Reviews for Ford F-150 years:

Ford F-150 Reviews and Owner Comments

Ford F-150Owner Reviews (87 reviews)
    Visitor, House Springs, MO, November 09, 2013 06:07
    Bought my 1999 f-150 4x4 12 years ago with 50, 000 miles now it has 345, 000 , love this truck great truck . Had the transmission go out about 9 months ago.
    1998f1500, Battle Creek, MI, October 30, 2013 22:04
    I still have my 1998 F-150 that I bought brand new in July of that year. It's a 4x4 cab and a half with tow package and a 5.4 L motor. I have been very lucky with this truck. I change the oil myself every 3k to 5k miles using Valvoline oil. This truck has 242,000 miles on it. The only repairs have been the steering wheel shaft that connects to the gearbox because for some reason the steering developed a lot of play in it. I had the ball joints replaced at about 170,000 miles, the alternator at about 190,000 miles, a rebuilt a/c compressor at 210,000 miles,a new gas tank with bands that made the tank leak and a new muffler at 220,000 miles. This truck has the original heater hoses and water pump which amazes me. The cooling system was flushed once at about 160k miles along with the transmission fluid being changed. This truck has more than paid for itself. Either I am really lucky or am enjoying the benefits of treating my truck with respect and care over the years. This truck has never left me stranded. You know what they say, If you take care of it, it will take care of you.
    Visitor, Richland, WA, October 02, 2013 06:57
    I bought my 5.4 in 2002 or 2003 with 48,000 miles on it. It has 212,000 miles on it now. It has been a great truck, original motor and transmission. Have had alternators, starters, radiator and right rear axle replaced and the notorious odometer light comes on and off but besides that it has really done well
  • 2011 Ford F-150
    Visitor, Orlando, FL, September 02, 2013 07:34
    Bought a 2011 f150 stx with a 3.7 the engine is small but its been good and dependable sofar at 35, 0000. Tows my 6, 000lb boat to and from ramp no problem. As a mechanic myself the 3.7 is easy to repair lots of room to remove a/c compressor, alternator, water pump or front cover if needed. Only complaint Is no cup holders on arm rest, but its not the end of the world
    Visitor, Miami, FL, August 01, 2013 18:35
    Truck is great I could not ask for more the only thing wrong with it are the rear doors release cables that got damaged. no rust all factory with 245,000 miles and counting.
    Visitor, Boxford, MA, April 29, 2013 06:10
    Nice truck except for one thing. It's rusting out all over the place. The bottom of the truck is a mess. Had to replace the bed and numerous parts of the suspension due to rust. Now the radiator bracket is rusted out.....that's another $1200. The truck only has 100K on it but to a point now that it may not be worh the repairs. The truck has never been near salt water and most of the rads around here don't use salt. Would look at all other trucks before I would buy another one of these.
    Visitor, Statesville, NC, April 13, 2013 22:18
    I LOVE MY 2002 HARLEY-DAVIDSON CREW SUPERCHARGED F-150 TRUCK. IT RUNS AND DRIVES VERY WELL. ITS VERY VERY FAST. MY SECOND BRAKE DO NOT WORK ANYMORE, SO I AM USING THE FIRST SET OF BRAKES. IT STOPS OK. IT HAS 160,000 MILES ON NOW. I BOUGHT IT LAST YEAR FOR UNDER 10,000. MINE HAS ALL BLACK INTERIOR WITH BLACK PAINT. MY HEATED SEATS SEAMS LIKE THEY ARE TOO HOT OR MAYBE THATS NORMAL SETTINGS FOR IT. I AM HAVEING SOME OTHER ISSURES WITH IT. IT IS MAKING WINDING NOISE. I THINK IT MIGHT BE THE POWER STEERING GOING OUT ON IT. THE ENGINE CHECK LIGHT COMES ON SOMETIMES. MY OTHER X 2002 F150 FX4 HAS THAT SAME PROBLEM WHEN I HAD IT LAST YEAR. OTHER THAN THAT, I LOVE MY HARLEY. I AM GLAD THE FORD DEALER IS OFFERING DISCOUNTS ON THERE NEW PARTS.
    Visitor, Merrimack, NH, March 25, 2013 15:54
    I have a 2WD 2000 F-150 Work version with the V-6 engine and a 5 speed manual. Mechanically it's a sound machine but the body is one very serious POS. The emissions canister has literally fallen off the truck due to bracket corrosion. The large sheet metal Radiator mounting member that goes from one fender to the other and then down to the frame thereby forming the mounting position for the front of the truck to the frame is missing the entire lower half. Yes, that's right, the forward end of the front fenders actually float above the bumper as they are no longer attached to the truck. The radiator itself is strung up with Romex wire as all the mounting positions rotted away long ago. The only thing keeping the radiator from impacting the fan are the hoses. Cab corners and rear end of the bed? Don't get me started. This truck has very low mileage for the year (104K) but it still books for a paltry $2500. Given the miserable state of the sheet metal on this pig I'd be ashamed to take that much money from someone. Ford? Never again. You Ford diehards need to think again.
