I am removing the engine from a 1995 ford escort 1.9L sohc. How many bolts hold the flywheel to the torque converter? I removed 4, all I can see, but the engine flywheel still seems "stuck" to the torque converter. Any thoughts>>
escort engine removal on 1995 Ford Escort
MOST POPULAR ANSWER by user69083 ,
December 29, 2010
There are 4 bolts, you can see all of them, there's no mystery there. The torque converter may have a hub shaped thing in the center which fits into the rear of the crankshaft and it's stuck there. If you have all the bolts out, it will come apart. Use a little persuasion..
Verified for the Ford Escort130 reports
1 answerDecember 29, 2010
1 answerJune 24, 2010
Verified for the Ford Escort43 reports
1 answerSeptember 30, 2014
This week's top 10
Recent Ford Escort Questions
- What is wrong when a fuse blows and melts the wire behind the fuse box?
- Why wont my car start when it has a new battery only 3 months old
- 1999 Ford escort has problems starting at times have to push on gas rev thn strt
- Sitting at light and car will idle high. Changes gaskets, control module.
- zx2 wont get fuel. What could be problem?
1995 Ford Escort Estimates
- Power Steering Pump Replacement ($360 - 599) in Clements, MN
- Add Timing Belt Tensioner ($57 - 83) in Wayzata, MN
- Axle/Half Shaft Replacement - Front ($477 - 949) in Eagar, AZ
- Mass Airflow Sensor Replacement ($150 - 269) in Mount Eden, KY
- Axle Shaft Seal Replacement ($267 - 335) in Dolan Springs, AZ
- Engine Control Module Replacement ($303 - 789) in North Salem, NY