Ford F-150 Reviews

Ford F-150 Reviews and Owner Comments

After coming out of an Infiniti for the Ford F-150 I am miserable I never realized just how bad these trucks were. Serious electrical problems, squeaks really bad, cloth on seats stains really bad, always had issues under the hood.
This is my 1st Ford and my 1st used truck. I really like the truck. Its 25 years old and like everything else, things wear out. Im impressed how solid this little is truck. I have the 5.0L with the long base and I really like. The fact that I can work on it is great, now adays just about everything requires the need of a computer and Im a hands on type of guy. My problems seem to revolve around the fuel and tank assemblies. However, I look at this as challenge and enjoy finding and fixing stuff like this. I have no real complaints.
I owned my F-150 ever since June 2007. This truck has never gave me mechanical problems am at 240K miles do all oil changes and regular maintenance. It still runs flawless drives and handles excellent. Gets 23 mpg very comfortable not showing wear or tear yet. Did get some work repaired like needed an solenoid for tranny at 216K miles and engine needed an serpentine belt these issues after truck reached over 200,000 miles. All original CD player is weak but radio plays very well my truck still peppy when bought got serviced at dealer now since much older take to an small shop getting all service done like did at dealer. This is the best truck I have ever owned requires low maintenance did get spark plugs changed at 84,000 miles might get some more after I hit 300,000 miles because drive my truck daily. Wouldn't get rid of it no time soon as long takes care me than I take care of it being most dependable truck ever without causing me one single problem.
I am the sole owner of my 2006 F-150 Lariet crew cab truck. I am very impressed with the truck overall. How ever the dealership that I purchased my truck from needs help. 2 years ago I asked them to check on my electronic controls as it would noy get heat. They simply pushed the buttons on and off until it worked. Shortly after, I lost control of my seat,power pedal and mirrors. Now I read there is recall on the body control module ( it could short out and start a fire) , why weren't they aware of this and why wasn't I notified of the issue? I will bet it will be at 500.00 for them to look at and this is after it should have been fixed correct the first time ...
thinking about buying a 2002 FORD F-150 XLT with 219,000 on it... the truck looks new and is a one owner truck and is from kentucky with no rust.......... question is this truck worth 2,500 i world say yes myself knowing these trucks are work horses....... thanks for your alls input
Premature wearing of leather seats
I have the F150 with towing package. Still pulling my goosenecks and other trailers. My friends marvel at it's towing capacity (limited to 16' max loaded)and ride. Turn off the OD and the mileage suffers... but I'll be working this truck for another 10 years.
i traded my 2008 titan in on my 2013 F150 Platinum 2wd on 12/31/2012. First thing i noticed was a clunk in the drive train , right off the show room floor. this only occured as i left red lights. it was a driveshaft lubrication boot issue. fixed by dealer quickly under warranty. first i was told "they all do that". but i did not believe it. if yours does it. the dealer can fix it. after i year and a half of driving it. 22,000 miles. i have grown to like the truck. i lifted the front 2 inches to level it off so it has a more aggressive 4x4 stance. looks better. they stereo has gotten better. sony 700 watt system has to break in the speakers. it gets better as you own it. better bass response now. give it time. mileage....sucks. i get 14 mpg for life of truck. get a bed cover as soon as you can. i waited a year but now i am getting about 1.5-2 mpg better with bed cover. less drag i suppose. truck drives great. very comfortable and has everything you need in a vehicle. we take on long vacations. wifi. 110 outlets. bluethooth. navigation. you name it...its got it and it all works great.
MY 95 EDDIE BAUER IS MY SECOND TRUCK IVE EVER OWNED. I BOUGHT IT WITH 40,000 IN 99. I NOW HAVE 226,000. MY LITTLE GIRL IS 9 AND SHE WILL GET IT WHEN SHE LEARNS THE DRIVING CURVE,BUT NOT UNTIL THEN....ABSOLUTLY LOVE MY TRUCK. TERRY TUCK SR. GEORGIA
Recently, in December of 2013, my spark plug blew out of the number three cylinder. I had a mechanic use a thread chaser to sharpen the threads, re-install the plug, and a new coil. The plug blew out again last week. This time he is goint to re-bore and re-thread the hole and put an insert in it. I will pick it up tomorrow after allowing the high temp.thread sealer to cure. This is a common problem with the Triton engines. Why hasn't Ford been made to fix the problem by installing a new head? Peter G. Derry, NH
Bought my 1999 f-150 4x4 12 years ago with 50, 000 miles now it has 345, 000 , love this truck great truck . Had the transmission go out about 9 months ago.
