Reviews for Ford Fusion years:

Ford Fusion Reviews and Owner Comments

Ford FusionOwner Reviews (36 reviews)
    Visitor, Bourbonnais, IL, December 16, 2014 15:03
    This is my second Ford. The first was an explorer that had many wheel bearing problems. Now I have a 2012 Fusion and was just told at the dealer I need a front right wheel bearing. (47000 miles)The mechanic at the dealer told me they have problems because there is a mix of aluminum parts. The Also rides rough over any small bumps.
    Visitor, Patterson, CA, August 06, 2014 18:45
    I adore my 2010 Fusion. Bought her used and she is amazing.
    leeedward, Clayton, NC, July 13, 2014 11:51
    Computer chip controlling throttle went nuts 2 weeks after buying it 4/2013. It took a month of fighting with CarMax Ford and two Ford repair shops to get it fixed. Seems there was a recall in 2013, but prior owner did nothing about it. Check with Ford directly to see if your model has had a recall.The 4cyl. has had the most problems.
    Visitor, Wake Forest, NC, June 10, 2014 21:39
    This car is THE BEST car I've owned in my life. Bought it fairly new in 2008 and just sold it to my 17 yr old son. 114,000 miles and NOT ONE DAY of problems. The 3.0 V6 FLIES down the road...comfort, speed, fast acceleration, etc. Now the sad news...after 5 years of sheer pleasure, my son crashed it into a curb losing control on a left turn and now I'm looking (or rather HE) is looking at a costly repair. We'll know tomorrow.
    Visitor, Huntsville, TX, April 03, 2014 11:29
    I bought my 2007 Fusion in July 2007. It is a 4 cylinder. Other than regular wear and tear items, batteries, tires and oil changes,I have had very few problems. A $25 part in the AC system went out 3 years ago. Ford claimed this was an 8 hr labor job and wanted almost $1000 to change this $25 part. I found a guy to do it for $250. I now have 140K miles on the car.It still gets about 25 mpg. I plan to keep it as long as possible.
    Visitor, Terra Alta, WV, March 19, 2014 12:17
    Own a 07 AWD Fusion- was told yesterday that I needed new drive shaft. Have 42,000 miles on it. I am original owner. Have kept well maintained. Very upset about this costly repair. I am going to get in touch with Ford Motor Co. appears from checking online that a lot of other people have had this issue.
    Visitor, Jeffersonville, IN, February 17, 2014 13:32
    I have been satisfied with this 6 Cyl Automatic Fusion just reach 200,000 miles. I HAVE ENJOYED AND STILL LOVE THIS CARS RIDE. i PICKED IT UP WITH 8k miles for 17.5k. During all that time I had the brake and front rotors & brakes replaced 3 times ( by family $100 each time ) and Installed a Salvage yard AC compressor at 170k miles IN 2012. Now it is Feb 2013. BUT NOW IT IS DECISION TIME .... Check engine light is on and point to Cat., due to a recent minor Oil Ring leak. Should I go with a $5300 + tx quote for a Salvaged yard engine 12k miles ( 6 month wrty ) which will include the 2 Cat converter replaced. (yes this car has 3 Cats but the 3rd one is not vital /monitored. I would by a ford fusion again just which they could get 50 mpg thanks to Obama Gas prices
    Visitor, Peoria, AZ, December 28, 2013 14:46
    I purchased my 2011 Ford Fusion SE new in March 2011 and have been happy with the purchase (it is now December 2013). I previously owned a Lexus and of course the Fusion is not as nice inside as the Lexus. I have not had any problems with the car and have had all of the maintenance performed as scheduled. The cheep interior finishes are really my only complaint. The technology is great (Sync) and I have not had any problems with it. I am sitting at the ford dealer right now getting my 30000 mile service and I would recommend going somewhere other than the dealer for service. I have been disappointed with the prices they charge which is the whole reason I am visiting this sight.
    Visitor, Boston, MA, September 30, 2013 05:43
    I have a 2006 Ford Fusion and I love it. It has 102000 miles on it and has had no problems except my oil pan gasket started leaking. I was quoted $600 to have it fixed. Has anyone else had this problem and doe $600 sound high?
    Visitor, Canton, MI, March 14, 2013 13:45
    I was loving my 2010 Fusion and I just passed my 36 months and the problems started. My battery died. My alternator needed to replaced. I cannot believe the timing. I have no warranty now and need to shell out over $500 for the fix :-(.
    Visitor, Whitewater, MT, January 20, 2013 16:54
    I've owned 2 Fusions and will definitely own a third. Best car a regular mans money can buy. To the guy who had to replace a wheel bearing, I own an auto repair shop and have never replaced a Fusion wheel bearing but I replace many wheel bearings on practically every kind of vehicle out there.
