Reviews for Ford Escort years:

Ford Escort Reviews and Owner Comments

Ford EscortOwner Reviews (59 reviews)
    Visitor, Boqueron, PR, August 14, 2013 06:51
    ES UN AUTO SUPER ESTABLE, DESEARÍA SABER SI EL USO DE COMBUSTIBLE CON ETANOL NO LE AFECTARÍA O SÍ.
    Visitor, Milwaukee, WI, September 20, 2012 21:27
    I bought my Ford escort back in 2004, when it was only two years old and had only 23,000 miles. I currently have 141,000 miles. No major hang ups. I put on a considerable amount of miles due to my work's location along with other things. I do have one major hang up that I find troubling with the car, and that is the thermostat. The original lasted around 90,000 miles. Since then I have had not one but three replacements from good places! I idle the car more when it's cold, but eventually the thermostat becomes useless. I never had a problem like this with any of my other cars. The reason why I kept getting it fixed is because the rest of the car has been doing great! The engine runs like its new! It gets decent gas mileage. I really like it over all. Other than the thermostat, I have never had a car which performed so well!
    Visitor, Anaheim, CA, July 01, 2012 04:09
    I got my 1995 Ford Escort GT back in 2001 with about 75,000 miles on it. It now has about 235,000 miles on it and it's running strong. I definitely believe this is one of the most reliable cars on the road. If you can get your hands on a GT model of the Escort go for it because the 1.8L engine that's in this car is the most reliable one out there. I love my GT!!!
  • 1990 Ford Escort
    Visitor, Russellville, KY, June 17, 2012 18:11
    This is really an '88 Ford Escort Pony not a '90, but the drop down list only went back to '90. This has been a great car. My brother bought it new in '88 drove it until it had 146K miles and decided to sell it and buy a new Escort. I bought it from my brother in '93 with 146K miles and today (06/17/12) it's got over 518,700 miles and still running on the original engine/transmission (never been rebuilt). This one outlasted the new Escort my brother bought by several years. This car sold me on Escorts, I now own 5 of them, an '88 Escort Pony 2dr hatchback,88 Escort GL 4dr hatchback, '94 Escort LX 4dr sedan, '97 Escort LX station wagon, and '02 Escort SE 4dr sedan. Total mileage on all my Escorts is about 950K miles with the '97 station wagon only having 32K miles.
    Visitor, Clay Center, KS, June 09, 2012 20:04
    My 98 Escort was my first and only new car purchase.I have had the clutch replaced,and when they did that they found the rear main seal was leaky,the oil sending unit had a drip,and a couple of soft plugs had to be replaced also.I also had the altenator replaced.the timing belt has also been replaced and car runs ass good as new again.It now has 207 tousand miles on it and still averages 35 mpg. The ac works like new and has never had to be charged up.All other things have just been generral maitanace things.The paint is a bit rough but has sat outside alot.All my other cars died befor they even got near 100 thousand,all were american made cars.Thank you Ford for making such a dependable car, I hope to see 300 thousand miles befor I pick out a new model of Ford to purchase. But I will keep the Escort unless it is wrecked for centimental reasons.
    Visitor, Coldwater, MS, May 25, 2012 11:50
    I have a 2002 Escort with 211,000 miles. I bought this car used 6-7 years ago with around 60,000 miles on it. I have only had to do maintainance like battery, brakes/rotors, belts, alternator etc. I do all this myself so it's been a very low cost car to maintain. Recently the A/C has developed a leak somewhere, so if anyone has had this problem, I would love some advice. I absolutely LOVE this car!!
    Visitor, Clinton, IL, April 23, 2012 18:33
    My Grandma bought a 95 Escort LX Sport Appearance Package Model in '99 with 32,287 miles. She drove it back and forth to Decatur, IL until '03 5 days a week. It never broke down on her. I started driving it in 2010 with 129,400 miles on my learner's permit. As of today that Escort has 145,356 miles and has never broke down on me. I replaced the battery (that had been in there since 2002) and replaced four Delta Majestic tires (from '04) with Finalist Tires. I love the car and will continue to drive it until the body rots out. I love the car and it is the most reliable vehicle I have ever experienced. I love the Escort and hope it never dies.
