Are these the same thing? I had both front axles replaced about a year ago, and now have been told by another shop that the bearings are bad. Please advise
front bearings vs front axle on 1998 Subaru Legacy
MOST POPULAR ANSWER by ZeeTech ,
November 15, 2010
They are different parts. The bearings won't get replaced when you replace the axle.
This week's top 10
Recent Subaru Legacy Questions
- how can I get the album cover to display on Sirius? I tried using the settings.
- Need front differential rebuilt or replaced looking at cost for the repair.
- Replaced spark plugs,air filter,fuel filter,fuel pump.car still wont start & run
- car feels like it's fish tailing all the time not only on bad wheather what isit
- wht would cause it to not start if it crank nd hit nd is getin fuel nd has spark
1998 Subaru Legacy Estimates
- Axle/Half Shaft Replacement - Rear ($451 - 916) in Bowman, GA
- 75,000 Mile Service ($54 - 96) in Westwood, NJ
- Manual Transmission Fluid Change ($67 - 117) in Mc Calla, AL
- Charging System Diagnosis ($44 - 56) in Atlanta, ID
- Exhaust Muffler Replacement ($231 - 1,074) in Pembroke, NC
- Vibration Diagnosis ($61 - 78) in Plant City, FL