When I start my car the fan belt squeals for a few seconds then is replaced by something that sounds like a Dremel being used to grind or cut hard stone or something metal. It is coming from somewhere near the motor mount that connects to the alternater. It continues as long as the car is in any of the forward drive gears (stops in neutral and reverse) but sometimes, when I go over a speed bump, a rough driveway or a stretch of road with a lot of jarring potholes, it will stop briefly only to return even louder. (It's really embarrassing...:) ). Any ideas?
Extremely loud noise coming from the right side of the engine. on 1993 Mazda Protege
Asked by for the 1993 Mazda Protege
This week's top 10
Recent Mazda Protege Questions
- One under the friver's side dash, one in the engine compartment
- What is causing a buzzing noise? When windows are rolled up and head lights used
- Where is my file pump relay switch located.
- What size is the drivers side window 2003.Mazda protege ls
- We hat els would make it not drive when it feels like the clutch but not?
1993 Mazda Protege Estimates
- Mass Airflow Sensor Replacement ($209 - $321) in Cowgill, MO
- Battery Replacement ($145 - $192) in Prairieburg, IA
- AC Compressor Replacement ($600 - $681) in Gallman, MS
- Headlamp Bulb Replacement ($37 - $60) in Henderson, IA
- Emergency Brake Cable Replacement ($122 - $208) in Hays, MT
- Wheel Lug Stud Replacement ($57 - $73) in Eden, VT