I think it is engine oil since it is brown, and not transmission fluid. Very minor leak right at the circular ring type area where the engine meets the transmission. I am assuming that this is not really a "wet" interface. So is the leak from the "rear engine seal" or the "crankshaft seal"? Do those seals mean one and the same thing? Or are there two different seals in that area?
Extremely minor oil leak near engine and transmission interface? on 2004 BMW X3
This week's top 10
Recent BMW X3 Questions
- Have a leak somewhere in gas line car riding to lean
- How $ for changing the full set of 3 timing chains with all the needs guarantee?
- How much does it cost to repair a front differential in a BMW x3
- I have code p2098 , what bmw code is that ? What does it mean.? What can I do
- ABS, Brake warning and DSC 4X4 warning Lts come on and stay on.
2004 BMW X3 Estimates
- Oil and Filter Change ($74 - 140) in Ira Township, MI
- Axle/Half Shaft Replacement - Rear ($1,446 - 1,730) in Manson, NC
- Brake Master Cylinder Replacement ($572 - 867) in Dundee, FL
- Tie Rod End Replacement - Outer ($250 - 299) in Penitas, TX
- Axle Shaft Seal Replacement ($254 - 295) in Cromona, KY
- Axle Shaft Seal Replacement ($289 - 340) in Neck City, MO