I still have my 1998 F-150 that I bought brand new in July of that year. It's a 4x4 cab and a half with tow package and a 5.4 L motor. I have been very lucky with this truck. I change the oil myself every 3k to 5k miles using Valvoline oil. This truck has 242,000 miles on it. The only repairs have been the steering wheel shaft that connects to the gearbox because for some reason the steering developed a lot of play in it. I had the ball joints replaced at about 170,000 miles, the alternator at about 190,000 miles, a rebuilt a/c compressor at 210,000 miles,a new gas tank with bands that made the tank leak and a new muffler at 220,000 miles. This truck has the original heater hoses and water pump which amazes me. The cooling system was flushed once at about 160k miles along with the transmission fluid being changed. This truck has more than paid for itself. Either I am really lucky or am enjoying the benefits of treating my truck with respect and care over the years. This truck has never left me stranded. You know what they say, If you take care of it, it will take care of you.
I bought my 5.4 in 2002 or 2003 with 48,000 miles on it. It has 212,000 miles on it now. It has been a great truck, original motor and transmission. Have had alternators, starters, radiator and right rear axle replaced and the notorious odometer light comes on and off but besides that it has really done well
Bought a 2011 f150 stx with a 3.7 the engine is small but its been good and dependable sofar at 35, 0000. Tows my 6, 000lb boat to and from ramp no problem. As a mechanic myself the 3.7 is easy to repair lots of room to remove a/c compressor, alternator, water pump or front cover if needed. Only complaint Is no cup holders on arm rest, but its not the end of the world
Truck is great I could not ask for more the only thing wrong with it are the rear doors release cables that got damaged. no rust all factory with 245,000 miles and counting.
Nice truck except for one thing. It's rusting out all over the place. The bottom of the truck is a mess. Had to replace the bed and numerous parts of the suspension due to rust. Now the radiator bracket is rusted out.....that's another $1200. The truck only has 100K on it but to a point now that it may not be worh the repairs. The truck has never been near salt water and most of the rads around here don't use salt. Would look at all other trucks before I would buy another one of these.
I LOVE MY 2002 HARLEY-DAVIDSON CREW SUPERCHARGED F-150 TRUCK. IT RUNS AND DRIVES VERY WELL. ITS VERY VERY FAST. MY SECOND BRAKE DO NOT WORK ANYMORE, SO I AM USING THE FIRST SET OF BRAKES. IT STOPS OK. IT HAS 160,000 MILES ON NOW. I BOUGHT IT LAST YEAR FOR UNDER 10,000. MINE HAS ALL BLACK INTERIOR WITH BLACK PAINT. MY HEATED SEATS SEAMS LIKE THEY ARE TOO HOT OR MAYBE THATS NORMAL SETTINGS FOR IT. I AM HAVEING SOME OTHER ISSURES WITH IT. IT IS MAKING WINDING NOISE. I THINK IT MIGHT BE THE POWER STEERING GOING OUT ON IT. THE ENGINE CHECK LIGHT COMES ON SOMETIMES. MY OTHER X 2002 F150 FX4 HAS THAT SAME PROBLEM WHEN I HAD IT LAST YEAR. OTHER THAN THAT, I LOVE MY HARLEY. I AM GLAD THE FORD DEALER IS OFFERING DISCOUNTS ON THERE NEW PARTS.
I have a 2WD 2000 F-150 Work version with the V-6 engine and a 5 speed manual. Mechanically it's a sound machine but the body is one very serious POS. The emissions canister has literally fallen off the truck due to bracket corrosion. The large sheet metal Radiator mounting member that goes from one fender to the other and then down to the frame thereby forming the mounting position for the front of the truck to the frame is missing the entire lower half. Yes, that's right, the forward end of the front fenders actually float above the bumper as they are no longer attached to the truck. The radiator itself is strung up with Romex wire as all the mounting positions rotted away long ago. The only thing keeping the radiator from impacting the fan are the hoses. Cab corners and rear end of the bed? Don't get me started. This truck has very low mileage for the year (104K) but it still books for a paltry $2500. Given the miserable state of the sheet metal on this pig I'd be ashamed to take that much money from someone. Ford? Never again. You Ford diehards need to think again.
we have had this truck for 5 years, bought it used and have done nothing to it except brake pads and oil changes it has 119,600 miles on it and runs great, it pulls our boat very well also.!! We previously owned a 2002 Ford F150 that had over 200.000 miles and we didn't have a problem!! We swear by Ford Truclks
-Rear spring shackles are made of inferior metal and flake off like biscuits, never had this problem with any vehicles. -Transmission constantly needs flushing, this is an inherent problem. -Front coil spring housing is also made of inferior metal and flakes off like a hot buttered biscuit,without any provocation!! -I have a F150 XLT with two tanks. I have replaced both tanks at a DIY cost of five hundred dollars in fourteen years. The dealers cost of a fuel tank is $500.00 each. The tank should be made of plastic. -Anyone who has a tow package must be forewarned that the package needs to be removed in order to replace the rear tank. -The anchors are made of plastic and after several years they harden and break off and the dash begins to rattle.
