I just purchased a used Saturn Vue XR and the Power Steering pump was replaced when the power steering failed at low speeds. This seemed to resolve the issue for about an hour. When braking, or starting from a stop the steering wheel is nearly impossible to turn in any direction. If I give it power via the accelerator it becomes easier to steer. What could be causing this if the pump is good?
Failure of Variable Assist Power Steering at low speeds on 2008 Saturn Vue
This week's top 10
Recent Saturn Vue Questions
- Why has the Odometer stopped registering?
- Why is the ABS engaging when it shouldn't Dangerous prevents safe steering.
- Is timing belt slippage a known problem on this vehicle - approx. 80,000 miles
- Is the ignition malfunction be linked to a failed emission result
- I lost the recall notice for the ignition switch.