My 2001 Jaguar has 60,000 miles on it, the transmission was rebuilt about 1 yr ago, and it has gone into failsafe mode (limp mode) 3 times. My OBD codes are PO116, PO125 and PO128. My mechanic tells me it is a fuel injection problem and parts alone will cost $2500 (can't afford). He said it is safe to drive, and I have gotten the car working again by turning the ignition off then on again after a few minutes, but it happened again today and it took an hour before it would work again. Are there any ways to get out of fail safe mode?
Failsafe Mode on 2001 Jaguar XJ8
1 answerOctober 02, 2009
This week's top 10
Recent Jaguar XJ8 Questions
- What happens to a transmission when you burn the motor up
- fail safe mode came on car want start. Then started after 5 mins.
- Is it OK for the fan to run for 3 min after the car is turned off?
- Sometimes my car says cruise control not available
- My car lis leaking coolant and motor oil leak . Should i take it to the Jaguar D
2001 Jaguar XJ8 Estimates
- Exhaust Manifold Gasket Replacement ($341 - 471) in Winnisquam, NH
- Brake Master Cylinder Replacement ($332 - 446) in Fairland, IN
- Ball Joint Replacement - Lower ($270 - 357) in Los Banos, CA
- Coolant Leak Diagnosis ($88 - 111) in Bunker Hill, WV
- Suspension Coil Spring Replacement ($1,036 - 1,120) in Columbus, NJ
- Emergency Brake Cable Replacement ($262 - 337) in Turkey Creek, LA