Problems for specific Ford Windstar years:

Car problem reports

Problem with your car? See what our experts say or submit your own.

Most reported 2002 Ford Windstar problems

Verified for the Ford Windstar

The Check Engine Light may illuminate with fault code P0171 and/or P0174 stored, indicating a lean fuel mixture. Our technicians tell us the left valve cover gasket, upper intake gaskets, vacuum line, and bolts may need to be replaced with updated parts to correct this concern.

60 Reports

Verified for the Ford Windstar

A knocking noise from the upper engine area may indicate a loose intake runner. Our technicians tell us if this is the case, replacement of the upper intake clamshell will be necessary.

17 Reports

Verified for the Ford Windstar

Warped front brake rotors may cause the steering wheel to shimmy when the brakes are applied. Our technicians tell us the brake rotors and pads should  be replaced to correct this concern.

15 Reports

Verified for the Ford Windstar

The engine oil pan gasket can develop a leak. Leaking oil may accumulate on the exhaust system resulting in a burning smell. Replacing the gasket should correct this leak.

13 Reports

Reported by willfixit and 2 others for the Ford Windstar

I was investagating the ABS indicator light on the van and why it stays on. During this time I was going through and fixing a few other things that had stopped working and one of them was the drivers side door power lock and also the passenger side power door lock, I aslo had trouble with the interior lights flashing while I was driving. I decide to change the lock assemble in both front doors to fix the power lock feature and be able to use t...

3 Reports