I have a fluttering sound, only on acceleration, that recently developed on my 4 1/2 year old 2006 Toyota Tundra. Gas mileage and performance have not noticeably changed. Truck has 125k miles on it. I have kept oil changed every 5k miles and performed most of the recommended service, including timing belt change at 90k. Suggestions were that this might be a warped exhaust manifold, but that has been ruled out. Someone else suggested that there is some sort of secondary air system pump and air check valves that could be the problem. I'm haven't heard of this before. Any thoughts..?
Fluttering Sound from Engine, Only on Acceleration, Check Engine Light Did Not Light on 2006 Toyota Tundra
Asked by for the 2006 Toyota Tundra
This week's top 10
Recent Toyota Tundra Questions
- just started going crazy. made it home & now like the computer is nuts
- A/T TEMPERATURA IS UP and engine don't want to start
- There is a musty smell in the cabin. Have had it since new. Its kept clean.
- valve cover gasket has a leak..can i fix it myself.....i have mechanic skills?
- Had my 2002 Toyota Tundra warming up to leave, it then stopped running on it own
2006 Toyota Tundra Estimates
- Brake Shoe Replacement, Resurface Drums ($225 - $318) in Shiloh, NC
- Mass Airflow Sensor Replacement ($159 - $233) in Starford, PA
- Engine Oil Light Diagnosis ($88 - $111) in Pawhuska, OK
- Starter Replacement ($598 - $795) in Olla, LA
- Engine Leak Inspection ($88 - $111) in Mountain Pass, CA
- Noise Diagnosis ($61 - $78) in Big Creek, KY