Ford Mustang GT Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your Ford Mustang GT
- Cost to replace the positive battery cable
- I have no rear turn signals, back up lights or backup camera. what control modul
- mi mustang runing wiche what couse this what could be cousin this
- on my five-speed when my engine reaches 2000/2200 rpm's I get a loud howling
- What causes poor starts and backfire when engine is cold?
Ford Mustang GT Problems
If a squeaking noise is heard while turning the steering wheel, the outer tie rod ends may be worn and should be replaced.
4.0L V6 engines may develop a buzzing type noise from the upper engine area at about 1900 RPM, under light acceleration. Our technicians tell us this can be caused by loose ignition coil bracket bolts. Coil bracket bolts should be checked for the correct torque before further diagnoses is performed.
Our technicians tell us the spark plugs in this engine can be very difficult to remove. Ford has issued a service bulletin (08-7-6) to address this issue, which includes a recommended procedure on how to remove the plugs. Failure to follow the recommended procedure can result in the one or more spark plugs breaking off in the cylinder head.
The recommend procedure is as follows. Using this procedure will greatly reduce the chance of breaking a spark plug.
1. Break the spark plugs loose when the engine is warm.
2. Turn each plug 1/8 to 1/4 turn and soak the treads with 1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon of Motorcraft Carburetor Tune-Up Cleaner or a quality penetrating oil. Do not try to remove the plugs at this time.
3. Let the threads soak for at least 15 minutes.
4. After the soak period, tighten and loosen each spark plug, working it back and forth until the turning effort is reduced. Then, you can remove the spark plug.
There are special tools available to remove the broken spark plugs and repair shops will often charge additional labor time, over and above the quoted spark plug replacement cost, for the removal of each broken spark plug.
Ford Mustang GT Questions
Need to find out the cost to replace the positive battery cable
It happens between 2000-2200 RPMs after it gets passed those RPMs it goes away it mostly happens In 5th gear
I have issue on my automatic gear when I change the gear from P to D or from N to D I feel the car is Jumping or
Ford Mustang GT Recalls
This limited regional recall is for vehicles currently registered or first sold in Florida, Puerto Rico, Hawaii and the U.S. Virgin Islands, and equipped with Takata-brand air bag inflators. Upon deployment the driver and/or passenger airbag inflator could rupture, increasing the risk of personal injury. Ford dealers will replace the affected airbag inflator modules to correct this concern.
Ford Mustang GT Reviews
transmission gets stuck in reverse when backing up a slight incline into my garage. if I can get it to roll forward a little bit it will come out of reverse. anyone else have this problem?
As soon as my car dropped out of warranty it basically fell apart. It's almost as if key components are designed to fail. If this car was brand new it would be replaced under the lemon law, but since it worked perfectly up until the warranty expired, I'm now stuck with a total POS. 27k miles - California owned car. It looks like its in perfect condition but its a perfect piece of poo.
Nothing but problems with throttle body after the warranty was up. Rocking sound system but burned cd's skip to the point that they can't be played at all. Beautiful car but will not buy another one.