    Visitor, Sacramento, CA, March 25, 2013 12:28
    we have had this truck for 5 years, bought it used and have done nothing to it except brake pads and oil changes it has 119,600 miles on it and runs great, it pulls our boat very well also.!! We previously owned a 2002 Ford F150 that had over 200.000 miles and we didn't have a problem!! We swear by Ford Truclks
    Visitor, South Bend, IN, February 07, 2013 10:30
    -Rear spring shackles are made of inferior metal and flake off like biscuits, never had this problem with any vehicles. -Transmission constantly needs flushing, this is an inherent problem. -Front coil spring housing is also made of inferior metal and flakes off like a hot buttered biscuit,without any provocation!! -I have a F150 XLT with two tanks. I have replaced both tanks at a DIY cost of five hundred dollars in fourteen years. The dealers cost of a fuel tank is $500.00 each. The tank should be made of plastic. -Anyone who has a tow package must be forewarned that the package needs to be removed in order to replace the rear tank. -The anchors are made of plastic and after several years they harden and break off and the dash begins to rattle.
    Visitor, Martinsburg, WV, January 13, 2013 18:22
    I have a 2007 f 150 and am not at all pleasesed with the fact that it is a 4 x 4 truck and when put into 4 x 4 drive it does not ingage. This repair will likly cost about 500.00 to fix so that I can drive my truck in 4 x 4. Not what I had Planned when paying all of those payments. Way to go Ford another find product.
    Visitor, Port Saint Lucie, FL, January 07, 2013 09:30
    I bot new in Sep 2003. Just sold with 141,000,mostly trouble free miles. 5.4, XLT, Super Cab, 4x4. MPG: 9-11 city, 14-15 highway. Had cab high cap entire time, installed cat back duals in 2005. Greatest truck I've ever owned or driven. Can't say enough about it.
  • 2012 Ford F-150
    Jmichael, Mobile, AL, December 16, 2012 18:35
    Bought it with 3 miles on it. So far great truck. STX 4X4 short wheel base, 2 dr with the 5.0L, 3.55 axle ratio. 3k miles on it so far. Gas mileage is about 14 city and 18 highway. Plenty,(maybe too much) power for this light truck! Asphalt roads are great however, dirt roads and this thing can get away from you. Love the truck. Looks great, performs better than expected an turns heads! Impressive exhaust (rumble) sound when stepping on the gas with the stock exhaust system. Love this truck! I do however, have minor issues with the shift points of the auto trans in the 4WD low range.. I'm working with the dealership to fix this problem...
    Visitor, Kansas City, KS, December 12, 2012 12:41
    I purchased my 2007 Ford F150 new and enjoyed its purchase until the past couple of years. It now has 89,000 miles on it and it is not used as a work truck but merely transportation. This past year it has proven to be a lemon by all standards and the costly repairs just keep coming. In the past three months I have spent over $2500 and am looking at another $1500 - $1800 today if I follow the Ford recommendations. At this time I cannot do the scheduled maintenance due to the constant part replacements from Ford, so I am searching for other alternatives and vendors. Was a proud Ford owner for years but will probably move to Chevrolet or maybe even foreign makes due to this horrific experience. What happened to quality, even the logos look like crap now.
    Visitor, Spofford, NH, December 12, 2012 07:37
    I have a 1998 f-150. 120,000 miles on it. I have replaced fuel tank and straps, alt, belts, both front & rear wheel bearing, exhaust from cat back, both headers,brakes all the way around. The body is disappearing fast the rocker panels are the worst and the panels behind the rear wheels. all the suspension in the front has been replaced (upper and lower control arms,tie rod ends,bushings. both rear spring shackles and spring hangers have been replaced due to rust. the trans sometimes slips on a cold start up. The engine runs great and has been a fairly reliable truck. I guess the biggest down fall of the f-150 is the way is rusts so fast.
