care was restarted and has not come on again. That's why I filled the transfer case but I am not sure what is going on now. Any ideas?
Front differential problems? on 2004 Buick Rainier
Asked by for the 2004 Buick Rainier
2 answersAugust 18, 2010
1 answerAugust 28, 2016
1 answerOctober 21, 2009
1 answerOctober 25, 2010
This week's top 10
Recent Buick Rainier Questions
- No power to drivers door.for Windows
- Why am I hearing a rattling sound from my front tire when turning right?
- Suspension rear air bags are fully inflated. How can I dump the air?
- My problem is different. Air bags are fully inflated and will not purge. Help!
- Rear liftgate glass release button does not work.
2004 Buick Rainier Estimates
- Oil Leak Diagnosis ($88 - $111) in Luning, NV
- Intake Manifold Gasket Replacement ($325 - $514) in South Roxana, IL
- Oil Pan Reseal - Engine ($673 - $911) in Kossuth, PA
- Fuel Pump Replacement ($814 - $1,046) in Canby, CA
- Stabilizer Bushing Replacement ($76 - $89) in Bradenville, PA
- Windshield Wiper Blade Replacement ($20 - $25) in Gallaway, TN