When I start my car the fan belt squeals for a few seconds then is replaced by something that sounds like a Dremel being used to grind or cut hard stone or something metal. It is coming from somewhere near the motor mount that connects to the alternater. It continues as long as the car is in any of the forward drive gears (stops in neutral and reverse) but sometimes, when I go over a speed bump, a rough driveway or a stretch of road with a lot of jarring potholes, it will stop briefly only to return even louder. (It's really embarrassing...:) ). Any ideas?
Extremely loud noise coming from the right side of the engine. on 1993 Mazda Protege
This week's top 10
Recent Mazda Protege Questions
- Can a automatic transmission starter work in a manual transmission 2001 protege
- The Ecm is bad in my protoge. I've bought a different one but it didn't work.
- Where is the fuse box location? I changed the bu lb in back over license plate
- My key broke in half it was in my pant pocket where can i get another one
- When I press the clutch pedal the engine decelerate and shut down
1993 Mazda Protege Estimates
- Timing Belt Replacement ($296 - 384) in Cowgill, MO
- 112,500 Mile Service ($71 - 116) in Prairieburg, IA
- 22,500 Mile Service ($71 - 116) in Gallman, MS
- Ignition Wire Set Replacement ($88 - 259) in Henderson, IA
- Steering Knuckle Replacement ($257 - 296) in Hays, MT
- Fuel Level Sending Unit Replacement ($483 - 559) in Eden, VT