Reviews for Ford Focus years:

Ford Focus Reviews and Owner Comments

Ford FocusOwner Reviews (42 reviews)
    Visitor, Denver, CO, December 06, 2014 13:50
    2010 SE.Bought new in Denver.Been a great car.58000 miles,with the only problem,injector went out .Ford replaced under warrenty in about 2 hours.Reliable,and good in the snow.31 MPG combined driving.It has been a better car than my 2003 Honda Civic.
    Visitor, Elk Grove, CA, October 28, 2014 16:09
    Got my 2001 Focus from coworker with 156300 miles in May of 2013. Very good price, too good to reveal. Now have 169500 miles and only two problems have happened in the last 2 months. #1 the fuel pressure regulator malfunctioned and caused rough running till replaced after some difficulty diagnosing. Ford has none in stock so I pulled one off a junker. Will cost over $100 at Ford. Two days ago my pass. side front window fell out of clamps and broke both of the attaching clips to the actuating cable that attaches to the electric motor. I got the rear clamp/clip from the junkyard and installed but the unit for the front clamp/clip is different. It has two indentations to hold the cable ends. They appear to be very tight and am not sure I will be able to effectuate a repair easily. The car gets 25+ mileage and has the Ztec eng and is plenty peppy for me and I am not known for not keeping up. LOL>! Also replaced the tailgate struts, spark plugs and 2 bulbs. Been a Ford fan since 1948 when my folks moved from Philly to Kalamazoo in a 1929 Model A 4dr. sedan. Neat Huh?
  • 2014 Ford Focus
    monkeytoesbme, Huntsville, AL, October 09, 2014 09:15
    My brand new Ford Focus Titanium had to be towed back to the dealership with 250 miles on it. It had to have the clutch replaced with 800 miles on it. It is now back in the shop because it drives terrible. You never know if it going to react to the gas pedal being pushed or if it will roll backwards on a hill. It is an automatic. The transmissions in the 2014 Ford Focus are junk. It skips gears randomly. Ford says all of this is normal. It may be normal to them but check out the reports coming in about this car before you think about spending your hard earned money on one. Ford makes a good car but when I get this one bought back, I will spend the extra 2000.00 to get a Fusion. It has a different transmission in it.
    Visitor, Plainfield, IN, June 27, 2014 19:49
    I have a 2010 Focus with about 45000 miles and the air conditioner when out. The ford services quoted app. $1900 to repair. Is anyone else experiencing problems with the air conditioner going out so early? Headlight had to be replaced at 40,000 miles. I bought the car brand new so I am the only driver. No accidents.
    Visitor, West Lafayette, IN, April 17, 2014 13:39
    I have only 43,000 miles on this car and it squeekes like a rusty bed spring. The heat shield was loose and has been fixed Front sway bars and sway bar link was replace but sound continues. It sounds like the fram is coming apart. I hate this and will never get another Ford. it is an embarrassment.
    Visitor, Groton, CT, November 22, 2013 13:28
    244,000 miles on my 2001 ford focus wagon and still going.
    Visitor, Lakeview, OH, November 06, 2013 07:57
    Bought the car with 104K on it. I do my own repairs and replaced the steering rack and did the belts and waterpump. changed all fluids. A previous owner (2) used the car to haul chicken mash or something so rear springs were weak and one front spring had issues. Got the camber/toe set front and rear and have gotten 20K out of it so far. Now have issues with the fog lights and rear wiper not working. As the car is set up it handles well...is quiet...has a good sound system.
    Visitor, Santa Rosa, CA, May 16, 2013 11:00
    I would buy another Ford Focus. I have 105000 on this car and it need a crankshaft pulley replaced. This is my first repair other then tires and brakes.
    Visitor, Milton, MA, May 04, 2013 08:41
    I purchased this car new and loved how it drove and handled as well as the utility it offered (hatchback). There were too many recalls (7 or 9). The front suspension got noisy around 30K and was repaired under warranty - struts and links. One front spring broke and was replaced under a corrosion recall. The engine starved for fuel when the gas tank was under 1/4. There was a 10 year service program to replace the fuel pump but I did not do this in time and the fuel pump stopped working after the car sat a few months. By this time the car was 12 years old and was due for a timing belt replacement. It also had a leaky oil pan. I did not want to spend that much on a 12 year old car, so I junked it. I drove it 111K miles and only spent $400 on repairs (rear wheel bearing, battery and front rotors). All other parts were original, even the brake pads! For this reason, I was not unhappy but feel there were too many recalls and quality issues.
