My engine temp was taking along time to warm up so had the thermostat replaced, but still no luck, it will still take ove 30-40 mins of solid driving to reach 1/2 way,then if I happen to put the cabin fans on on hot you can watch the engine thermostat drop to around 1/4, you can feel the heat difference increasing the faster you drive and drop off if I stop, any ideas?? Are these a linked problem or separate?
Engine temp takes a long while to reach operating temp on 2005 BMW X5
Asked by for the 2005 BMW X5
This week's top 10
Recent BMW X5 Questions
- What causes the Transmission Failure Warning to come on?
- Would you recommend purchasing a 2003 BMW X5 with 172,000 miles on it?
- can you replace the fuel pump w/o replacing the fuel sensor
- What is wrong as the Windows go down when car is cranked.
- Code P0171-174 changed all fuel injectors, upper oxygen sensor, valve head gaske
2005 BMW X5 Estimates
- Heater Blower Motor Replacement ($745 - 1,079) in Seal Beach, CA
- Shock Absorber Replacement - Rear ($475 - 811) in New Martinsville, WV
- Coolant Replacement/Flush ($105 - 129) in Waterloo, NY
- Mass Airflow Sensor Replacement ($343 - 483) in Radersburg, MT
- Exhaust Muffler Replacement ($1,500 - 2,862) in Hornell, NY
- Knock Sensor Replacement ($681 - 818) in Vici, OK