Ford Mustang Cobra Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your Ford Mustang Cobra
- Replaced a window motor in the drivers side and its still not working.
- Starting at approx. 2300 rpm engine noise, 4.6 cobra 321 hp stock engine, knocki
- My cobra has a knocking sound when the rpm increase or when I change gears
- I have a rattling sound that comes and goes when I am coming to a stop.
- engine started making knocking sound. only hear it when rpms are around 1800.
Ford Mustang Cobra Problems
If a squeaking noise is heard while turning the steering wheel, the outer tie rod ends may be worn and should be replaced.
If a buzzing noise is coming from the exhaust at different engine speeds and conditions, this is commonly caused by the heat shields on catalytic converters coming loose at points. The buzzing is the metal on metal contact. Installing a large worm clamp around the catalytic converter and heat shield assembly will prevent the noise and secure the shields.
A broken retaining bracket for parking brake cable can cause a scraping noise on hard acceleration from the driveline area. Replacing the retainer bracket and securing it should fix this problem.
Ford Mustang Cobra Questions
Not at idle, all the time if rpm at 2300 or more, not overheating, no loss of power or oil pressure
When I shift down as I am coming to a stop it makes a tin/rattling noise.
Ford Mustang Cobra Recalls
Ford Mustang Cobra Reviews
car is awesome , And little do people know that these Aluminum blocks are made by Teskid In italy. The same man that makes the ferrarri blocks. And they have been known ti generate over 1500 hp with a stock cobra crank. Mines a vert, I love this car
I hade a Mach 1 its the same with out the supercharger but I was only half a car length behind a 03 cobra on the 1/4 mile