Reviews for Ford Thunderbird years:

Ford Thunderbird Reviews and Owner Comments

Ford ThunderbirdOwner Reviews (18 reviews)
  • 2002 Ford Thunderbird
    Visitor, Grand Prairie, TX, September 06, 2014 06:09
    I really enjoy my 2002 thunderbird but the air conditioner blows hot air blows hot air occasionally and finaly went totaly hot. The dealer tells me that a faulty vacumn type module within the dash needs to be preplaced ($1300). This is after I replaced a the compresor last year.
  • 2004 Ford Thunderbird
    Cyru1, Murphys, CA, May 08, 2012 15:31
    I have a 2004 T Bird. With 14,200 miles and started missing under acceleration. Took it to my Ford Dealer in Stockton, Ca. It was two coils and the window washer container and they replaced them. Gave me a new Mustang to drive home. I live 65 miles away from the dealer. No charge for anything except the gas I used. There is a Ford warranty on the 2002--2004 Thunderbirds for 100,000 miles or 10 years. The Dealer was great. Said come back if the problem recurs. No Charge just a handshake. Cy in CA.
  • 1994 Ford Thunderbird
    Visitor, Finksburg, MD, December 12, 2011 23:23
    We purchased this 1994 T-Bird from the original owner in 2001 and it had about 60,000 miles on it and was in beautiful condition. The engine is the 3.8 V-6, and only full synthetic oil was used in the car since new. My wife drove it until 2009 when she got a new car. At that time it had just under 100,000 miles on it. I started using it as my part time commute car for work and put another 5,000 miles on it. Over years, the car ran great, and other than routine maintenance, we had no problems. A couple of years before my wife stopped driving it, however, we noticed that it was losing coolant, but there were no apparent leaks. When we had it checked out, the mechanic flushed and pressure tested the system and indicated that there were no problems. He neglected to tell me that these cars are known for head gasket failure. A little over a year ago the check engine light started coming on intermittently, the heat stopped working and the coolant loss problem continued. I stopped driving it, and several months ago when I started it up, it begain spewing white smoke. I am told that the head gasket needs to be replaced, and I understand that this could be quite expensive, since I can't do it myself. This is unfortunate, since I really enjoyed driving this car, and this is the only major problem we have had with it.
    Visitor, Athens, OH, August 16, 2011 12:10
    i have a 1997 ford thunderbird but when i buy parts its gotta be for a 96 tbird. but my cars a 1997 makes no sense made a few trips to autozone with parts for a 97 and not fit .. anyways its a great car i just put brakes on it but my rotors are so messed up when im goin like 65 and i gotta make a sudden stop it shakes like u wouldnt believe .but all 4 wheels are all disc brakes is there anyway that i can put my back rotors on my front ?? does anyone know .if u can doit or not but other than that i love it i got the 4.6 V8 and i get like 28mpg.. its awesome the interior is a lil messed up but it was like that when i got it.. its the fastest on race day!!!!
    Visitor, Campbellsville, KY, July 24, 2011 07:39
    I've never been a real fan of Ford until I gambled and bought my 1996 v-8....this is absolutely the best car I've ever owned, powerful, quiet, a smooth ride, and stylish good looks - the only fault I can find is the cup holders are positioned awkwardly
  • 2002 Ford Thunderbird
    Visitor, Amarillo, TX, April 14, 2011 11:44
    Beautiful Car. It is fun to drive. I am greatly disappointed with the air conditioner. They say it needs a new compressor. It has 32,000 miles on it.
    Visitor, Fountain, CO, August 31, 2010 06:00
    What a Great Car, 204,000 miles on the clock. I bought the car in 1999 with 25,000 miles on it, since then I've replace the Heater Core, and the drivers side door mechanism. I don't know how much more dependable a car can be! 1995 T-Bird LX 4.6L
  • 1994 Ford Thunderbird
    tcfheckel, Bellevue, WA, July 25, 2010 18:51
    This is the best road car next to a Cadillac. 28 MPG from the very start. Some problems over the years, but made repairs immediately (some under warranty). Have not had repeat problems. Keep it maintained better than the average person. Have every maintenance receipt since I purchased it new. I'll tally up the receipts - see what its cost me over the years.
    mdolphs, Norwalk, CA, June 16, 2010 09:40
    Ok, here we go. I never liked FORD vehicles, but then I met the TBIRD. I have a v8 40th anniversary and I have never been happier. This vehicle is so quiet, so fast and so clean. I have gone to the ecology pick a part on occassion just to get some new plastic moldings for the seat and a new button for the automatic windows and locks, but no major problems. If you keep up on the service, tune up, oil change, tranny service, A/C service, Coolant, brakes, you should be good with this car. I have never been happier.
