1998 Buick LeSabre Q&A

1998 Buick LeSabre Question: Flywheel problem

My car wouldn't start. Me mechanic changed the flywheel but the problem was not fixed. I took it to the dealership and they had to fix the lock system. My mechanic still wants to charge $550 for changing my flywheel and not fixing my problem, what should I do? -
Get documentation from dealership of what your issue was, with all of your documentation take him to small claims court. Oh and fire your mechanic. -
Comment 1
Thank you so very much! -
Most customers wont take the time to take someone to court. I know your still getting screwd in the end but splitting the bill with them may be the easiest way to get rid of the problem. If they wont do that small claims court is the only other option. After all the time you spend dealing with this you may be losing in the end. I dont think you will be reimburst for your timee off work in small claims court. You might wwant to check into that before proceding. -
Knocking sound from underneath vehicle; diagnosed as a bent flywheel.
Starter installed 11/08-lifetime warranty. 11/09 I think i need new CV joints and mechanic at independent indicates the starter is sticking into the flywheel thus the noise at right turns. Take to ...
My car will not kick over but it is making a clicking sound. So I think it may be the starter. What do you think?
Car was running totally fine until I went to start it and the motor wouldn't crank and I heard a god awful grinding kind of noise. I don't know how to describe the sound but all my accessories work...