    Visitor, Lincolnton, NC, February 25, 2012 20:23
    I just bought a 2000 Ford escort for my daughter. I have had problems after problems with this thing. 1. engine mount broke 2. new tires 3. then noises from every direction 4. clutch manifold went out 2 tims within 2 weeks 5. would ramdomly die. 6. Now the car shut off when I tried to jump it off sparks went everywhere but the car will not even turn over. There is power in the battery. When the key is in and you turn it to start it will barely turn. The car is copletely dead and I mean nothing at all comes on. can some one please help!
    Visitor, Canyon City, OR, January 02, 2012 19:38
    Great car! I love this car.
  • 1994 Ford Escort
    Visitor, Longview, WA, December 20, 2011 16:18
    Can anyone help? Car has lost the ability to accelerate. It is hard to get it to 35mph. Could it be the clutch slipping?
    Visitor, Toledo, OH, November 30, 2011 10:15
    1093 Ford Escort Wagon Have replace the clutch 4 times. Struts 4 times. A/C quit working 2 yrs ago. 2 heater cores. 6 windshield moters. 2 radiators. Got it from my dad 98 with 27k. Has 130k. The frame has rotted away. It gets 37 mpg on the highway. Looking for a US built car. Either a Chevy or a Ford.
    Visitor, Costa Mesa, CA, November 07, 2011 11:52
    I love my Ford Escort, 2002... 120,000+, runs great! I will definitely want another when the time comes!
    Visitor, Gaylordsville, CT, October 14, 2011 17:05
    this is my 3rd 91-95 best cars ever. i do all my own work, parts are cheap
    Visitor, Casey, IL, July 24, 2011 21:17
    i bought a 1993 escort new in 93.We have 323000 miles on it. Have changed regular maintenance stuff. It is a five speed and on the highway gets around 40 mpg. My son tried to trade it in for cash for clunkers and the dealer wont take it because of good gas mileage. Just bought a 1999 escort hope we have as good luck.
    Visitor, Castalia, OH, July 08, 2011 13:50
    My Mom bought me the 1999 SE for my first car earlier this year. She had over 555,000 miles and now from me driving her she's got 556,155 miles and she still runs fantastic! No noises, doesn't break down on me,I just keep up with regular maintenance and I honestly couldn't have asked for a better car. Very reliable
    Addaboy, Olivehurst, CA, May 20, 2011 19:45
    my car is a good car but i want more power and a lil better mpg. i have the dohc 2.0 and for some reason when siteing for a few or driveing in hot weather if the a/c or heater is not on it starts to over heat and i dont know why but it the winter it will read cold... Iv changed the theremostat a few times its not that and its not my water pump what can it be... also when stoping my car makes a clicking noise that sounds like it comes from the front passenger side could it be worped rotor throughing things off making it click? and what can i do thats cheap to get a lil more power and better mpg...
    FAX68, Natick, MA, May 07, 2011 15:48
    The 2001 Ford ZX2's engine is reliable and fast. Interior is fine just need to updated with your own style. Suspension and steering is tight yearly maintenance of tie rods and alignment is a must. Brakes is tight and can be upgraded to high performance for more stopping power.
    Visitor, Warwick, RI, April 13, 2011 06:31
    My 2002 Ford Escort has 120,000 miles on it and still has the original exhaust. Runs well except for the engine noise which seems to be a common problems. When I'm ready to trade it in I would definitely buy another Ford (Focus)
    Visitor, Caldwell, ID, April 11, 2011 09:20
    We bought our 1995 Ford Escort in 1996 (new) and it still runs great. It has over 291,000 miles on it. My husband did regular maintenance on it and we have all used it as a commuter car. It still gets close to 35 MPG.
    ggodden52, Apple Valley, CA, April 05, 2011 09:48
    I got my car in 2007 with 108,000 miles for $500 dollars - it had a blown head gasket. It now has 155,000 miles and I have had no major problems. Modifications: Magnaflow muffler from Howard's Muffler in Victorville for better mileage; Performance chip from SLR motorsport to increase MPG and gain horsepower; K&N Air Filter; tinted windows from the Tint Factory in Redlands; added a Pioneer DEH-900 with 4 Polk speakers; tires are Hankook 727 (the only tire brand I buy). This car has never let me down. I change all fluids as recommended and this car averages 33 mpg a great improvement from the 26 mpg when I purchased it. Overall: I would recommend this car.
    Visitor, College Park, MD, March 08, 2011 14:58
    I bought my 1997 ford escort in 2009.12000k on it. It gave me lots of problems. please don't by this car.
