Exhaust Tail Pipe
The exhaust tail pipe is the final section of pipe in the exhaust system. It carries exhaust gases to the back of the vehicle, where they exit into the atmosphere.
Symptoms of Wear or Failure
- Unusual smell from exhaust
- Rattle type noise from under the vehicle
- Vehicle may fail an emissions test
Related Repair Advice
- Failure of the exhaust system may cause exhaust gases to enter the passenger compartment. The exhaust gases contain carbon monoxide (CO), which can cause drowsiness and death.
- The exhaust hangers and mounts should be inspected whenever an exhaust system component is replaced