    Visitor, Newcastle, OK, December 19, 2012 15:09
    to the guy who called his Fusion the biggest POS ever, a few tips: 1. WHY is it a POS? 2. how was it maintained? 3. what are your driving habits? 4. without any other details, I am forced to assume you are either a juvenile with lots of free time, a giant asshat, possibly a juvenile that happens to be a giant asshat. here's how you write a review: i have an 08 fusion, purchased preowned with 50k. been driving it for 2 years now, and currently at 90k. the only REPAIR i have had to do at this point is to replace my battery. regular maintenance has been done, with oil changes performed every 5k, tires rotated on the same schedule, i have flushed and filled the transmission, flushed and filled the coolant, and at the next oil change, i will replace the spark plugs. i do this because MAINTENANCE is less expensive than REPAIRS. the e.p.a. says to expect 29 mpg on the highway (4cyl automatic) but i acutally average approximately 32.5 mpg on summer blend gas, and 30.7 on winter blend. two years into ownership, and still problem free. very happy with my Fusion.
    Visitor, Buford, GA, December 06, 2012 13:15
    I love my Fusion. But, had to replace left front wheel bearing at 55K and know today 12/6/2012 85K replacing right from wheel bearing. :( I have never owned a car that I had to replace the wheel bearings.
    Visitor, Marrero, LA, November 09, 2012 19:08
    2006 ford fusion piece of crap
    Visitor, Indianapolis, IN, October 31, 2012 09:01
    I'm not sure about the other people who ahve written reviews but I bought my 09 fusion two years ago and it had 15k on it. The dealership dropped the price 2k and gave me another 2k on my trade-in and 1987 Ford Probe. I didn't like the car at first the front end looked really ugly but I actaully like it now. The car now has 81k on it (yes I drive a lot)it still gets 26 miles to the gallon city and 32 highway. I replaced the brakes, windshield wipers, replaced the water pump belt and after my exwife crashed it (twice) had it repaire, I haven't had much trouble out of the car to be honest. The engine, transmission and everything else machinical are still strong and the sync is awesome. The only thing I wish is it had the moon roof and spoiler. I would recommend the car to any of the people in my family or friends.
    Visitor, Baltic, OH, October 28, 2012 22:20
    I have a 2008 Fusion SE V6. I have had very few problems with the car. It has 93,000 miles on it. I am just now changing the brake pads and rotors. I have had to replace both low beam headlight bulbs which are a pain to do. The battery failed at 92,500 miles. It needs the brake light switch replaced. The cruise control will kick out occasionally because of it. I really like driving the car. It handles very well on curvy roads and in city traffic. Accelerates great. I do have the car serviced at no more than 5,000 miles and use semi-synthetic oil. My wife and I like the car so well that we just purchased her a one owner low mileage 2011 Fusion.
    Visitor, Plainfield, CT, October 10, 2012 18:35
    biggest P.O.S. ever.my wife bought this to replace a sienna minivan with 180k on it.think i would have been better off keeping it.put 40k on it and its all done.will never buy american car again.hire some real engineers and build a quality product.
    Visitor, Simpsonville, SC, September 07, 2012 07:09
    I bought Fusion in December 2010. Since then I had to go to Fairway Ford Greenville SC (they are great to work with) for recall - turned out good Door handle drivers side broke needed to be replaced Door handle passengers side broke needed to be replaced New battery bought in NC had to wait 2 months to get my money back. Back up light gone out drivers side. Each time I have to go Ford place I have to leave my car and they only transport me back to work so I have to get someone to take me after work to get my car. This is my first time buying car other than Nissan and Toyota and it has not been good. It is real sad 2 year old car falling apart.
    Visitor, Merrill, WI, August 09, 2012 10:07
    The heater fan makes an irritating noise, had it fixed and it is now doing it again after the warranty is off. The transmission went out and right after that was fixed the relay went out and the car would not start and that cost us $240.00. Don't feel confident about driving this 2010 Ford Fusion anymore.
    ford Fusion UAE, Fort Collins, CO, August 02, 2012 00:11
    - To start with, I am from the UAE, so the entered zip code is only there because it was requested by the site. - Brakes keeps squaking and jettering despite three times servicing. - The cruse control keeps the car in low gear for a long time causing the engine to over rev. I explained this to maintenance people with no response. Even offered to help working on. - In congested trafic or over speed bumps, the transmission keeps shifting gears prematurly. A very annoying thing. - There is a noise that comes from the heater/ AC zone when reversing the car. - Finally, the 10000 km service cycle is too much and I, as well as other owners, believe that this is going to adversly affect our cars performance in the long run. Ford should put aside maintenance cost saving in the interest of better long run performance of the car even if ford has to increase the initial cost a little.