    Visitor, Sodus, NY, March 04, 2011 16:29
    I've had my 1997 escort for 3 years now it was given to me as a present and as a first i couldn't have had a better car, only dislikes are the electronics are wonky in the cold and it takes a little time to start in the cold.
    Visitor, Carteret, NJ, January 30, 2011 10:26
    I bought this car in 2003 and now eight years later have yet to have a problem. I've only done routine maintenance on it and it has performed very well. It is a reliable car which is more than I can say for all of the GM cars I have owned over the years. I'm at 112K miles and its still going strong.
    Visitor, Independence, MO, January 28, 2011 20:28
    1997 Ford Escort - I got this for my first car in 06 and love it. It doesn't give me any trouble. Very reliable. I will be driving 2 hours away for school this Fall and I'm not worried about it at all. It's serviced at Metro Ford regularly which also gives me confidence for this fall. I think my 97 actually drives much better than my dad's 05 Focus. But I'm not big on newer cars. I plan on keeping this car until I'm done with my Bachelors degree or maybe Masters... who knows. I really do love it!
    Visitor, Chicago, IL, January 28, 2011 12:49
    Have owned this 1995 for 10 years. 1.9L automatic in showroom condition. It is still going strong with 165,000 city miles. Neighbor has a 1996. The only reason you don't see more of them on the road is probably due to the fact most people who purchase and economy car are not inclined to take good care of it. Good care defined as regular fluid changes (oil, trans, brake, power steering) and other preventative maintenace. The only design flaw I am aware of is under-sized tire rods, which typically have to be replaced every 40 to 50,000 miles. They can also develop idle issues as they age, but compared to MAJOR problems of other vehicles I have researched these escorts are a blessing to own. The exhaust on this 165,000 mile is original and the AC has never been serviced. The paint job has less orange peel than most newer cars I have compared it to. The transmission performs flawlessly, despite the fact some guy at a tranny shop told me it would probably need rebuilt around 100K. Every time I change the oil I also remove two quarts from the tranny fill tube - using a plunger - and put the exact same about back. I am tempted to purchase another 1995 or 1996 escort even though I don't need one, just in case someone rear ends me.
    Visitor, Crystal River, FL, January 16, 2011 12:59
    i have had mine since 2000. No problems. Excellent car and condition. Love it. This is 2011.
    irishman, Medway, OH, January 13, 2011 09:43
    Not really a ford person but the 95 escort has to be the best car on the road.. I have 2 good on gas great power. Great Car!
    Jamesjjr91, Garland, TX, December 13, 2010 12:08
    Parents bought this Escort LX for like under $1,000 with 26k miles on it. I bought it from them with like 99k miles on it after I blew the head on it. I've had it and ran it hard for 29k miles and the most Ive had to do to it is change the oil, change the front brakes (caliper locked up), belts, hoses, radiator (cause I put a drill bit in it by accident and was getting ready to move to Florida and didn't have means or tools to change it.) Fuel pump (wrong diagnostic it was really a bad Mass Air Flow sensor) and the M.A.F. I do run full synthetic oil in it because the lifters rattle a bit. But the synthetic quiets them down. But overall I love this car. It will rot in my front yard before I sell it. I'm looking at modding it and fixing the crash damage from my first wreck even though it will cost way more than what I could sell it for. The 1.9 engines last forever if you take care of them. Last time my dad has oil pan off to re-seal it the factory swirl marks were still on inside cylinder walls of all 4 cylinders.
    Cowboy1ab, Hanover Park, IL, December 08, 2010 13:40
    Car has a very rough idle that nobody seems to be able to fix.
    mrsmoore, Yulee, FL, December 04, 2010 23:40
    Bought the 2000 Ford Escort second hand for daughter. It has been a great running car for her with minor maintenance. She got it for her 17th birthday and just turned 24, so she has gotten the money we invested in it. My son liked hers so much that when it was time for his, we got him a 2000 Escort ZX, of course, the boys want those 'need for speed'. Now he has been in 3 accidents where he has gone up under pickup trucks. He finally learned his lesson but he has never done any mechanical work but he decided his last accident he would do his own repair because his father refused to. The car is very friendly for the novice to learn on. He had to do some body work and replaced the radiator and front end. Still a work in progress but engine wise it has been a great running vehicle. I have to say this is ONE model of Ford that have felt it was worth the money.