    Visitor, New Orleans, LA, October 30, 2012 09:21
    I purchased my 2007 Ford F150 in December 2007. Within the first 3 months I had my radio go bad twice and have to be replaced, then my sirius antenna wnet bad and had to be replaced. By the time the radio was working my Sirius trial was finished. I fought with Ford to extend it which they eventually did. I also purchased my F150 with a spray in bedliner. For starters, the people who did the bed liner knicked the paint on my truck on the top conor near the bed. Again I had to fight with Ford to even get touchup paint. We are now less than 5 years since I purchased the truck and the bed liner has been rubbed off in or real thin in alot of areas. Keep in mind this truck is not used as a work vehicle. In the pasrt 3 months (again less than 5 year old truck) I have had my throttle control sensor and now my ERG sensor go bad, resulting in over $1,000 worth of repairs. I have been a life long Ford Owner, my last truck was a 2004 F1-50 that I drove to 245,000 miles with no real issues, but will never purchase a Ford vehicle again after the type of service and poor quality of their products.
    Visitor, Meridian, ID, October 24, 2012 18:58
    Tough truck. Never had problem with power or anything. Looks good and drives great. Mine is a lariat sc 4x4 with 5.4 motor.
    joelburke26, New Middletown, OH, October 17, 2012 17:03
    my truck is mostly under warranty by auto zone as ive replaced more on this vehicle then all other vehicles ive owned combined.170,000 miles and i can barely keep up with the repairs.im going back to chevy or maybe even toyota.
    Visitor, Statesville, NC, October 11, 2012 17:32
    Excellent truck! one of the best looking years. 95-96. Mine is a 96 with a 5.0 2wd. 271,000 miles and runs beautiful. Could not have asked for a better truck..
    Silva Automotive, Cibolo, TX, September 21, 2012 08:21
    Great vehicle, has only 180k on it, and still extremely strong. Feels like this engine is ready to go another 200k. Brakes and suspension are extremely reliable, avoiding 2 major accidents due to the quick reation of the vehicle and the ABS system. Only had one small fender bender (to my truck at least), and we see what vehicle has driven off from it. 3600 to fix theirs and 300 for mine, what a deal.
    Visitor, Dunnellon, FL, September 06, 2012 10:55
    you will have to pry my fingers off the steering wheel to take my 95 eddie bower truck from me. yes, I've done mtc. on it, after all it's got 266,000+ mi. on it. But, it's ready to go, anytime, anywhere, 1,000 miles or 3,000 miles. I love my truck! Take that to the bank............ Sincerely, Tony
    Visitor, Los Angeles, CA, July 24, 2012 17:51
    This is a great riding truck except it stalls all the time and the dealer cant find the problem has been in service 5 times looking at the lemon law i see tons of other trucks with the same issue. Ford doesnt want to spend the time to find the clause because if the did they would have to recall all of the 2010s. they would rather do buy backs......
    Rocki, Webster, MA, June 09, 2012 22:06
    My F-150 has now 255000 miles on it and burns no oil. Truck is amazing and trustworthy. Drive it every day in any kind of weather and confident in its performance. Gas mileage is not good but then knowing its dependable offsets the gas. Hopefully when i trade the same standards will be there,
    Visitor, Stoughton, MA, April 14, 2012 17:46
    I purchased my first F150 in 2012 It is a Lariat Trim,four full doors with Leather seats and all of the options available with the exception of Heated seats and sunroof. Everything works the engine is strong even though it has almost 200,000 miles. I like it so much I have added the original F series floor mats, a Tonneau Top, Bedliner, rear strip lighting and a Ford Hitch Brake light. Before the summer is over I will add the heated seats and a smart rearview mirror with GPS, rear camera, Blue Tooth and automataic dimming feature. Built Ford Tough Forever.
    Visitor, Columbia, NJ, March 31, 2012 06:56
    I have 100,000 miles now and have not done one thing to it. The ford is much more solid, less rust prone, and more reliable. The cloth interior is crappy however, i have tears all over the driver seat. I have the 5.4 liter which is a very reliable boat anchor that gets 14 miles to the gallon. I have owned lots of different brand trucks in my business and must say that all my fords, except my 6.0 liter have been dead reliable. I cannot say that for my freightliner, dodge,mitsu-fuso, and gmc. I have 3 f-150s, 1 f-250, 1 f-550(junk), and one f-700.
