I am removing the engine from a 1995 ford escort 1.9L sohc. How many bolts hold the flywheel to the torque converter? I removed 4, all I can see, but the engine flywheel still seems "stuck" to the torque converter. Any thoughts>>
escort engine removal on 1995 Ford Escort
MOST POPULAR ANSWER by user69083 ,
December 29, 2010
There are 4 bolts, you can see all of them, there's no mystery there. The torque converter may have a hub shaped thing in the center which fits into the rear of the crankshaft and it's stuck there. If you have all the bolts out, it will come apart. Use a little persuasion..
This week's top 10
Recent Ford Escort Questions
- I have a 1993 ford escort was driving down the ran out gas car died and will not
- Car cranks but won't kick over was driving car ran out of gas car turned off won
- My car is actually a 1986 Ford Contour. The checkengine unit has gone bad.
- What is wrong when a fuse blows and melts the wire behind the fuse box?
- Why wont my car start when it has a new battery only 3 months old
1995 Ford Escort Estimates
- Strut Replacement - Rear ($432 - 530) in Clements, MN
- Mass Airflow Sensor Replacement ($150 - 269) in Wayzata, MN
- Canister Purge Valve Replacement ($92 - 142) in Eagar, AZ
- Cabin Air Filter Replacement ($63 - 77) in Mount Eden, KY
- Wheel Hub Assembly Replacement ($193 - 245) in Dolan Springs, AZ
- Engine Oil Pan Replacement ($312 - 530) in North Salem, NY