I think it is engine oil since it is brown, and not transmission fluid. Very minor leak right at the circular ring type area where the engine meets the transmission. I am assuming that this is not really a "wet" interface. So is the leak from the "rear engine seal" or the "crankshaft seal"? Do those seals mean one and the same thing? Or are there two different seals in that area?
Extremely minor oil leak near engine and transmission interface? on 2004 BMW X3
This week's top 10
Recent BMW X3 Questions
- will a non dynamic xenon headlight work alongside the original dynamic xenon hea
- WHAT IS THE COST TO REPAIR TROUBLE CODES P0012 AND P0306
- Have a leak somewhere in gas line car riding to lean
- How $ for changing the full set of 3 timing chains with all the needs guarantee?
- How much does it cost to repair a front differential in a BMW x3
2004 BMW X3 Estimates
- Differential Fluid Replacement - Rear ($84 - $139) in Ira Township, MI
- AC Recharge ($200 - $276) in Manson, NC
- Clutch Master Cylinder Replacement ($315 - $434) in Dundee, FL
- Battery Replacement ($229 - $266) in Penitas, TX
- Trans Oil Cooler Line Replacement ($305 - $329) in Cromona, KY
- CV Axle Assembly Replacement ($384 - $1,341) in Neck City, MO