    jpizzle90, Monroe, MI, October 24, 2010 13:12
    I've had this car for three years now going on four. I haven't had to much work besides routine maintenance, but now i have to spend $700 on rack and pinion, power steering pulley & pump, serpentine belt, & tie rod ends. 121,699miles
    dmddavis, Steubenville, OH, September 10, 2010 07:49
    I've had my 1993 Escort for 15 of its 17 years. It is just shy of 100,000 miles (I've been unemployed). It's been a very reliable car. It has no rust, although I do keep it in the garage. The engine purrs, although I've had the head gasket replaced twice (the second time was done correctly). About a year or so ago it began to have a rough idle that I finally found a mechanic who knew what it was (the exhaust manifold gasket needed replaced--vacuum leak). I also found out that the thermostat must be from Ford, not generic, or else the temperature will not allow the fan to work properly if at all. This causes the engine to overheat in the summer and not warm up in the winter. One complaint I do have is the automatic seat belts won't go forward most of the time. It does retract towards me, so it's still safe but annoying.
    Visitor, Canton, GA, September 10, 2010 06:24
    The car now has 218,000 miles on it, has never had an issue other than the alternator going out. Good little car still gets on avg 28mpg and with a newer stereo I can now listen to an mp3 player.
    Visitor, Calais, ME, August 13, 2010 10:41
    I purchased a 1996 ford escort in october of 2008. I love it. I had previously owned chevy's which had only lasted me a couple of months each. I purchased my Escort for $550 and it only has 176000 KMs (109 000 miles) on it. I have done simple repairs to it suck as brake padsm routers, calibers, a couple of struts and a windshield. The most costly repair was the altenador twice. But I havent really done any other work then usualy wear and tear jobs. I am currently about to change my thermostat. But other then simple jobs, the car is great. It runs great and it runs smooth. My boyfriend recently purchased me a 2001 cavalier. I told him to keep it for himself because I am going to drive the Escort until it wont drive no more! I am actually from New Brunswick, Canada but it wont let me put that.
    Visitor, Lake Mary, FL, August 11, 2010 17:05
    how do I fix my fan
    Visitor, Lakeside, CA, July 24, 2010 22:49
    I bought my 1996 ford escort back in 2005. I just Love My Car!! It's now 14 years old and I'm thinking it will be needing major tune up soon. In the 5 years I have owned this car The only thing I have done is the basic oil change at Walmart every 3-4 months. I just recently replaced the battery and now my check engine light comes on. I love this car but I don't want to have to start dumping money into it because after that...it's still a 96 ford escort. I wish they still made this model . I'm looking for a new car now,but I've been spoiled with the simplicity of my Escort! Bring it back Ford!!!
  • 1992 Ford Escort
    Visitor, Berlin, NJ, July 11, 2010 08:56
    I've had my escort for 18 years. I've replaced only basic parts such as belts hoses spark plugs etc. I've had the clutch replaced at 110,000 miles. It now has 143,000 miles on it. The car has been a great car handles well in ths snow and is fun to drive.
    Visitor, Augusta, GA, July 05, 2010 09:36
    in the spring of 2006 ,I bought a 1993 murcury tracer/ escort station wagon for 300$ at an auction.I really did not do any thing to the car but drove it home for three years,it was going to be a project car. well today i drive her every other week to work and play.I replaced heater core,all belts and hoses,wirers,plugs,brakes,timing belt,water pump,valve cover gasket,rebuilt trans,4 new tires ,murcury hub capps and aircondition recharged.The station wagon had 96,000 miles when i bought it and was in pretty fair condition.I enjoyed restoring the wagon ,the parts were cheap and i just fixed it a little at a time. she drive like a dream with cold air and a new cd player. I have a mountain bike that fits just fine in the back with the rear seat folded. I am going to keep this red wagon for a long time
    Visitor, Tooele, UT, June 27, 2010 10:33
    I bought my 2000 Ford Escort used back in 2003. I have had some problems with it but nothing major. I had to have my tire rods replaced last year and my E.G.R valve this month. It has been a good little car and I get great gas.
    Visitor, Swansea, SC, May 18, 2010 12:50
    My family has owned escorts for years and have always loved them, but when Ford decided to do the DOHC ZX2s, they destroyed the escort image. I purchased my 2001 Ford ZX2 in August 2001. Within days of buying my vehicle I started having problems. There was a hesitation in the transmission. The dealer mechanics were unable to reproduce the problem and basically insinuated it was because I am a woman driver. I drove it with the slight hesitation in the transmission for 2 years before the transmission finally went completely out. Of course by this time my warranty had expired. The car sat for over a year before I could afford to replace the transmission. Two days after getting my car back from replacing the transmission, the timing belt stripped out....which wasn't something I wanted to deal with after paying out all the money for the transmission repair. Not long after that the air conditioner quit working along with my driver side window. I had to have the car completely rewired and have the computer replaced. The car really has been one problem after another. It's now been sitting in my front yard for years since every time it gets taken out something else goes wrong with it.
