my chrysler sebring one day the engine light turned on and it would only saty in third gear. I was told it was in fail safe mode, now i can put the car into drive, low, reverse, & neutral. but it wont shift out of third. what do u think caused the fail safe, or what sounds like the problem? what can i do to fix it and how do i get it out of fail safe? please help me out!
fail safe on 2002 Chrysler Sebring
Asked by for the 2002 Chrysler Sebring
MOST POPULAR ANSWER by Bret Bodas ,
January 06, 2010
The advice sounds correct, it is in fail-safe mode, or limp-home as it is often referred to. The next step is to get the diagnostic trouble codes from the transmission control module and the engine control module and perform the appropriate diagnostic checks.
1 answerFebruary 06, 2010
This week's top 10
Recent Chrysler Sebring Questions
- oil pump weak or bad
- Driving at 60mph on cruise and all of a sudden the engine shut off.
- Coolant leak..Drops from center of radiator. Can't see wats there. Hoses?? Pump?
- my trunk will not open with key or remote and the doors will not lock.All of a s
- Is the 2.4L engine in my 2005 Sebring Convertible an interference engine?
2002 Chrysler Sebring Estimates
- Fuel Injector Replacement ($244 - $407) in Roy, MT
- Wheel Bearing Replacement - Front ($250 - $419) in New Providence, PA
- Brake Drum Replacement ($372 - $517) in Climax, NY
- Steering Rack Replacement ($800 - $1,619) in Ninety Six, SC
- Wheel Speed Sensor Replacement ($70 - $81) in Bonner, MT
- Brake Light Switch Replacement ($52 - $81) in West Burlington, IA