    Visitor, Loveland, OH, February 14, 2012 12:36
    I bought my F150 new in 1998. The truck get 15 to 17 MPG, the window sticker said 19 to 21. @ 50K I felt the trans slip. Took it to trans shop and they informed me that I must change the fluid every 30K and keep it a quart over full. I did as instructed and no trans problems at 200K. @ 100K the front end made squealling noise and started wearing tires. I had one ball joint fixed for $500 that helped for a few months then the noise came back. I found a web site that stated all the ball join, tire rods and wheel hubs ( bearings ) need replacing. It cost six hundred in parts and I did the work my self. The truck drove like new. All but one of the dash light are now burned out. The heater switch broke at about 110K. Ford wanted About $450 for the part. Every ford at the junk yard had them removed. I took the motor out and stuck a metal rod in the whole and adjust it manually. The doors have rust on the bottom inside edge and the rear chrome bumper is nearly rusted completely out from the inside. The windsheild wiper trans broke, I thought, however after taking it apart I found that Ford had left a set screw out. I just replaced it. The thing that worries me the most is my 4.6 liter V8 has fouled all 4 of the spark plugs, on the passenger side. The four plugs on the driver side look good. I change the plugs it took me six hours. Several of the knobs, mirror knob, windsheild wiper knob have broken off. The exhaust is still the original.
    Gary5579, Ona, WV, December 29, 2011 08:02
    Bought my 1997 Ford F150 XLT 4x4 (Regular cab) new, off the lot, have babied it, kept it waxed and clean inside and out. Body and interior look like new, BUT the entire underneath is rusted out, frame completely rusted in two above the spare tire. Had freeze plug blow out a couple of winters ago...engine had to be pulled to replace it, cost: $1200. It now has only 99,260 original miles on it. Control module is malfunctioning now; windshield wipers, power windows, dome light, and door ajar light all stopped working at once, fuses are all good. Need advice: Which module controls these things?? Dealer wants cost of module ($700) plus labor to replace and re-program module, which I am sure will run well over $1000. If anyone knows which module I need, where it is located on the truck, and if you have a model number to look for that would be fantastic, could you please contact me at Grrr036@aol.com . Thank You! Gary
  • 2003 Ford F-150
    Visitor, Waverly, TN, November 13, 2011 10:53
    Bought this truck new In 2003. Has Not given us One minutes trouble. I just replaced the tires last week. has 80.000 miles on it . Tires still have good tread, was just scared they may be dry rotted. May blow up the next time I drive it, but Has been a great truck all the way around and has the 4.6 v8 auto trans,
  • 1996 Ford F-150
    Visitor, Franklin, PA, October 03, 2011 18:10
    great truck bought it for 500 bucks and have been beating on it everytime i drive it its been great for hauling i have a wood flatbed on it and had ten rr ties on it, that old 300 V6 never lets me down
    flash5150, Sachse, TX, August 17, 2011 11:10
    My lariet has 297,000 miles i have had to replace the coils,brakes and rear seal overall it has been a great truck with routine matainence it keeps going and going and going
    Visitor, Catonsville, MD, July 04, 2011 14:56
    the rear end busted and it doesnt go when i hit the peld hard
  • 1996 Ford F-150
    Visitor, Methuen, MA, April 29, 2011 12:16
    looks like a different truck. it has 4 doors witch was not mandatory on the f150
    Visitor, Ridgefield, CT, April 23, 2011 07:38
    Six speed transmission doesn't know when to shift.Many reports on internet with the same problem.Ford tried to reflash the transmission controller but that didn,t work.Ford will not admit there's a problem,so my choice is live with it or lemon law.50,000 dollar F150 Platinum 2010
    Visitor, Grand Blanc, MI, March 13, 2011 09:52
    My F-150 XLT is a 1999 with a 4.6 liter V-8, 4x4. It has 190,000 miles on it. I have had only and electrical ploblem with the wipers and the odemeter light. It has been a great truck over the last 11 years and has very reliable.
    combst34, Evansville, WI, March 10, 2011 06:30
    This is a great, solid truck. I have the 5.8 liter engine and it has 136000 miles and still runs strong as an ox. This has a solid suspension and steering, and have been on numerous off-road ventures and havent had a problem with it yet. It has great heating and the coldest air around. The only problem is due to the vents running on a vaccum system, it breaks easily and all i have is the defrosters and the floor vents, but its more than enough because it heats up and cools off so fast.
    Visitor, Houston, TX, March 03, 2011 15:01
    I have had my 2001 Ford F-150 for 10 years and it has 231,000 miles on it. I've had a few problems with it, but I extremely happy with the service that it has given me. Soon I'll buy a 2012 Ford F-150. I wouldn't have anything else.
    Visitor, Orlando, FL, March 02, 2011 19:04
    its got 211,000,has some little problems,but not nothing major yet
    Visitor, Meadowview, VA, February 21, 2011 09:00
    I HAD TO REPLACE HEAD GASKETS INTAKE GASKETS 1,250 DOLLARS WIPER PROBLEMS NOW MODULE PROBLEMS GETS GOOD GAS MILLAGE 26 MPG OTHER THEN THIS I LIKE MY TRUCK
    Visitor, Sanders, AZ, February 16, 2011 22:45
    DAMN PIECE OF SH#*!! NOT WORTH $44,000.
