I have a 93 V6 5-speed, and the transmission may be about to go out. If I have to have it fixed, i would probably have to take out a loan, so im thinking about just taking out a loan enough to buy a z28 engine and transmission, and just put it in. What im wondering is how much ballpark will it cost to get ahold of everything i need. I have seen on craigslist, as low as 1200 together, but i dont think i would be that lucky to find near me. Where is a good place to look (aside from a junkyard) for dealers of rebuilt or salvaged engines and transmissions?
Engine/Tranny Swap on 1993 Chevrolet Camaro
This week's top 10
Recent Chevrolet Camaro Questions
- I get shocked when I touch the backing plate of my distributor when testing
- My car want start it saying anti theft system services
- Related Question to Previous Steering Wheel Airbag Issue...
- Is the recall still in effect for the steering wheel airbag? It just came on!
- after running highway speeds for an hour or so acts like its running out of gas
1993 Chevrolet Camaro Estimates
- Wheel Alignment ($88 - 111) in Friday Harbor, WA
- Rear Main Seal Replacement ($659 - 836) in Webster, IN
- Fuel Pump Replacement ($505 - 1,131) in Baldwin, MD
- Valve Cover Gasket Replacement ($266 - 338) in Ozone, AR
- Wheel Hub Assembly Replacement ($446 - 540) in Pilger, NE
- Engine Mount Replacement ($236 - 369) in Steen, MN