I Have spark between no4 and no1 coil pack. I took the wires off and crank and the spark is jumping between the coil terminals very strong. Next I check for fuel pump operation and it is operating I also went to the fuel line and while cranking the car release the gas through the line to make sure I am getting gas. I am getting good gas pressure and good spark so the crank position sensor is not bad. Please tell me where to look next. I am about to do a compression test on all four cylinders to see if there is a possibility she jump timing. What other problems could create a no start condition in a Saturn. Cpt Trevor
engine won't start on 1996 Saturn SC2
do your compression test as planned, if that isn't your problem also check for injector pulse. they may not be opening, to supply the fuel in the rail to enter the cylinders. Also some of the security systems, will shut down the injectors to disable the car from being started.
1 answerJune 15, 2012
1 answerJanuary 11, 2011
3 answersFebruary 23, 2011
2 answersMarch 02, 2014
1 answerApril 11, 2013
This week's top 10
Recent Saturn SC2 Questions
- When i start my car it revs up to about 4300 rpm and wont come down
- replaced idol control sensor map sensor air something valve intake manifold car
- Where is the starter located on the engine of a'98 Saturn, SC2, 5 speed?
- While driving my car it will run for a few then stalls have to wait 10 to 15 minutes to start again then I will drive a little further then dies again. Then wait 10 to 15 min ect
- I need the complete sunroof and all the parts where can I get everything .
1996 Saturn SC2 Estimates
- Valve Cover Gasket Replacement ($243 - 312) in Houma, LA
- 37,500 Mile Service ($159 - 227) in Oroville, CA
- Brake Pad Replacement ($143 - 194) in Prestonsburg, KY
- AC Evaporator Replacement ($1,034 - 1,470) in Gouverneur, NY
- Stabilizer Bushing Replacement ($75 - 93) in Oregon House, CA
- Engine Mount Replacement ($229 - 261) in Portis, KS