    Visitor, Watertown, NY, February 16, 2011 13:29
    Fixing 4x4 right now for the first time
    Visitor, Houck, AZ, February 14, 2011 13:35
    1998 FORD F-150. 171,174,301,308 codes keep coming on I've replace spark plug, spark plug wire, coil, MAF, throttle postion, fuel filter, fuel injectors and the motor was rebuilt a month ago. But the codes keep coming on. Whats the problem?
    ford bronco XLT, Jefferson, NC, January 14, 2011 12:01
    all around great truck, very depenable, its a 88 model 4x4 w/189k on it the only issue i have is valve slap on the #7 or 8 cyl, or both for that matter, it so loud it sounds like a desile at idel but other then that its a awesome truck :) and a beast in the snow for it being a long wheelbase and a/t tires but those michilen have lasted me 6+years bought it used and they were on it
    justin19, Jackson, MS, January 04, 2011 20:08
    Love the truck I got 450k on mine but the brakes sucks
  • 2009 Ford F-150
    JimmyD, Baton Rouge, LA, December 10, 2010 20:35
    2010 F150 Super Cab 4.6 L 3V 93,000 miles. Best truck We have ever owned! Just changed Plugs 92,000 no problem.
  • 2008 Ford F-150
    12ride, Phoenix, AZ, December 10, 2010 20:33
    I BOUGHT MY F150 IN NOV.2008 GOT YEAR END CLOSEOUT DEAL GOOD DEAL I THOUGHT BUT DIDNT KNOW THE FINIANCE RATE IS NOGOTIABLE IF THE DEALER GOT HIGHER%RATE THEY GET THE EXTRA % BUT I LIKE MY F150 ONLY TROUBLE I HAD SO FOR IS THE ARM REST ON DRIVERS DOOR BROKE ALLREADY? BUT,RUNS GREAT DRIVES GREAT,&GET GOOD ON GAS ! BEFORE THIS I HAD A 1991 RANGER HAD ALMOST 300,000MI. ON IT N RUN GOOD WHEN I SOLD IT. SO,OVER ALL I WOULD BUY MY NEXT TRUCK A FORD ALSO
    bazzell, Parkersburg, WV, December 10, 2010 20:33
    I bought my F-150 4x4 V8 step side about six months ago with 38,000 miles got great deal on it. run great, lots of power. So far it been a great truck.
    The6.5L, Walled Lake, MI, December 10, 2010 20:32
    I absolutely hate this truck, first ford i have owned (all others being Chevrolets) and i have had nothing but bad luck and mechanical failure nightmares with this piece. This truck suspension is carp my two axel flat bed trailer with two quads squat it. The TRITON V8 5.4L is a JOKE, my Vortec V6 s-10 will drag this thing around. The Interior is the cheapest yet, i am a builder and most of my time is spent getting in and out of my vehicles and the trucks seat are hard and the cloth covering them are GARBAGE. I will NEVER i mean NEVER buy another F.ound O.n R.oad D.ead again.
    Visitor, Ontario, CA, December 10, 2010 20:31
    Excellent truck.With the tow upgrade it easily pulls my 32ft travel trailer.Backup camera and integrated brake controller.makes it all simple.No problems yet.
  • 1992 Ford F-150
    Visitor, Angleton, TX, December 10, 2010 20:11
    i have 1992 ford 150 5.0 with 300thousand miles and it still runs like a champ
    Visitor, Chana, IL, December 10, 2010 05:59
    I have a 1990 Ford F 1thrifty. I've always been a chevy driver, but this year I needed a beater to get to work. It's 2 wheel drive, the blower motor doesn't work along with the a/c. I have replaced a few small things... ignition lock cylinder, fuel pump relay, spark plugs, cap and wires. Now the truck is very nimble, don't get me wrong. She runs great now. This 4.9L 300ci inline 6 is a torquey SOB. I like it. It's also a five speed trans. but it's done well enough for me. it is 20 years old and still runnin strong with 124K miles. I do like my chevy's better though.
    MAC Harmon, Jacksonville, FL, December 10, 2010 05:58
    I bought this truck in 2001 from a dealer where the manager had been driving it for about 8K miles. So I got it at a used price even though it had to be sold as new since it had never been sold before. I have done regular maintenance and have never had a problem withthe truck, driven it across the country and from San Diego to San Antonio twice, cruised at approx 80 the whole way, it never "blinked". I drive it nearly every day, and have never had a better truck. Will keep it until the wheels fall off and then get another. Great truck!
