I noticed oil leaking "behind" the oil filter and looked at the Mercury service manual and it shows a gasket behind the plate that the oil filter screws onto. looks like two bolts and a stud fasten it to the engine.
estimated time and cost to replace the oil filter bypass gasket on 1995 Mercury Cougar
This week's top 10
Recent Mercury Cougar Questions
- is there a diff between radiators for auto and manual as far as the trans line
- Was driven to wrk and car doed and wont start back up
- where is the EGR valve located on the base 2.0 liter engine?
- The transmission is not going into gear it accelerate before into gear the trans
- Drivers side door will not open from the inside have to roll down window and ope
1995 Mercury Cougar Estimates
- Wheel Bearing Replacement - Rear ($326 - 469) in Mansfield Depot, CT
- Oil Pan Reseal - Engine ($317 - 431) in Fanwood, NJ
- Clutch Master Cylinder Replacement ($219 - 367) in Oswego, NY
- AC Condenser Replacement ($487 - 756) in Pinedale, AZ
- Suspension Control Arm Replacement ($1,645 - 1,767) in Freeport, ME
- Fuel Tank Replacement ($1,091 - 1,138) in Indianola, MS