  • 2009 Ford Focus
    Visitor, Oakland, MD, April 29, 2013 06:55
    Bought 2009 Focus in 2012; now has 59k miles. Traded in an F250 on it and now get 35mpg around rural area & over 40mpg on long interstate driving trips compared to 12mpg best of times on truck. Feels like I got a presidential bailout at gas pump. Excellent mountain-goat type of car for my mountainous area in any weather.
  • 2004 Ford Focus
    Visitor, Garden City, MI, January 01, 2013 17:51
    I am the original owner of this focus since I have owned it I had the rear door latches replaced twice and there still not working again, the transmission went out without warning,the trunk release is not working and do not know what relay or fuse to replace on it,the cd player has acted up since we bought this car as well
  • 2011 Ford Focus
    jimmyhotpot, Tacoma, WA, November 03, 2012 04:32
    hi keep my building materials in back of my ford focus 2011 model now one of the lights his not working
    Visitor, Murrieta, CA, July 26, 2012 18:39
    Bought my focus wagon new in 2006. I had the latch on the hatch replaced in the first 6 months after losing stuff twice out the back on the road. Replaced the brakes and first set of tires around 30k miles, replaced another set of brakes at 50K and 2 more sets of rear tires before hitting 100k miles. Changed the shocks and struts around 50k miles. Needless to say, I'm not happy with how Ford engineered the suspension and brakes on the car. Now, at 104k miles, the low-beam lights have gone out and I have replaced all the fuses, the bulbs, and the relay and it's still not working.
    Visitor, Dearborn, MI, June 01, 2012 20:24
    I bought my 2001 ford focus new. It has been a thorn in my side. It only has 60 thousand miles. The steering is bad, I have had BOTH ty-rods break while driving the car, the front coil also broke while driving the car. The radio comes on and goes off at will. When you try to turn the radio up it goes to zero ,when you try to turn it down,it goes to 16 or goes off. My 1600,00 dollar NEW car has cost me about 4500.00 to repair. The last time I took it in ,it was almost 300 dollars,and the mechanic told me the trans is going. FORD stands for FIX OR REPAIR DAILY. I would not recommened a ford to anyone,ever.I let people know how when asked.
    Loquaciouslow, Bellevue, NE, May 23, 2012 12:00
    I rated my car based off the experience I have had with it. I bought it used in '07 in Alaska with 41k miles. It was a rental car prior to being sold for $10k. My credit was not the best so I got the cheapest car on the lot that looked clean to keep mayments low. Cd player died in '09. Has been wrecked twice and repaired twice. The A/C fan died in '11, but was fixed by a local mechanic. It's having electrical issues from what I think was the repairs done in '09 from accident #2. That is odd because the same repair shop fixed it after accident #1 and it worked great. Other than cosmetic issues like my broken glove compartment handle and my broken armrest (those were our fault), it has been very good to me. Until I get the vehicle checked I cannot be sure if the electrical issues are just the car or the poor workmanship of the repairs done in '09. I paid it off this year. Rebuilding credit for a future car. In the meantime- it's going to be mine. I want a nicer newer, but that conflicts with my desire to save my money and be debt free...especially if it is still running just fine.
    Visitor, Clinton, MD, October 01, 2011 12:08
    I have a 2003 Focus. I love my car. It only has 68,000 miles on it as I don't travel a lot. I have had only one problem. The ignition switch locked and I had to have a locksmith remove a small part inside the cylinder. That was not expensive. I found out what to do from checking the internet. Lots of luck to the rest of my fellow Focus owners. I hope you are as happy with your car as I am.