  • 1992 Ford F-150
    chancey6, Redford, MI, November 16, 2010 18:37
    Love my ford Trucks. 1976-1994 are about my most adored. I now have a 1992 302 inline-6 (Best engine any motor company has ever built) Lil rusty from sitting up north in the snow and an old feller never drove it, but non the less it starts every time and drives every day without any trouble.
    Visitor, Indianapolis, IN, September 25, 2010 15:47
    Had to have engine replaced at 86,000 mi. due to 4.2 size eng being junk. Transmission problems at 100,000. Complete harness replacement at 70,000. I babied this truck from the day I bought it in 98....with not too much reward.
    Visitor, Springfield, MA, August 23, 2010 13:52
    By far the best car I've ever owned EXCEPT for the electrical system. I've been chasing that gremlin for years. Otherwise, I get better than 20 MPG highway, neither the engine or the transmission has ever given me a problem. The truck has over 150,000 miles on it and still purrs at idle and takes off like a scalded cat when I let her go. I intend to keep her until she rusts to pieces OR I die, which ever comes first. Damn electric just keeps me on my toes...............
    Visitor, Port Saint Lucie, FL, August 20, 2010 09:58
    I bought my 2001 F-150 6 years ago on ebay for $3500 with 98K miles and have driven it hard for the last five plus years now with 230K miles it has seen very little upkeep and still running strong... Love my truck if the wheels fall off today i will still say it was a great truck
    Visitor, Long Beach, CA, July 27, 2010 14:01
    Good looking, dependable, low maintenance, plenty of room and a smooth ride. Overall---Excellent vehicle.
    mickijay, Wilmington, NC, July 24, 2010 10:17
    Bought this Lariat new in 1997. Now, has 101000 miles. Only problem was the heat/ac. Had it fixed for $600. They had to take the whole front panel off. Otherwise, it's been really solid...I love it...I think one of the air bags has broken according to a light on the panel but otherwise...I can count on this baby.
    forkliftking, Madisonville, KY, July 13, 2010 16:49
    Cloth seats wear out fast. Very cheap material. Ford dealer said, Sorry jack, you bought it, it's yours.
    elk, High Rolls Mountain Park, NM, June 24, 2010 13:49
    I bought my 99 Ford F150-4.6L V8 new. Over all it still runs great. I had to replace the right side head gasket at 60,000 miles, after the Ford warranty ran out. I have only 87,000 miles on it. 4x4 still works great. Replaced front brakes on it at 80,000 miles. Air conditioner was not as cold as day one, so I had too recharge the system. Cost, $20.00, and feels like new again. Ford did replace the cruise control switch under a recall, something about Ford's catching fire under the hood. The windshield wipers come on even in the off position. I had to pull the fuse for the interior/exterior lights, it will not shut off on it's own. Truck started to stall out while coming to a stop. I had too have the I.A.C. cleaned out. The mechanic advised me too start using Sea Foam to keep these parts clean. My advise to all, take your vehicle to an independent mechanic and have them look it over before the warranty runs out. Then take it to the dealer and point out these flaws and have them fix it, like oil leaks and such.
    Visitor, Bensalem, PA, June 18, 2010 15:41
    Bought Brand New - at 20 years is starting to rust but every thing still works perfectly - ice cold a/c (people with new trucks think something is wrong with theirs after feeling how cold mine is), all powers (locks & windows), cruse control, dual tanks - all still works perfectly. Had to replace radio 10 years ago but one from a newer mustang fit right in & was pretty cheap too!
    Visitor, North Salem, IN, May 31, 2010 13:17
    2000 ford f-150 other than coils going out this has been one of the best trucks i have had and i use my trucks for hard work use but of couse id rather push my ford than drive a dodge or chevy not even foriegn trucks live in usa buy usa
    Visitor, Radcliff, KY, April 16, 2010 10:11
    have a 2000 f150w/234miles plus on it and still going strong. have only replaced tires,brakes battery nad starter. the trans was rebuilt at 228000+miles.
    ccorvette89gc, Ann Arbor, MI, March 26, 2010 12:24
    i have 248000 miles on my truck and the only thing i have replaced is the lower ball joint on the driver side this year. it has been a very good truck and always starts up. it is a 1997 four wheel f-150
    exfl, Clemson, SC, March 13, 2010 14:10
    135K miles over 10+ years and all I have ever replaced has been the alternator, power steering pump and a window actuator. (All of these after it hit 115K miles) Still looks good and drives great. Now I think I do need a new AC compressor or maybe just a clutch before summer rolls in. overall, the most reliable vehicle I have ever owned.
