Reviews for Ford Aerostar years:

Ford Aerostar Reviews and Owner Comments

Ford AerostarOwner Reviews (23 reviews)
    Visitor, Waddington, NY, September 05, 2014 11:53
    We bought our 1995 Aerostar (extended) in Florida 4 years ago. It has 170,000 miles on it as of today. Everything works great on it. We call her our bus because we take everyone everywhere in her. Everyone comments on how comfortable she is. Very practical, good looking (in our opinion), pretty good on fuel and inexpensive to buy. If you get a chance to buy a rust-free one with the 4.0 litre you should take advantage of the opportunity, you will be glad you did.
    Visitor, Yucaipa, CA, April 19, 2014 09:02
    My 1994 Ford Aerostar All Wheel Drive 7 passenger van is great...hope I can keep it going a long time!
    Visitor, Los Angeles, CA, October 09, 2012 12:08
    What an awesome van!!!
    Visitor, Phoenix, AZ, November 06, 2011 23:42
    MY NAME IS JOHN. I HAVE A 1995 AEROSTAR FORD VAN. I CHANGED THE PUSH RODS,LIFTERS,ROCKER ARMS,AND FUEL INJECTORS. NOW IT RUNS ROUGH AND BACK FIRES.THANKS
    hjmcnair, Fayetteville, NC, September 13, 2011 12:35
    I have a 1993 Ford Aerostar van; 3.0. It has served me well even during this bad economy. It has moved me when I lost my home. It has even provided me with a safe place to sleep. "Big Red" has her issues just like me and needs help that I do not know how to do. I believe if I had a picture, step by step manual, I could do some of it to keep her going but I do not have one. The heat and cooling do not work. The horn do not work and; two weeks ago; the selector handle broke; push it up it falls back down; like it is stripped. I took the steering cover off and the cylinders do not meet. There is a small cable that has broke from the white handle piece on it, also. [I think, that is the cable that shows what gear you are in.] If anyone can send me a repair manual or help me repair her; Please do. I am unable to pay. Contact me at hjmcnair@yahoo.com or PO Box 9243, Fayetteville, NC 28311. I will send you a picture of the van when she is working right again.
    Visitor, Astoria, OR, August 06, 2011 19:57
    Hi im am a former owner of the 1993 i gave mine to a church @250,000 miles it ran hard with different people and now i got it back to be towed and its the trans gone bad ,my daughter bought a 1997 it had been abused i think and she had lots of trouble with hers but it is so nice and her husband was in a car accident and paralyzed and she and he have 4 children , they need one of these vans real bad i replaced the cooling system then te heads went very bad from the heat but it got her back and forth for a whole summer between tri citys and Seattle im hoping to see if somone has the parts i need heads for it , and pray there is some one who could help, i dont have any money left and they have none we just spent the last on head gaskets and things but water is mixing with oil bagelbaker7@hotmail.com
    Visitor, Salem, OR, July 13, 2011 05:53
    I own a 96 xl Van Aerostar i love it it has over 230,000 miles on it and its still going BUT it now has no power when to want to get up and go it will do 55 no prob. If Anyone can tell me what is going on with it please help =) Love it and would like to keep it going email me back at rocko2004@msn.com Thanks
    Visitor, East Hampton, CT, May 22, 2011 08:11
    van runs ok has some front brake vibration
  • 1992 Ford Aerostar
    Visitor, Hoxie, AR, February 18, 2011 19:41
    a/c fan not working --on heat it works-- and on outside it works --what is wrong--? I an the only owner-- igot it brand new -- i had the a/c and compresor rebilt after 12 yrs-- I got 86000mils- thank you margaret A
    Visitor, Manchester, NH, December 21, 2010 14:53
    I've had my aerostar since 1995. I have 276,000 miles on it.