    Visitor, Saint Paul, MN, July 25, 2012 14:28
    We bought a 2007 Fusion in September 2007. We were just three payments shy of paying this off. We were on vacation when the car acting very strangely on the freeway. We pulled off and started driving slower. At that point we could make the car go faster than 40 mph. We were told by the Ford dealer in Shwanee Mission, Kansas that it would cost $7800 to replace the transmision. They say it is an expensive transmission but nobody we have since talked to has ever heard of a replacement transmission costing this much. We were stuck in a different state with no options but to purchase a new car. If you are having trasmission problems, dump the car now and join us in never buying a Ford again. This the second time in a week that we were robbed by Ford dealers. Never ever again!!!!!
    rpclements, Albuquerque, NM, March 26, 2012 16:49
     Journeyman
    Have owned my 2006 Ford Fusion with V6- Aisin F21 6 speed transmission since new. Taken very good care of it- now less than 64K miles. 2 months ago had issue with hard shift and "bucking" from take off. Only happened like 2 times, my wife explained to me that felt like computer didn't know what gear to go into. Nevertheless, changed transmission fluid even though owners manual didn't suggest until 100k. Thought it fixed but then other day happened again. Been looking online last couple days and been reading up on other stories and TSB reports. Sounds like problem is either with a TCM reflash for update- which i read vehicles built before 9/4/2006 (mine is 10/2005) or with a faulty Valve Body which in my case hope not due to $1400 cost plus install. Well not sure at this point what fix will be but just dropped my car off at Ford dealer for TCM reflash and hoping this $118 fixes my problem. Service advisor checked my car and did have old software so hoping at this point this corrects problem! I'll give an update at later date with my results which hopefully will help someone else that runs into this problem. Have read alot of horror stories from many individuals but my experience had been very positive with my car. Until now never faced any mechanical problems. During my full warranty period only had to return for service right before warranty ran out to replace both rear door handles that had broken. I can't even put into words how much the information I've read lately on this problem has really helped me decide on what direction to move in. My first reaction was got to trade in and get out from under a huge potential problem but then would be facing many more years of payments (got 11 more payments). I've loved my car and didn't want to have to do that but would if i had to. The information I've received gave me a very positive outlook on fixing my car so i can keep as i'd planned for many years. Ok well hopefully this will give someone else hope and I'll update in couple months with my results. Will update sooner if problem happens again. Update: 3-26-12 NO PROBLEMS YET. HOPING FLASHING WORKED. BEEN THINKING ALOT TOO OF HOW MY WIFE DRIVES CAR LOL I'VE NEVER EXPERIENCED THIS PROBLEM MYSELF AND WONDER IF HOW SHE DRIVES. I'VE ONLY BEEN DRIVING IT AND ALL GOOD AT THIS POINT.
    Visitor, Reidsville, NC, February 29, 2012 11:43
    I have an 07 Fusion. I bought this car in 2008 at 9k miles on it from a friend (one time owner). I drove the car for about a year and a half with no problems at all. I drive this car a lot, so I do expect some wear and tear. Since about 09-10 I have probably replaced the bulbs in my rear break lights about 5-7 times. My windshield wipers have been replaced about 4 times. In Oct 2011 I have to have the entire coolant system replaced. My breaks are just now starting to show sign of wear. Currently the issue I am having is my transmission, my car goes in the shop tomorrow because my car will not go above 2nd gear (it's an automatic) and it acts as if it doesn't want to go to 2nd to begin with.. So I was told I need two new solenoids. I have 98k miles on my car right now. Other then all of these issues the car is great.
    Visitor, Tonawanda, NY, January 23, 2012 14:16
    I HAVE A FORD FUSION 07 SE AWD 62400 MILES. MY CARRIER BEARING WENT BAD ON THE FRONT END OF THE DRIVE SHAFT. HERE'S THE PROBLEM FORD DOSE NOT SELL CARRIER BEARINGS. YOU MUST BUY THE WHOLE DRIVE SHAFT. MY COST $750.00 FOR THE DRIVE SHAFT ONLY. I BOUGHT THE CAR FROM A DEALER USED 16 MONTHS AGO. I CALLED CUSTOMER SERVICE AT FORD 1-800-392-3673 AND REPORTED THIS TO THEM. IT SOUNDS LIKE THIS IS A ON GOING PROBLEM.
    Visitor, Chicago, IL, January 04, 2012 19:40
    I purchased my Fusion brand new in 2009. The only issue I had is that I had to replace the brakes just last year at under 30,000 miles. The breaks were completely gone to the surprise of my mechanic. I would say just monitor your breaks closely because they are crappy. I have had no other issues to date, and besides that I love my car!
