Reviews for Ford Escape Hybrid years:

Ford Escape Hybrid Reviews and Owner Comments

Ford Escape HybridOwner Reviews (11 reviews)
    Visitor, Stockton, CA, February 17, 2013 13:17
    my escape stop turning on yesterday, i went to a car wash and some water got in from the passenger side tailight and wetted a button that says "reset button". and i was wondering if anybody had the same problem and if i replace it would it start driving. also i checked the fuses and all of them work except 3 fuses that are inside the car fuse box on the passenger side. And all my lights turn on when i turn the key, it just dosent start. and also it says :stop slowly now" PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • 2011 Ford Escape Hybrid
    Visitor, Naperville, IL, February 22, 2012 14:23
    Great vehicle have 5000 miles on it. Did have the 12 volt battery die after sitting unused for three days but believe I caused the issue by leaving a radar detector plugged into the 12 volt power port which I since have learned can keep the vehicles electronics from going to sleep thereby draining the battery
  • 2008 Ford Escape Hybrid
    Visitor, Southbridge, MA, February 10, 2012 14:03
    i DON'T HAVE PROBLEM IN MY FORD ESCAPE WHEN IT COMES TO DRIVING CONDITION ENGINE IS GOOD, BODY IS BEAUTIFUL, INTERIORS IS EXCELLENT TO ME, THE ONLY PROBLEM IS DRIVE SHAFT HAVING NOISE,THE FORM DEALER ASK ME TO REPLACE THE RUBBER BOOTH FRONT WHEEL, IN WHICH IT IS VERY HARD TO FIND,
    Visitor, Watsonville, CA, February 19, 2011 09:29
    I have not had any problems with my 2007 Ford Escape Hybrid. No overheating. Good acceleration. Have taken on several long trips into the mountains, through the desert, driving for hours at a time. No problems. Only complaints are that the ride is like a truck rather than a car (stiff and rough), and the mileage has decreased to about 31 mpg. Stll that is about 50% better than my previous vehicles (a minivan and a station wagon).
    Visitor, Tillamook, OR, January 01, 2011 19:09
    Fun vehicle to drive. Has enough acceleration for the small engines. Does what it was designed to do. Would like to see an affordable all electric conversion kit in the future. With gas prices going up in this State as of 1st of 2011, this little 'honey' has become more valuable to me. Headlights are exceptionally bright' brighter than my 2009 Ford Explorer. Not completley cost effective to purchase as of yet, but prices may top $5 a gallon in the not too distant future.
    Visitor, Miramar Beach, FL, December 04, 2010 07:45
    Has been nearly flawless except for one time which was resolved due to a recall on the hybrid battery system. Otherwise it has had zero quality issues...it's not a sports car or a luxury vehicle but it has certainly performed all the tasks it was engineered to do.
    bmdouble, San Antonio, TX, December 04, 2010 07:45
    only a couple of issues,1. coolant pump failure. 2. auxiliary blend door actuator failure. both issues will cause vehicle to enter failure management mode,wrench light on,vehicle will barely move.other than these concerns,the only thing I do on these vehicles is scheduled maintenance.
    Visitor, Memphis, TN, October 02, 2010 14:55
    My 2006 Escape hybrid just passed 140,000 miles and still purrs like a kitten. I took it to the Ford dealer last month for a complete check-up. They couldn't find a single thing wrong or that needed other than routine service.
    mbmcgrath, Cincinnati, OH, April 01, 2010 13:13
    Not for trips. Overheats at the drop of a hat. Lots of issues that should be recalled. Was nice for the first year, though.
    Lyxi, Salem, UT, March 19, 2010 08:49
    This car was a pretty good car for the three years that I have had it. However, it seems to be a pretty common thing for it to not outlast 65,000 miles. Recently had my car completely shut down in the middle of driving. Waited 20 minutes and it started back up. I got it home and it never left my driveway again. Had it towed to the dealership who replaced the waterpump of all things. It got me home and again has not left my driveway since. That repair cost me over $400 in labor and $290 in parts. Now I'm out over $700 dollars and still don't have a functioning vehicle. Will not take it back to that dealership for the RUDE costumer service and overpriced services, not to mention the complete failure to fix the problem. I'm looking around and also pricing and replacing parts myself suggested by other FEH owners who have gone through the same. Once I get it running, I'm trading it in.
    littlejohn, San Diego, CA, January 30, 2010 12:40
    if you like paying fomoco for your repairs then this is the vehicle for you as for myself i like doing my own repairs so i know my vehicle when you trust others to do the work it don't get done right