    Austinsford, Sparta, NC, March 12, 2010 10:43
    the only problem i have with mine is the transfer case
    VA Driver, Woodbridge, VA, March 04, 2010 06:31
    XLT Supercab model bought new. OEM tires, Hancook, were HORRIBLE! Had to replace them @ 5,000 miles! Dealership was great resolving that issue! Other than that - VERY pleased with truck. Had a Ranger Supercab before this purchase. My wife even loves driving this truck. It has the 5.4 liter and a 35? gal gas tank - only way to go. Get the spray in bed liner, Line-X - indestructible!
    rotten Robbie, Escanaba, MI, February 17, 2010 18:26
    F150 3 door, small 4.6 L v-8. Terrible gas milage. 12-14mpg, Gas tank completely rusted out, running boards completely rusted out, Frame rusted. Brakes, rotors replaced. Both exhaust manifolds rusted through. Replaced 4 wheel drive motor, Heater'air conditioner controls do not work correctly. cruise control does not work, So far, I have spent over two thou sand on repairs and no end in sight. Only 127,000 miles on truck. What can I say, and they talk about Toyota. Estimate to replace exhoust manifolds are running in the range of $800 to $2000
    Papa Smurf, Olmsted Falls, OH, February 16, 2010 09:53
    This truck has been overall the best truck I ever owned. I purchased it in early 2000 when it came off a 2 yr lease from a dealer with 32,000 miles. Up to 84,000 miles I had no significant issues other than standard maintenance. Then, one day coming home from work, the fan pulley assembly simply "Snapped" off the crank. I had to replace the engine with a Ford rebuild for $4,700.00 in late 2002. Although I made an effort to resolve the costs with Ford in Dearborn, MI, it was to no avail. Some mechanics who have looked at the photographs I took of the assembly said it looked like it could have been a bad casting, as the engine itself did not lock up. I have run Mobile 1 full synthetic in the new engine since install. The continuing issues with the vehicle are the check engine light. I have a diagnostic computer and have replaced the EGR, DPFE, and various hoses for vacuum as well as regular cleaning of the Mass Air fins. I still have to get at one set of lines for the DPFE which are buried up behind the engine. Maybe in the Spring. Other small issues are the slider pins for the front calipers, they have to be cleaned and thoroughly lubed every year. Repacking the front bearings should be done then too. The wiper transmission just gave up about 160,000 miles and I replaced it. The AC compressor hasn't worked from about 100,000 and I am not fixing it. All the instrumentation bulbs, except for the seat belt and check engine are burned out so I bought an LED cluster to illuminate the panel at night. I replaced the alternator at about 155,000, which isn't too bad for life on an alternator. It got a new starter and king pin at 110,000. Note that until last year I used to jack this truck up every spring and power wash the underside and spray it down with sealant and paint, so the body is still in pretty fair shape. Other than that
    ultrarider, Fargo, ND, February 08, 2010 09:31
    Best truck I have ever owned. 49,000 miles and only repair outside of regular maintenance has been replacing rear axle seals & turn front brake discs. It actually could have gone more miles on the disc's, but I'm pretty fussy bout brakes pulsating even a tiny bit.
    rdonovan, Vancouver, WA, February 03, 2010 07:08
    This has been a very comfortable and quiet vehicle. It does eat brakes & rotors fast but it is very heavy and well built so worth it over the long haul.
    sunnydaze711, Farmington, MI, January 08, 2010 20:32
    Amazing in the snow :D Looks good last forever easy to maintain
    69kugerxr7, Glendale, AZ, December 16, 2009 23:46
    Luv my '95 F-150, 5.0 2wd sb! Excellent all-purpose truck. Suspension like a tractor, but....all else is way good! Easy to work on. Good gas mileage, from extemely "peppy" 5.0 w/fact.k&n. Can't say enough about positives, for this truck! This is my muscle- car-in-truck disguise! FASTTTTTTTTT!
