How do you change the driver side exterior door handle on a 2001 ford explorer sport 2 door? Looks like the factory one is rivited in or something.
exterior door handle on 2001 Ford Explorer
BEST ANSWER by Valleyautotech ,
February 11, 2010
Alot of these high traffic parts (door handles,window motors etc.) are riveted in as not to come loose over time and must be drilled out and re-riveted back in with a special rivet gun with harden steel rivets, probably need to have your local body shop handle this
This week's top 10
Recent Ford Explorer Questions
- i have no power to the heat and air control module no display no blower fan
- My truck won't turn over. I replaced the starter. Now it won't turn start
- Removing coil spring from strut. I used spring compressors to compress spring.
- How do I change a burned out lamp in the steering wheel controls?
- how do i disarm anti theft system PAT
2001 Ford Explorer Estimates
- Oxygen Sensor Replacement ($141 - 179) in Merrifield, VA
- Cabin Air Filter Replacement ($41 - 57) in Martindale, PA
- Air Conditioning Diagnosis ($88 - 111) in Tuxedo, NC
- Strut/Shock Absorber Replacement - Front ($282 - 402) in Cohutta, GA
- HVAC Blend Door Actuator Replacement ($84 - 144) in Louisville, TN
- CV Joint Boot Replacement ($258 - 292) in Saluda, NC