I noticed oil leaking "behind" the oil filter and looked at the Mercury service manual and it shows a gasket behind the plate that the oil filter screws onto. looks like two bolts and a stud fasten it to the engine.
estimated time and cost to replace the oil filter bypass gasket on 1995 Mercury Cougar
This week's top 10
Recent Mercury Cougar Questions
- where is the EGR valve located on the base 2.0 liter engine?
- The transmission is not going into gear it accelerate before into gear the trans
- Drivers side door will not open from the inside have to roll down window and ope
- AC and heat are not blowing st all checked fuse good. Can't hear fan no odor
- 4.6 97 couger, , had a clogged catalytic converter I cut off , runs worse