I think it is engine oil since it is brown, and not transmission fluid. Very minor leak right at the circular ring type area where the engine meets the transmission. I am assuming that this is not really a "wet" interface. So is the leak from the "rear engine seal" or the "crankshaft seal"? Do those seals mean one and the same thing? Or are there two different seals in that area?
Extremely minor oil leak near engine and transmission interface? on 2004 BMW X3
This week's top 10
Recent BMW X3 Questions
- Car overheated. I am replacing the coolant recovery tank. Is it prudent to replace the thermostat assembly at the same time?
- Why is my 4x4, abs, service engine light on
- Looking for an estimate the cost of repairing the 5F3A code ( the transfer case actuator) where the triad of 4 x 4, brake and ABS are lit and have been for a month and now the service engine soon light is on!
- How do I reset service light?
- Replaced thermostat and water pump had heater core flush. Heat still not hot! What next?