    Visitor, Howell, MI, November 05, 2011 19:31
    Mr. 2008 fusion, If wanting a toyota or honda, you should move there and support their economy too! Sorry for your problems with your fusion but sometimes a bad car does get out to the public or maybe you should evaluate how you drive? People like you who put down american made products make me sick!
    Visitor, Lexington, NE, October 19, 2011 17:19
    Bought our 2007 Fussion SEL in Jan. 2011 with 67000 mi. Like it a lot. Gas milage isn't the greatest, new plugs and plug wires may help. I changed frt left wheel bearing costing $106,other than that it's been a great car. We've put about 7,000 miles on so far.
    Visitor, Shickshinny, PA, August 20, 2011 12:01
    We purchased a used 2007 Fusion from a Ford dealer car was purchsed on October of 2010. The car was in storage all winter in the spring the car had to have the PCM replaced all the sparkplugs and the coils. we went on a vacation and the truck light droped down as it is missing a bracket to hold it up and it burned holes in our luggade. The purformance is good now but our bags are ruined.
    Visitor, Fairfield, OH, April 18, 2011 20:14
    I purchased this car in 2008 and was well pleased until I went back to the dealer with problems. The 2.3 engine is noisy. I can hear it knock every now and then. it uses antifreeze and needs to be checked every oil change and it only has 38000 miles on it. I didn't know it was using antifreeze until I quite going to the dealer for service. The suspension knocks when you hit a bump. The door seals sound like I have a window down, The transmission when cold doesn't want to shift out of first the first time it shifts, after that it seems okay. I wouldn't have this issues if I had purchased a Honda or a Toyota. I noticed the ford dealer torquing my wheel down to tight and then trying to get me for a break job since the brakes are not covered under the warranty. I blamed it on the mechanic and they re-torqued the lugs and it was all good. This is the last time I spend my hard earned money for rattle trap. Good luck suckers. Trade it in at 36000 miles and run.
    Visitor, Burlington, MA, August 22, 2010 14:57
    great car 2.3 l all you ever need
    paulwilson05, Keller, TX, August 02, 2010 16:00
    Good looking car. Brakes are OK but should be a little stronger. Perhaps a bleed and ceramics will be done to mine. Nothing awful besides the water-pump starting to wobble (replaced). I think the A/C could be much better. Overall a good car to commute or take friends places. Its a multi-tasker as well. My rear seats fold down and I'm able to fit a mountain bike in and close the trunk.
    Visitor, Pittsfield, MA, June 22, 2010 19:16
    What a great car. Both good lookin and sporty as well as powerful. Ours has the 3.0 v6 and keeps up with an audi a4. kids fit nice with 2 carseats in rear and enough room for a adult to comfortably sit in the back to. soud system could be tweeked a bit. but overall i would buy another just to have but maybe an sel.
    Visitor, Utica, MI, May 12, 2010 18:37
    Just purchased a Ford Fusion two weeks ago. The first day of ownership I took a trip across town, about 45 miles. After 30 min. of eway speed a trouble light comes on, a wrench symbol. Turns out it's a transmission problem, trouble codes P1744 & P0741. Now my car has been at the dealer for a week. They say it's the torque converter. What a new car experience, 280 miles and now I get to watch them tear my trans apart.
    TeacherBill, Santa Monica, CA, April 10, 2009 20:47
    Lifetime Ford person. Gave my third Taurus to my wife, bought the Fusion just last week--used. Still on a "honeymoon." Love it so far. Please advise if I should be aware of any special problems.
    bdazzled4u, Jackson, MS, April 08, 2009 15:00
    I have had the car for a month and I just adore it. The only fault I have are the sensors go off when Im waiting at the red light and a car is too close and they just sit there. But overall the 2009 Ford Fusion 6cyl is a great vehicle.
    allfordman, Wilkes Barre, PA, March 27, 2009 16:14
    We purchased this car used with about 50,000 miles on it. We chose it for the amount of interior room and excellent fuel economy. We get 20+ MPG around town and 30MPG on the highway (with 4 of us and a trunk full of luggage with the A/C on!) The trunk space is great but the downfall is they raised the deck height and the third brake light often obstructs your view of a car immediately behind you. The car has four wheel disc brakes that stop great, ours has the 4cylinder 2.3L engine, which has plenty of power and great economy, and the automatic transmission, which does a great job of balancing needed power with economy. The heating and A/C work quite well, but it seems that the low fan speed is still a bit high and we sometimes find ourselves turning the fan off and on several times to keep it comfortable when there isn't a need for full heat or A/C. The car is good looking, easy and economical to service, and very roomy! I would strongly recommend this car!