The repair for this problem is not in the bolt. The problem is that the "cradle" that the pads sit in are worn down and the pads then slide back and forth. This allows the caliper to do the same, causing the constant rattling in the front end. To fix this problem, I had a friend of mine weld in filler and rebuild the "cradle" to stop the pads and caliper from moving. They have to be able to clamp down on the rotor,so it has to move free to clamp the rotor. This is the repair that worked for me.
Fix for the Brake caliper bolt passenger side bottom. on 1995 Dodge Dakota
This week's top 10
Recent Dodge Dakota Questions
- There is metal shavings on the drive belt pullysystem in the inside causing nois
- 99 dodge dakota.5 speed...,my left turn signal blinks really fast.
- I am looking for a estimate to replace the valve guides--including time and part
- knocking /thumping noise from front left tire
- truck engine no turn no start finally got it to turn and start butt turn signals