I noticed oil leaking "behind" the oil filter and looked at the Mercury service manual and it shows a gasket behind the plate that the oil filter screws onto. looks like two bolts and a stud fasten it to the engine.
estimated time and cost to replace the oil filter bypass gasket on 1995 Mercury Cougar
This week's top 10
Recent Mercury Cougar Questions
- Having problem with turn signals. All fuses cked. Have lights .
- Why do I have transmission oil in the antifreeze tank
- How do I unclog a condenser that may be causing my a.c. to blow hot air.
- I have a 1996 cougar It has battery but nothing when you turn the key
- Engine smocking and appears to be hot but temp light reads normal