    Gasassassyn322, Menifee, CA, May 11, 2010 17:45
    i have a 1991 ford escort. i love this car but it has been a pain my timing belt keeps breaking every two years. other than that though it is pretty cool, when i got it the car was kinda lame. I replaced the plug wires which were brittle cuz they were the original. Replaced the spark plugs, thermostat, fuel filter, and the water pump and timing belt 3X. but i have to say when it is working my car is sweet, quick, has great handling, and good gas mileage. i currently put royal purple oil and Zmax oil and fuel additive which made it ten times better. Soon it will be time for a new car but for now, like i said its a good car to have.
    Visitor, Richmond, MO, April 26, 2010 03:24
    I have had a 2001 Escort for about three years now. I am a faithful chevy owner in most cases, but this car was bought for me. It has been a great little car, but I have had problems since it hit 130,000 miles. The alternator went out, Serpentine belt stretched, had to replace ac regulator, and a coil pack yesterday. But i will say, I have only spent about $900 on repairs and it has been a good little car. I could not believe how well it handles on snow and ice. My husband drives an 04 Cavalier, and his was impossible last winter, while mine just got around like a champ.
    Visitor, Galax, VA, April 19, 2010 09:09
    1998 escort with 2000 engine. Best car I have ever owned. 165,000 miles and only spent about $300.00 on it outwside of normal maintenance. I have a Caldillac that rides better and quieter but has not been as good a car. I hgave owned Cadillacs since 1988. The Escort is my run about car but often take it on trips. Drives and rides good. 36 MPG.
    Visitor, Swisher, IA, April 07, 2010 18:55
    Bought this '95 Escort new in '96 with 36 total miles on it! Parts are reasonable we have replaced the motor once, the Trans once. Later it sat for about 2 1/2 yrs because hubby didn't have time to figure out what was wrong with it. It was electrical, replaced computer a few other electrical items, fuel pump and then the head cracked so replaced that too. That cost was less than $900. Yearly registration is $35.50, ins is next to nothing something like $100 or less and fuel runs about $50 a month! Still gets 30+ mpg!
    Liz K., Westchester, IL, February 17, 2010 19:07
    I bought my Ford Escort ZX@ brand new back in 2000 and had my first problem with it at only two days old when it died. The rear struts had to be replaced at 3 months old, and the drivers' side window got stuck down at less than a year old. Since then, I have had seven different motors installed in the drivers' side door, six of which came before my car was 3 years old. I went to the head of the dealership I bought the car from and asked about the lemon law. He said, "Sue me," so I called Ford corporate who wouldn't help me. I was in college, so I couldn't afford to sue over the lemon law, so I had to keep driving my car. After the third motor was installed in my door, I picked up my car and headed to my friend's house. While I was on the highway, my door started to come off the hinges, so I had to go back to the dealership, which had my car for another few days while they put the door back on, fixed the hinges, and repaired the motor again. I've had countless problems ever since which included broken timing and serpetine belts. Most recently, my horn went on and stayed on while I was driving. I pulled over, shut the car off, and the horn kept blaring. It dies after about 10 minutes, along with my car alarm. I wouldn't recommend this car to anyone. It'sbeen problems ever since I drove it off the lot, and Ford (the dealership and corporate) was no help to me. Btw, the only good thing about my car has been its heating system. The car heats up quickly in the winter, which has been nice.