  • 1992 Ford Thunderbird
    Visitor, Kannapolis, NC, April 27, 2010 20:58
    I bought it from a friend in 2009, it was his deceased wife's car. The compressor does not work, the side windows don't roll up or down unless you help them, can't figure out how to set the dash clock, tachometer does not work,and driver's shoulder belt not right. It is low to get into, but it is a quiet car, feels good to ride in it, and can't feel the bumps, easy to drive and has the power.
    coreya93, Irving, TX, April 21, 2010 10:46
    I LIKE THE CAR VERY GOOD AND DEPENDABLE
  • 1997 Ford Thunderbird
    jymijamz, Lake Worth, FL, February 28, 2010 08:35
    Over all this is a GREAT car. My second one , I didn't really like Fords because of the old saying ( Found On Road Dead ) or ( Fix Or Repair Daily ) those are all lies..This bird is dress to impress and Power to go anywhere at anytime..
    Travelinbird, Charlottesville, VA, January 24, 2010 15:59
    These cars drive beautifully. Their handling is matched by their stylish good looks. The car seems to be well built and not so subject to rust a easily as earlier cars. Their 4 speed computer transmissions are glitch ridden. But they seem to keep going. Head gaskets can be a problem as well. But over all this car is a keeper. I took my '96 T-bird with 128,000 miles on an 8,500 mile trek across the country. It's v-6 managed to average 30 mpg loaded down. My next car is going to be another 1990's T'bird with less miles. They really are nice cars.
  • 1997 Ford Thunderbird
    ivgotit, Oracle, AZ, December 11, 2009 13:58
    I have a 4.6 V8 with all the extras - has 100,000 miles and still like new - quiet, great ride, excellent brakes, purrs, never had a problem of any kind since 1997. Not many cars can claim that! One of the best used car buys on the market
  • 2004 Ford Thunderbird
    BichonJohn, Punta Gorda, FL, July 31, 2009 14:23
    ABS Light came on @ 22K miles. This was a $450 fix (one wheel only D/S front) because Ford no longer stocks the sensor only as a repair part. The whole assembly had to be purchased. I recently found a TSB outlining Fords service requirements of this part. A small hole is needed to be drilled at base of hub assembly and wheel sensor need to be changed. However this was all discovered after warranty expired. Has anyone been re-imbursed by Ford for this? Also this was marketted and priced as a premium vehicle but lacks premium features such as memory seats associated with the key fobs allowing a two driver family to have their settings saved. A Jeep Grand Cherokee has this featur but not a Ford T-Bird? Why isn't there a Factory fitted GPS unit available to, didn't Lincoln LS owners have this available in 2004 or 2005? Seems at the time Ford was ignorant of the profits available with these expensive GPS toys.
    car1, Seattle, WA, April 10, 2009 12:20
    I bought new my 1995 LX. With 90,000 miles, it is now having its first age problems; five automatic transmission fluid leaks involving old gaskets and other seals. Otherwise, it's still powerful, quiet, and graceful across country or in town. It looks sleeker than most contemporary cars also.
  • 1993 Ford Thunderbird
    RAY D, Taylor, MI, January 08, 2009 10:37
    DRIVES GREAT. BODY DRAIN TUBES ARE A PROBLEM--RUST FIXING BOTTOM PANELS. LOVE THE CAR.
    Tbird95, Chicago, IL, December 19, 2008 10:37
    Owned this car (with 4.6 V8) for 5 years now, basically zero problems. Only had to replace a couple bad O2 sensors. Otherwise, pretty decent mileage on the highway, awesome power, and I can drive it anywhere and depend on it to get me there and home!