    boogerman, Hardburly, KY, December 09, 2010 17:48
    My 1990 Aerostar is a rebuild,paid $100 for it.So far ,it has earned the name Old Reliable because it has yet to give up and quit.I have the Long wheel based XLT model with the digital dash. I have been offered $6000 for it,not for sale. Looking for another one to give to my college aged daughter
  • 1992 Ford Aerostar
    Visitor, Columbus, OH, October 27, 2010 07:27
    brakeline rusted shifter solenoid broke, shifter broke, exaust fell off makes a loud klunk when shifting into reverse, whines when you get above 20 mphs calls for 215-70r-14 tires, which are not very common a rust problem at base of doors. Problem with air conditioner hoses (leaks). just bought it and hope to be pleased with it once I put some work and money in it. has 107,000 miles on it other than the rear end needing work I happy with my purchase of it at $600.00
    Visitor, Turlock, CA, September 04, 2010 11:56
    great a/c system front and back.the coldest 134a system ive ever owned.
    Visitor, Lake Waccamaw, NC, July 21, 2010 15:19
    Mine is a 95 Ford Aerostar. I've enjoyed it for the past 15 years I haven't had many problems with it. During this lenght of time I've had to replace brake pads, have the radiator flushed, freon replaced in the AC. I got riped off once by a Ford mechanic who claimed to have repaired my AC. It ran cool for one day...by the next day it rain hot. They never returned my money when I complained. Yet they advertised professional and curtious workmanship with satisfaction guaranteed. I never saw this kind of service produced from them. I'm happy with my aerostar. I can't understand why they stoped making them. It's ashame....you make something good and then discontinue it....such a shame.
    Visitor, Milan, TN, June 05, 2010 12:30
    i have a 1990 aerostar van i bought for 600.00. all it needed at time was brakes and freon. runs like a charm. plenty of space for me and my family. i love my van.
    Visitor, Maumelle, AR, May 30, 2010 23:51
    HI MY NAME IS VIC, AND I POSTED A COMMENT ON HERE ABOUT MY AERO STAR VAN. IT IS A REAL WORK HORSE AND COMFY TO DRIVE. I AM DISABLED AND NEED TO SELL IT. I REPLACED THE AIR COMP. AND SHOCKE, TIE RODS,AND OTHER PARTS, WHY? BECAUSE IT RAN SO GOOD, ALL IT NEEDS IS A GASKET ON THE MOTOR, IT LEAKS WATER AND FOULS THE PLUGS. I WAS RIPPED OFF BY SO CALLED MACHANICS. REPAIR PAL SAY'S THE PRICE IS UNDER $400 TO FIX, THEY WANT 6 TO 700.. IT STILL LOOKS GOOD, AND HAS A LOT OF LIFE IN IT IF SOME ONE CAN FIC THE WATER LEAK. YOU CAN EMAIL ME AT vic966@gmail.com.. Thank you.
    vic966, Maumelle, AR, March 05, 2010 18:03
    Bought a 94just like in the pic with 178,000 miles. purrred like a kiten, changed my own oil and flushed radiator. it had 210,000 miles when the fuel pump went out, I towed it to Beasaw's automotive at 6001 Lumsden in North Little Rock Ar. he wanted 200 labor and 275 for a fuel pump, well,I am no dummy,I replaced fuel pumps in the gas tank before I became disabled, I told him I would buy the pump, and he does the labor. He kept it for 4 months, would not answer my calls. I had to pay a lady to take me there, he said he was to busy! and it will be ready in a week. well,it was ready,and it did start,but it runs like crap!! he lied and said he replaced the distributor,and he made $5.00 on the job. Yea right!! it wont stay started unless I keep my foot on the gas, and itlost power. I looked under the hood and saw the linkage for the gas peddle was turned down. he did not have to mess with the gas peddel linkage to do a fuel pump. he just made it run bad coz I bought the pump for $55.00 now he says the intake gasket is leaking and it's 600.00 to fix. he took a smooth running van and made it run like crap!!. wish I was not sick coz I would take him to court. if there is any machanics in my aera that are not thiefs, please email me at vic966@gmail.com I would love to keep it. very sad I loved the van very much.