    BillGo, Mabank, TX, November 24, 2009 09:17
    Bought thi truck six years ago with 45k miles. Now have 108000. In 2006 it caught fire in the engine compartment while parked on a city street with the engine off, if not for a bypasser spotting smoke coming from under the hood, it would have burned to the ground. It cost my insurance co. 4600.00 for repairs. Ford offered nothing although they later had a recall for the same problem. The AC controls don't work properly and the heater core is leaking.
    standiford56racing, Felton, PA, November 20, 2009 18:05
    great truck i got 167k on mine still runnin stong... minor oil leak. the gas mileage sucks and hurts the wallet to fill up but after all the abuse my truck takes it never lets me down
    Bss, Mesa, AZ, November 09, 2009 22:18
    I have a 1997 F-150 3 door with the small v-8 I also have a 2007 F-150 Standard cab with v-6 The ride in the 97 is great all day without kidney damage. 2007= kidney damage and it the steering is very twitchy 97 v8 gets 16-17mpg 07 v6 gets 15-16 smaller rougher less power and less mileage. So why does american cars need a bail out? 10 years newer and not as comfortable or efficient as the 97 both trucks are pretty basic models automatic a/c crank windows that should still work at 200,000 miles 97 is at 180k and still riding fine. I still like the 07 but it is not as good as the one 10 yrs older :
    BARBALICIOUS, Castro Valley, CA, October 07, 2009 16:14
    I love this truck except it is now giving me problems. I have a heater core that needs replacing, it is the roughest ride ever and always feels like it is in need of a tire balance or something. It has a sweet interior with lots of power. Gas mileage sucks but what can I do? The man and the kids and I drove to Los Angeles (from SF area) and all fit comfortably. Sweet truck for landscaping. Get back to you on the other issues.
    Raypo, Irving, TX, July 20, 2009 13:54
    I love the new ford pickup... however it idles a little rough, the A/C doesnt blow cold all the time at idle, the brakes are noisy, the engine is sensitive to types of fuel(intake ping), and grey cloth interior very easy to stain.
  • 2003 Ford F-150
    CTB, Goshen, VA, April 20, 2009 14:26
    Nice truck
    billswanson, Henderson, KY, April 13, 2009 09:08
    i call this truck my rolling orgasm.ford gets it for sure.
    Dr. Phil, Avon, IN, April 11, 2009 07:43
    I bought this truck used and it's been great. I have a over the cab camper and use it mostly for camping and then yard work. Extremely dependable and a big engine.
    steve shinn, Salina, KS, April 10, 2009 17:48
    I bought the truck to pull our 21ft camper. And, yes it does a great job. I recently found out after the warranty expiried, there was a design fault in the brake rotors. They get hot and warp, causing braking hazard. Replacement cost $860.00! ouch
    hardchrome, Lanett, AL, February 07, 2009 09:38
    have owned my 1997 f-150 4x4 for about 7 years and have driven it daily, It now has 225000 miles. The heater/ac air handling has gone haywire 4 times . Reoccurring problems with the some door has been the main problem. Repairs are very expensive because the entire dash panel has be removed (8 hr repair at dealer) Ford blew it on this !!! Other wise i really love my truck
    zookeeper, Northville, MI, February 07, 2009 07:42
    I have owned this vehicle since new...my first truck....I love it....I follow the maintenance schedule and have had no problems. At 90,000 miles I just replaced the brakes for the second time, and am on my second set of tires. Fuel Economy was 15 MPG when new and is still 15 MPG. Vehicle has not been back to dealer except for scheduled maintenance. I love the looks of both the exterior and interior and everything still works after 8 years. Thank you Ford for building such an outstanding vehicle!
    txgreek, Houston, TX, December 15, 2008 11:24
    Actually own a 2008 KingRanch 4x4 and I freaking love this vehicle. I dumped off my 06' dodge 4x4 diesel Laramie which was the BIGGEST waste of money. The ford is awesome and very much satisfied with the built of this truck versus competitors.
    wutastud, Mesa, AZ, December 07, 2008 05:30
    Bought our F150 Roush edition in 1999 with 40k miles on it. All I have to say is I am so thankful I bought the extended warranty with it. At 42k the transmission went out at 50k the alternator was shot, went through 2 drive shafts and a rear end at 92k. The warranty expired at 94k miles and I havent had another problem with it since. The truck now has 170k miles and starts every morning. No leaks from the 4.6l motor and purs like a kitten. All of this after pulling a 34 ft travel trailer once a month for three years... Thanks Ford for the warranty!
    poodleman78, Duluth, MN, October 16, 2008 02:01
    I bought this truck w/ 105,000 miles on it. Now it has 117,000. Other than the head gaskets replaced by the dealer...and I only had to pay 50.00 on a 1900.00 job...i've had no major problems w/ it. I've pushed it to it's limits and it still holds on. Except now...if I drive the truck constantly (week after week) I go through a full pan of oil in about 700 miles. There is just a minor leak...but don't quite know where it's coming from yet. And the rest is probally being burned by the engine...but the converter is filtering 99% of it before it goes through the straight pipes.
    chooglas, Richmond, TX, August 27, 2008 18:25
    I like the feel and driveability of this vehicle. It is the first pickup I have ownwed and I have put 70K miles on it since it was new.