When I start my car the fan belt squeals for a few seconds then is replaced by something that sounds like a Dremel being used to grind or cut hard stone or something metal. It is coming from somewhere near the motor mount that connects to the alternater. It continues as long as the car is in any of the forward drive gears (stops in neutral and reverse) but sometimes, when I go over a speed bump, a rough driveway or a stretch of road with a lot of jarring potholes, it will stop briefly only to return even louder. (It's really embarrassing...:) ). Any ideas?
Extremely loud noise coming from the right side of the engine. on 1993 Mazda Protege
This week's top 10
Recent Mazda Protege Questions
- When I press the clutch pedal the engine decelerate and shut down
- Is there a fuel pump inertia cut off switch on this vehicle, if so location?
- Engine not able to accelerate past 40 mph
- My car doesn't have reverse but will go on D, 2 & 1. What's the problem? HELP!!!
- changed clutch how much trans. fluid do I put in it?
1993 Mazda Protege Estimates
- EGR Valve Replacement ($237 - 383) in Cowgill, MO
- Ball Joint Replacement - Lower ($209 - 270) in Prairieburg, IA
- 120,000 Mile Service ($276 - 419) in Gallman, MS
- Fuel Filter Change ($91 - 137) in Henderson, IA
- Emergency Brake Cable Replacement ($122 - 208) in Hays, MT
- EVAP Purge Control Solenoid Replacement ($210 - 219) in Eden, VT