FAN, BLOWER PROBLEM? on 1990 Toyota Camry

IT SEEMS MY A/C NEEDED THE RESISTOR REPLACED. MY AIR/ FAN WOULD STOP WORKING WHEN I WAS DRIVING. IT ALSO SEEMED THAT WHEN I USED MY FAN, A/C, HEATER, THEN THE NEXT DAY THE BATERY WAS NOT CHARGED. I HAVE HAD THE BATERY/ALTERNATOR CHECKED, IT 'S OK. THE BATERY IS ONLY 6 MONTHS OLD. THE MECHANIC JUST PUT IN A NEW RESISTOR, BUT IT WAS NOT EXACTLY LIKE THE ONE HE TOOK OUT SO HE HAD TO DO ? SOMETHING W/ THE WIRES. NOW, IT WON'T BLOW ON HIGH. I AM GETTING THE RUNAROUND FROM HIM. ANY HELP? (NOW HE SAYS IT MAY BE THE FAN MOTOR, MAYBE.

by in San Diego, CA on July 28, 2009
1 answer
ANSWER by on July 28, 2009
The fan blower motor resistor is a common failure, you need the exact same on for the fan speeds to work properly, easy to test, and replace. The part is less than $75 from the dealer. The blower motor is also easy to test or replace. Its held into the heater housing under the dash on the passenger side with three screws. With the wires to the motor disconnected supplying power and ground to the motor would verify if the motor is OK. I have see rodents build a nest in the fan motor but you would see this on removing the fan motor. This isn't a complex repair, tests are also pretty simple, don't pay for a part that doesn't work or fit.
The heater/ A?C fan works only at level 4. How can I fix it? Thanks dh
My 2000 toyota camry fan quit working on low and medium speed. Low and medium does not move any air. any advise would be greatly appreciated.
The heater fan in my Camry 2001 only works when on high, the other settings, when selected do not operate the fan. Any suggestions? Thanks, Jim
During the summer, on a couple of occassions, with the air on a vapor came through the vents. Shortly thereafter the control for the fan was not responsive until turned to high. The control issue...
Heater blower fan only works on high replaced the switch and same thing happens any thoughts