    Revman50, Royal Oak, MI, January 28, 2010 04:35
    I have had three Escorts (1988, 1997 & 1998) all delivered great fuel economy and all started faithfully no matter what the weather. For the money, this little car gives great value. I have driven virtually every competitor, both foreign and domestic and found that the Escort holds up very well in comparison. Honda's double wishbone suspension and overall engine technology are better, Toyota's overall quality ratings are better but they cost more; especially in the used market. So, for what you get for what you pay, buy an Escort.
    paul013, Memphis, TN, November 07, 2009 15:33
    I just bought my 1996 escort LX wagon with 175,900 miles for $200. I have to say it has been much better than I expected for a $200 car. All I have done to it is change brakes (master cylinder, 1 caliper, 2 rotors,pads and shoes all around.) new tires, all fluids changed, new air, fuel, and oil filters, and now the car runs like a top. $200 for the car $500 for the tires and parts and fluids I've spent $700 total...Not bad at all:-)
  • 1992 Ford Escort
    minimoon192000, Southbury, CT, October 09, 2009 12:17
    I got my 1992 Ford Escort GT 4 months ago. It currently has 325,000+ miles. It sat for two years before I got it on the road and now I am having a few problems with it. The electrical seat belts no longer work (not a problem with the fuses), the interior fan does not operate on 4, but will occasionally turn on, part of my instrument panel does not light up unless i smack the dash, my shift lights don't work, and there is a rattle in the motor. The trani shifts hard and there are many leaks consisting of oil and coolant... from multiple places. Despite all of this.. I love my escort. Had a 94' escort wagon before this that got to 217,000. I'm hoping to see 400,000 with this one. ^_^
    dawn45638, Madisonville, KY, September 01, 2009 08:40
    not a bad car, but lately having alot of problems with it, the car when i start it seem sok, but when i give it gas, it wants to die, so i just let it die, and then when i restart it, it runs fine like nothing was ever wrong with it..
  • 1994 Ford Escort
    RJR, Washington, DC, August 10, 2009 08:37
    Got from Mom, 35,000 Mi.,Now has80,000.Had to leave outside All bad weather.body needs a paint job.But run great.
    roxy brown, Philadelphia, PA, April 28, 2009 05:22
    i bought a 1998 ford escort zx2 last year. i love the car its reliable its quick sometimes i feel my engine losing power other then that i never have a problem. I bought it for $500. the guy i bought it form bought 3 cars since i had my escort. i would like to update the style and make it personalized however i have no job.
    ich_bin_der_dorn, Eden, NC, April 22, 2009 08:46
    this is a 95 escort. my mom bought it back in 96. new. i just bought it from my mom with over 225,000 miles on it and it runs great. and people say ford is found on road dead. pshhht its first on race day.
    miamibill, Allentown, PA, April 12, 2009 01:49
    MY ESCORT IS A 98 I BOUGHT IT BACK IN 99.WHEN I BOUGHT IT IT HAD AROUND 32000 MILES ON IT.10 YRS LATER I HAVE 153000MILES ON IT.I REPLACED THE ENGINE A YEAR AND A HALF AGO.I ONLY REPLACE THE BRAKES ONECE IN 10 YRS.I NEED TO REPLACE THE REAR OXYGEN SENSOR 2 PASS THE EMISSIONS TEST THIS YEAR.MY ESCORT OUTLASTED MY 2 MARRAGES.ALOT OF PEOPLE SAY FORDS SUCK,BUT I DISAGREE WITH THEM.MINE HAS BEEN MY TRANSPORTATION FOR THE LAST 10 YRS AND STILL GOING STRONG.
    jms1681, Mahanoy City, PA, February 23, 2009 06:09
    i wish the horn would work
    ajdurling, Beverly Hills, CA, February 08, 2009 16:16
    Bought this little car with 140,000 km on it a few years ago. Now have 240,000 km, with little trouble. I have replaced a lot of parts, but things that wear out, such as struts, brakes, and the clutch, parts are reasonably priced, and the maintenance, which I do myself, is fairly straight forward and simple, however, I have a mechanical background. Oh, I'm in Canada, not California, but its the only zip code I know, hahaha
    fernando, Alameda, CA, December 18, 2008 09:00
    I bought my Ford Escort 95 with around 10,000 miles. Right away the very first week it began to overheat, on my way to the dealer to have it check the car broke down in the middle of the freeway. They said that the radiator fan stopped working. After fixing this problem, it continued overheating. Plus countless troubles with the A/C, electric windows, noisy engine and brakes, this is the worst automobile I have owned.
    oldslady, Fostoria, OH, October 16, 2008 17:11
    Car hood rust and paint fade is really bad but car runs pretty good..not real happy with it but am stuck with it for now. It's a go to work car.
    peepslover, Swansboro, NC, October 14, 2008 16:00
    i bought the car in 2001 and it has been great i have 135,000 only one problem with the coil last month
    pongee, California City, CA, September 29, 2008 19:58
    I purchased this car new in 1998 and never had a bit of trouble with it.It now has 97,000 miles..