I have a fluttering sound, only on acceleration, that recently developed on my 4 1/2 year old 2006 Toyota Tundra. Gas mileage and performance have not noticeably changed. Truck has 125k miles on it. I have kept oil changed every 5k miles and performed most of the recommended service, including timing belt change at 90k. Suggestions were that this might be a warped exhaust manifold, but that has been ruled out. Someone else suggested that there is some sort of secondary air system pump and air check valves that could be the problem. I'm haven't heard of this before. Any thoughts..?
Fluttering Sound from Engine, Only on Acceleration, Check Engine Light Did Not Light on 2006 Toyota Tundra
This week's top 10
Recent Toyota Tundra Questions
- valve cover gasket has a leak..can i fix it myself.....i have mechanic skills?
- Vsc off.....Trac off.... engine light came on and it's overheating
- Instructions to hook up Factory Sat/Radio (from dealer)
- truck idoling while stop at store -I returned 4lo light flashing 4x4 not engaged
- I can't get out of 4wd
2006 Toyota Tundra Estimates
- Rear Main Seal Replacement ($659 - 836) in Shiloh, NC
- ABS Wheel Speed Sensor Replacement ($284 - 380) in Starford, PA
- Catalytic Converter Replacement ($654 - 2,564) in Pawhuska, OK
- Brake Fluid Replacement/Flush ($147 - 184) in Olla, LA
- Axle Shaft Seal Replacement ($173 - 396) in Mountain Pass, CA
- Windshield Wiper Arm Replacement ($88 - 114) in Big Creek, KY