2003 Toyota 4Runner Q&A

2003 Toyota 4Runner Question: front brake problems

Back when my 4R had 88K miles, the brakes didn't feel right, I brought in, dealer said "oh they got at 80K miles" i said "no,not me-there is something wrong w/ the 4R"... ya see EVERY car/truck i've owned i get over 120K on my brakes.. I don't use them- my gas pedal is my first brake pedal - i've been driving 30yrs.. anyways.. they found that it wasn't me -the calipers were frozen. luckily it was still under warranty. So...now 40K miles later, and they're tellin me that my front brakes need replacing. Now they're saying "they go at 40K" OH REALLY? has totoya quality really gone down that much?!?.. so I explain to them that I don't use my brakes. they won't listen. I'm not questioning the need, I'm questioning the reason. If I habitually get over 120K per brakes - don't you think they should be looking at something other than the pads? like calipers? or computer? I had a vehicle in the past that the computer wasn't releasing the brakes all the way -that was at 45K, replaced and when i sold that car w/ 175Kmiles-the brakes were still in good shape. why oh why won't they listen? so my question...this is twice now this 4R has had problems w/ the front brakes... anyone else out there have this problem?? -
find a good local Japanese specialty shop and get a second opinion. there is no answer to your problem, because every driver brakes differently and the brakes wear out at different rates. simply stated, you need brakes when they wear out. you either replace them or don't. -
Front brake rotors can wear causing a pulsation felt in the brake pedal. Our technicians tell us this condition is best corrected by replacement of the front rotors and brake pads.
I replaced all pads. replaced left front caliper and right rear wheel cylinder. The front brakes will not bleed and are not working. The rear breaks will pump up and work but pressure drops quickly...
change front desk brakes
vehichle came to me with no fluid in master cyl looked all over for leaks none front calipers froze hoses cracked replaced calipers hoes master cyl pressure bled and gravity bled still no brake pe...
why do myfront brake wear so fast i have 50000 and i have replaced them once and need to again