Expansion Valve replacement on 2002 Pontiac Aztek

Does the expansion valve come out from under the dash area or the engine side. If it comes from underdash will the whole dash assembly need to be removed?

by in Houston, TX on June 30, 2010
Get Your Car Fixed at a RepairPal Certified Shop.
We certify shops based on expertise, quality work, and verified customer reviews
3 answers 1 comment
ANSWER by , June 30, 2010
there is no expansion valve. it is called an orfice tube. it is in the high side line and has fittings that can separate. watch which way you take it out. replace dryer with it as well. Roy
COMMENT by , July 01, 2010
Well, actually the supplier sold me a block valve. Looks just like a Chrysler Product. All I can see is the engine side. It's right in the center behind the engine. The high and low side hose assembly has a center bolt securing it onto the fire wall. It looks like the block valve (if it exists) could be on the inside of the dash. I guess it's time to break out the book. Thanks any way.
ANSWER by , March 29, 2011
where is the expansion valve located on 1999 mercedes c280
ANSWER by , July 12, 2011
engine side on the firewall