I have a 2007 f 150 and am not at all pleasesed with the fact that it is a 4 x 4 truck and when put into 4 x 4 drive it does not ingage. This repair will likly cost about 500.00 to fix so that I can drive my truck in 4 x 4. Not what I had Planned when paying all of those payments. Way to go Ford another find product.
I bot new in Sep 2003. Just sold with 141,000,mostly trouble free miles. 5.4, XLT, Super Cab, 4x4. MPG: 9-11 city, 14-15 highway. Had cab high cap entire time, installed cat back duals in 2005. Greatest truck I've ever owned or driven. Can't say enough about it.
Bought it with 3 miles on it. So far great truck. STX 4X4 short wheel base, 2 dr with the 5.0L, 3.55 axle ratio. 3k miles on it so far. Gas mileage is about 14 city and 18 highway. Plenty,(maybe too much) power for this light truck! Asphalt roads are great however, dirt roads and this thing can get away from you. Love the truck. Looks great, performs better than expected an turns heads! Impressive exhaust (rumble) sound when stepping on the gas with the stock exhaust system. Love this truck! I do however, have minor issues with the shift points of the auto trans in the 4WD low range.. I'm working with the dealership to fix this problem...
I purchased my 2007 Ford F150 new and enjoyed its purchase until the past couple of years. It now has 89,000 miles on it and it is not used as a work truck but merely transportation. This past year it has proven to be a lemon by all standards and the costly repairs just keep coming. In the past three months I have spent over $2500 and am looking at another $1500 - $1800 today if I follow the Ford recommendations. At this time I cannot do the scheduled maintenance due to the constant part replacements from Ford, so I am searching for other alternatives and vendors. Was a proud Ford owner for years but will probably move to Chevrolet or maybe even foreign makes due to this horrific experience. What happened to quality, even the logos look like crap now.
I have a 1998 f-150. 120,000 miles on it. I have replaced fuel tank and straps, alt, belts, both front & rear wheel bearing, exhaust from cat back, both headers,brakes all the way around. The body is disappearing fast the rocker panels are the worst and the panels behind the rear wheels. all the suspension in the front has been replaced (upper and lower control arms,tie rod ends,bushings. both rear spring shackles and spring hangers have been replaced due to rust. the trans sometimes slips on a cold start up. The engine runs great and has been a fairly reliable truck. I guess the biggest down fall of the f-150 is the way is rusts so fast.
I purchased my 2007 Ford F150 in December 2007. Within the first 3 months I had my radio go bad twice and have to be replaced, then my sirius antenna wnet bad and had to be replaced. By the time the radio was working my Sirius trial was finished. I fought with Ford to extend it which they eventually did. I also purchased my F150 with a spray in bedliner. For starters, the people who did the bed liner knicked the paint on my truck on the top conor near the bed. Again I had to fight with Ford to even get touchup paint. We are now less than 5 years since I purchased the truck and the bed liner has been rubbed off in or real thin in alot of areas. Keep in mind this truck is not used as a work vehicle. In the pasrt 3 months (again less than 5 year old truck) I have had my throttle control sensor and now my ERG sensor go bad, resulting in over $1,000 worth of repairs. I have been a life long Ford Owner, my last truck was a 2004 F1-50 that I drove to 245,000 miles with no real issues, but will never purchase a Ford vehicle again after the type of service and poor quality of their products.
Tough truck. Never had problem with power or anything. Looks good and drives great. Mine is a lariat sc 4x4 with 5.4 motor.
my truck is mostly under warranty by auto zone as ive replaced more on this vehicle then all other vehicles ive owned combined.170,000 miles and i can barely keep up with the repairs.im going back to chevy or maybe even toyota.
Excellent truck! one of the best looking years. 95-96. Mine is a 96 with a 5.0 2wd. 271,000 miles and runs beautiful. Could not have asked for a better truck..
Great vehicle, has only 180k on it, and still extremely strong. Feels like this engine is ready to go another 200k. Brakes and suspension are extremely reliable, avoiding 2 major accidents due to the quick reation of the vehicle and the ABS system. Only had one small fender bender (to my truck at least), and we see what vehicle has driven off from it. 3600 to fix theirs and 300 for mine, what a deal.