I just purchased a used Saturn Vue XR and the Power Steering pump was replaced when the power steering failed at low speeds. This seemed to resolve the issue for about an hour. When braking, or starting from a stop the steering wheel is nearly impossible to turn in any direction. If I give it power via the accelerator it becomes easier to steer. What could be causing this if the pump is good?
Failure of Variable Assist Power Steering at low speeds on 2008 Saturn Vue
Asked by for the 2008 Saturn Vue
This week's top 10
Recent Saturn Vue Questions
- Check transmission fluid, replace brakes,& where are the spark plugs at?
- Rolling loud noise from the rear
- does this car have a dipstick for transmission fluid? it seems like it is missin
- when i turn key on i have power i turn to start i loose all power .why??
- How much to fix the torque converter clutch solenoid
2008 Saturn Vue Estimates
- Oxygen Sensor Replacement ($131 - $245) in Honey Grove, PA
- Clutch Replacement ($1,530 - $2,056) in Ireland, WV
- Tie Rod End Replacement - Inner ($338 - $482) in Yakima, WA
- Air Conditioning Diagnosis ($88 - $111) in Polvadera, NM
- Suspension Coil Spring Replacement ($459 - $642) in Errol, NH
- Emergency Brake Cable Replacement ($194 - $226) in Huntington, TX