    Visitor, Antioch, CA, June 27, 2011 13:43
    Has anyone report an unsual increase in miles on the odometer
    LauraLovesBlue, Independence, MO, January 29, 2011 03:09
    My dad has a 2005 Focus and I absolutely hate that car. It's cheaply made and stuff is always going wrong on it. The steering has never been right and the brakes squeak like crazy. The dealership checks them every time, and I'm sure they've been replaced, but insists there is nothing wrong with them. They are so loud you can't drive with the windows down and I always wear sun glasses in his car because I'm really embarrassed to drive it. Literally everyone around you, outside or inside their cars, stares at you. I own a 97 Ford Escort and would not trade him in a million years. You could not give me his focus for free... I wouldn't want it.
  • 2000 Ford Focus
    Munky, Elyria, OH, December 08, 2010 15:01
    This is a very good car so if your looking for a car that is dependable then this is it.
    Visitor, Fort Lauderdale, FL, October 21, 2010 20:19
    Hello, my 2001 ford focus; 89K~ Ive had it 4years now, iits been a good car and needed some repairs. Such as replace a/c unit, engine mounts, rotars, and now head gaskets. Other then that, tthis American Car has been a good car to me Ive gotten my ware n tear in. It also needs to stepup its game to compete with the EUO's. Same compliants fix prombles do a free recall, save me money or somewhere near down the line get exposed like Toyata. I bought American for a Reason, I may convert my Currancy Next!!
    Visitor, Coden, AL, September 27, 2010 15:48
    I have a 2003 ford focus zx3 and bought it brand new. I would not recommend this car to anybody, ford made these cars cheaply and they are severely flawed. My car is almost 8 years old and only has 81,252 miles on it because i cant keep it running long to put very many miles on it. and repairs are costly. Not and ideal car for some one looking for something cost efficiant. My list of repairs are below. 20k airconditioner leaking freon 23k radio/cd player broke 28k igniton had to be replaced/ altenator had to be replaced 29k trunk release but quit working 34k air conditioner broke again 36k new tires 71k evaporator core leak in the a/c 72k Door handle will no longer opent door have to leave window rolled down open from passenger side. 72k window lever broke 74k new water pump and pump housing 75k missing very bad 75k new spark plugs and wires and new ignition coil 75k blown fuses & all but 1 light went out so had to replace bulbs 76k gas & temp gauges were inaccurate and hung up. 81k water pump adaptor cracked 81k rough start and alot of vibration and noise when in park/reverse usually stops when the car warms up 81k makes a grinding noise whenever you run over a bump in the road 81k when in reverse with your wheels turned makes an extreamly loud and embarassing squealing noise
    Visitor, Wyandotte, MI, September 09, 2010 11:16
    We have 184k miles on our 2002 Ford Focus hatchback and it's been a great little car. We just replaced the front struts, sway bar links and outer tie rods, rear shocks and all brakes on the car. The exhaust has been replaced with a Summit Racing stainless steel exhaust. Our son has owned the car for several years and it's been dependable and economical to maintain. It has always had full synthetic oil in it and we've used AMSOIL 5w20 since we've owned it. We'll keep it on the road as long as we can!
    schibs, New Brunswick, NJ, September 01, 2010 09:02
    Manual transmission coupe. I put approximately 20,000 miles on it in nine months and have no complaints. It handles really nicely and does what you ask it to do. Mileage is really nice, averaging 35mpg combined, around 50mpg highway.
  • 2008 Ford Focus
    Visitor, New Caney, TX, June 23, 2010 15:27
    Mileage so far is 20K. The only problem was replacing two tires at 18K due to broken cords within the tires, could not balance them.
    Visitor, Fair Oaks, CA, June 21, 2010 20:58
    My car is only 4 years old and I've had to put in a new water pump, brakes, power steering pump, and now I'm told one of the motor mounts needs to be replaced (plus tires but that is to be expected). I bought it new and have had regular schedule maintenance performed since then. It seems to have a lot of issues for a fairly new car.
    Visitor, Mount Vernon, NY, June 14, 2010 10:42
    GAS MILEAGE 18 CITY
    Visitor, Accident, MD, June 12, 2010 09:08
    I love my ZX3 Focus, until the 45,000 mile mark I had olnly changed two light bulbs, if you ask me (a mechanic) that is pretty good :)
    Visitor, Sumas, WA, June 07, 2010 11:00
    My 2001 Focus ZTS has 190,000 km on it its ok to drive but I have replaced all of the brakes, brake booster, different sensora all over the car the cat and o2 sensors are shot the lights took a dump, the motor mounts are done the suspention has been replaced ... the list goes on. My old civic was definatly more cost effective.
