I have a fluttering sound, only on acceleration, that recently developed on my 4 1/2 year old 2006 Toyota Tundra. Gas mileage and performance have not noticeably changed. Truck has 125k miles on it. I have kept oil changed every 5k miles and performed most of the recommended service, including timing belt change at 90k. Suggestions were that this might be a warped exhaust manifold, but that has been ruled out. Someone else suggested that there is some sort of secondary air system pump and air check valves that could be the problem. I'm haven't heard of this before. Any thoughts..?
Fluttering Sound from Engine, Only on Acceleration, Check Engine Light Did Not Light on 2006 Toyota Tundra
This week's top 10
Recent Toyota Tundra Questions
- how do I know if my rear engine mount is bad
- How difficult is it to replace the left rear wheel bearing assembly and what's the part that I need. It it hums when I'm driving 20 to 40 miles an hour. Toyota mechanic said that it was the bearing
- How do you troubleshoot the blower motor for the air conditioner. I've taken the motor out and cleaned it put it back in and when I turn on nothing happens. Should Icheck fuses next?
- After replacing my radiator do I have to reset the engines computer systems?
- Truck won't idle after i changed battery