How much would it cost to fix a small leak in my evaporative emissions system and is it something I should be concerned about?
evaporative emissions system on 2001 Ford Focus
BEST ANSWER by Bret Bodas ,
April 08, 2009
Unless you know where the leak is, it's impossible to estimate. Could be a $5.00 hose or a $500.00 fuel tank. As long as the check engine light is on you will have problems having the smog inspection performed, but that really depends on your states regulations.
This week's top 10
Recent Ford Focus Questions
- When I let off the acceleration...then accelerate...trans.feel like it slips??
- Alarm going off randomly but seems to go off days after I have opened the hood.
- A yellow light comes on and looks like the shape of a motor. What does this mean
- How long can I let my squeaking alternator squeak?
- Are the rear wheel bearings pressed in the hub?
2001 Ford Focus Estimates
- 40,000 Mile Service ($53 - 94) in Henderson, NC
- Brake Shoe Replacement, Resurface Drums ($377 - 539) in Dimondale, MI
- Oil and Filter Change ($27 - 61) in Holtville, CA
- Ignition Coil Replacement ($158 - 189) in East Lyme, CT
- Wheel Hub Assembly Replacement ($234 - 259) in Henning, TN
- Window Switch Replacement ($130 - 175) in Chamois, MO