    Visitor, Quincy, MA, April 26, 2010 18:06
    07 focus se this thing is a road turd for sure had some rain alternator got wet car shut down for 24 hours then worked again like nothing was wrong now car headlights and engine and accessorys wont turn off either must just be a ford thing car has 55,000 miles i owned since new did oil changes and everything on time
  • 2000 Ford Focus
    Visitor, Old Town, ME, April 08, 2010 05:46
    good gas miliage
  • 2009 Ford Focus
    car lover, Kearney, NE, April 02, 2010 07:44
    I love the mileage. It has 15,000 m when I bought it. Not a big car, but it works fine for me to go to work, run errands and take a few trips out of town. So far it is very reliable.
    barongustavo, Houston, TX, March 22, 2010 02:29
    This vehicle has very bad front brake disks. They warped when it has less of 30.000 miles. Everything else is just ok. Very nice in hte Autobahn but vibrates at 100 miles per hour when I press the brakes, very bad.
    tcbrown, Woodstock, VA, January 07, 2010 19:48
    I have a 2001 ZX3 with 300k on it. i have only had to replace the fule pump, and a motor mount. other than that only normal driving issues. i am a gm girl, but i have to say that ford finally got it right with the small car.
    robert844, Adelanto, CA, November 12, 2009 13:50
    very great car.i simply LOVE it.no major repairs just normal wear.tires and brakes just done turned 30k miles.brakes werent bad but figured better to replace them.and the mileage is unbelievable.i can get 425 out of a tank driving 65-70.its been a great car since day one.the interior noise stopped when i got the new tires.the old ones were the pirellis and they were lower profile.put goodyear gt's on it and the sound quieted down ALOT.
    mhenson254, Eastanollee, GA, October 21, 2009 20:17
    this has been a very good car-need to keep tires rotate and they won't cup-2.0 sohc engine may drop valve seat and ruin engine with no warning usually after 140-150 thousand miles but can happen earlier overall not a bad car at all-remember this is not a lincoln.
    Dayna2.3, San Antonio, TX, July 19, 2009 10:51
    This Focus is an ST performance model. The battery died after three years but that is to be expected. Otherwise, no reliability issues, and excellent gas mileage, 25mpg city and up to 33mpg highway. Only routine visits to the dealer.
    cush, Hudson, FL, April 11, 2009 17:23
    Bought it with 5 speed manual transmission so I would have a light weight car to tow behind our motor home. I found it to fully satisfy our needs as a very dependable car for this purpose, plus general running around. With about 14K miles on it, have not had any kind of a problem. Great product.
    finlander46, San Leandro, CA, March 26, 2009 23:40
    Lots of body noise, several electrical issues, transmission amd air-conditioning unit replaced (thank god it was while still under waRRANTY.
    row516, Akron, OH, January 15, 2009 10:45
    It's not a bad car, its not a great car. I bought it use. Did fine for the first 2 years. And after that things just seemed to go downhill. Luckily No MAJOR repairs but this car is "nickel and dimeing" the death out of me.I've had most of the same "common"repairs such as the resistor pack and brakes. I don't hate the car but if an opportunity presented itself to me to get away from this car - I would in a heart beat.
    TigressBCC, Redwood City, CA, October 29, 2008 17:16
    My Ford Focus has been a good inexpensive option, and mostly hasn't needed a lot of time in the repair shop. For repair Ford Focus has had some issues with the brakes. In general, compared to the inexpensive Asian cars I've owned, like the Honda Civic, it's not as reliable. But the Focus auto parts are fairly reasonable in price, so it's not too bad. In driving, it feels a little too lightweight and less safe than other cars in its category.
    hazelbrowneze, Melbourne, FL, October 07, 2008 06:04
    what ? (smile) its a good car I just want to stay ahead of the game
    wallst, Chico, CA, August 24, 2008 22:01
    This is an OK car for commuting. The road noise is terrible and very poor on the acceleration.