I noticed oil leaking "behind" the oil filter and looked at the Mercury service manual and it shows a gasket behind the plate that the oil filter screws onto. looks like two bolts and a stud fasten it to the engine.
estimated time and cost to replace the oil filter bypass gasket on 1995 Mercury Cougar
This week's top 10
Recent Mercury Cougar Questions
- Engine smocking and appears to be hot but temp light reads normal
- I do not pulsing is there a realy if so we're is it located
- 2001 Cougar will not start?
- My 1999 cougar headlights were not working and my ABS light would.come on it sounded like a altanator problem so I changed it and now my battery light is on? What could my problem be?
- replaced tranny now no spark or power to coil pack