    Lincnlvr, Columbus, GA, October 20, 2009 11:36
    Why did they stop making these? Stupid, Stupid , Stupid!!! The Best Minivan on the road. If I couls I would buy up old ones and refurbish them. They were a real work horse. I would get one now and put an EcoBoost in it!!! I really loved this vehicle need to bring em back! Mine was given to me by a church member he thought the head gaskets were blown but they weren't and a transmission, it sat for 4 years and I tuned it up and added fluid. It ran like it was new. His wife saw it at church and could not believe it, before they got rid of it she hated it but seeing it on the road she just looks and smiles. The Ac could use a boost. My sister had a Chevy Astro, I could out tow that thing any day of the week. I used to pull a 19 1/2 SeaRay with it until somebody stole my boat. Aerostar nothing better, oh I paut Lincoln Tc Wheels on it. I got some crazy looks but it still looked good.
    Kashmir6859, Brandywine, MD, June 15, 2009 17:34
    This vehicle was purchased in August 2008 from a dealer that specializes in previously-owned government vehicles, which means it was well-maintained. I bought it for $2100 with only 84,000 ORIGINAL miles on it...it was a supervisor's vehicle with the local Parks and Recreation Dept. It currently has 101000 miles on it. I have used it not only to haul my electrical tools and equipment, but also use it to deliver pizzas for a local Papa John's establishment. I have had to replace the turn signal flashers twice so far (I'm a stickler for using my turn signals), had the transmission pan bolts work themselves loose ($54 total cost to correct), and just now have an issue with the starter (which I will replace tomorrow). Since I start the vehicle numerous times while on delivery, I sort of expect this to occur. After all...it IS almost 20 years old and bound to have issues. So far the issues have been minor, and the heat and A/C work exceptionally well. However, I do have to keep tabs on the oil and anti-freeze, which are "self-changing", hee-hee. But again, it's an old vehicle. What did you expect? Overall though, this is an excellent vehicle for the money, and even though I'm not a big Ford fan, have driven these vehicles in the past, and have had zero problems with them, even though they were loaded down with tools and equipment.. I can tell you this...they are a much better value than a comparable-year Chevy Astro or Dodge Caravan. I know this for a fact since I drove both of these other vehicles...and they don't come close to the Aerostar.
    Adrian-Lee, Saint Petersburg, FL, April 15, 2009 14:40
    On the whole, this van has been doing pretty well. We did have to put in a radiator. My engine light has been on for almost a year or so but the mechanic I had said it was no problem. We are having some problems with the air conditioning but haven't had it checked out due to the high cost of repairing it. I had another van-a Dodge Caravan 1988 and it cost me $1200 to have it fixed which my previous church paid for. I have a side elevator lift for my electric wheelchair. The space between the seats is rather narrow and hard to get through when I transfer from the chair to the front seat. The right seat is tight due to the lift. I have had some problem with the right front tire wearing on the outside but Sears checked it out when I bought a tire from them and said it was O.K. It drives well on the highway. I also have a problem with the steering being a little too flexible and I definitely don't like the gas pedal Ford installed...it's too small and far away for someone as short as I am. The seat belt also is a problem and if I get into an accident I would probably lose my head. I have been warned to use it properly but it is too uncomfortable driving it the right way. I do like the automatic door locks as it makes me feel safer when I travel alone. The tilt steering wheel is also a great feature. The van is also good on gas. Have had some problems with using oil and transmission fluid. I have the oil checked every 3,000 miles at a local place on Park Blvd. It's hard to do all that I would like to do as far as maintenance due to my husband working only part-time and I only get Disability so we can't afford to do all we'd like to. I just thank God the van runs well and hasn't cost us too much to keep up.
    matte, Richardson, TX, January 02, 2009 11:16
    This was a horrible vehicle. Rode like the truck chassis on which it was based, had persistent "check engine light" trouble, and one time, the front tire almost sheared off, according to our mechanic.
    fernando, Alameda, CA, December 10, 2008 08:18
    I drove this van for about a year and a half. We repair the transmission once and replace it twice. They never could align the wheels.
    redboy, South Gate, CA, November 11, 2008 12:02
    my wife and I love our aerostar, have had a lot of cars , but not as good as a aerostar, very little trouble with it.try to keep it up. bob myers