Ford E-350 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your Ford E-350
- Rough Running Engine and Possible Check Engine Light
- Loud Popping Noise and Misfire Experienced
- Front End May Make Rattle Noise Over Bumps, Handling Issues
- Coolant Leakage from Heater Core, Possible Leakage onto Passenger Side Foot Well
- Excessive Vibration Felt in Vehicle While Driving - Fluid Leaks From Rear of Transmission
- How do I get the brake lights working?
- I just installed a ford crate transmission &it does not move in drive.
- I bought a clutch master cylinder and replaced it but its still not pumping the
- I HAVE A 2008 FORD E350 TOW TRUCK AND THE ENGINE LIGHT CAME ON. THE CODE WAS P01391PD. I CAN NOT FIND THIS CODE. PLEASE HELP ME. I REAALY NEE DTO KNOW WHAT IS WRONG WITH MY TOW TRUCK.
- What's ballpark cost each for replacing a starter and also an alternator?
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
Ford E-350 Problems
The Check Engine Light may illuminate, the engine may run rough and have misfires on acceleration. Commonly the ignition coils and/or the ignition coil boots are the cause of this problem. The rubber boot that insulates the coil to the spark plug can dry and crack allowing arcing. Inspect the coils and boots, and replace them as needed. Our technicians also recommend replacing the coil boots any time the spark plugs are replaced.
The spark plugs may become dislodged from the cylinder heads. A loud popping noise can be heard and a subsequent misfire experienced. The threads on the spark plug ports in the cylinder head(s) can become stripped or missing when the spark plug is dislodged. The threads in cylinder heads may be replaced using “Lock-N-Stitch” aluminum inserts. Our technicians tell us thread replacement is performed when the vehicle is out of base warranty. Vehicles under base warranty receive a new cylinder head.
The front end may make a rattle noise over bumps. There may be handling issues, and play in the front wheels on inspection. If there is up and down movement on the front wheels while the lower control arms are being supported, inspect the upper and lower ball joints for excessive play. These are prone to failure from moisture entry and lack of lubrication. The ball joints should be replaced as needed.
Ford E-350 Questions
all other gears seem to work fine. fluid is full.
My van has a 1st cylinder misfire.
It needs the coil replaced.
I purchased the coil.
I need instructions and helpful tips to install it myself please. Thank You!
Ford E-350 Recalls
101 vehicles altered by Roush Racing to operate using the Roush Cleantech Propane Autogas may develop a fuel leak. This is due to improperly seated fuel injector retention clips. Fuel leaks always increase the risk of a fire. Roush will replace the retaining clips to correct this concern.
Approximately 4500 vehicles are being recalled because bubbles can form in the windshield if it is exposed to hot temperatures for an extended time. These bubbles can affect driver visibility, in increasing the risk of a crash. Dealers will inspect the windshield on affected vehicles and replace it as necessary to correct this concern.
An internal fault may develop within the multi-function turn signal switch. This can affect turn signal, tail, hazard, and/or brake light operation. Non-functioning exterior lights could increase the risk of a crash. Dealers will replace the multi-function switch to correct this concern. This recall is scheduled to begin on August 15, 2011. The Ford recall number is 11C18.
Ford E-350 Reviews
YOU CAN'T KEEP THIS FORD IN THE ROAD, YOU HAVE TO DRIVE IT ALL THE TIME. I HAVE PUT NEW BALL JOINTS UPPER AND LOWER, NEW TRIES, LINE UP 3 TIMES, NOW THEY TELL ME IT COULD BE STEERING BOX. JUST WANTED TO KNOW IF ANYONE HAS HAD THIS HAPPEN TO YOUR VAN.
5.4 engine is a joke, try changing spark plugs. engineers and designers must have been assleep!
First E350. Have had multiple exhaust problems. Hard trying to track down no start problem. Great tranny in it though. Lot of little idiosyncracies though