I've replaced the starter, cylinoid, battery and system still fails to start after short trips, and the battery shows power over the median gage. Why isn't the battery staying charged. On occasion a jump start would work and bring battery level back up. The last time this effort failed. Is there a bad connection to systems?
engine system still fails to start on 1995 Ford Explorer
You may have a parasitic draw on the system. A parasitic draw is when you turn the car off some component is still drawing electricity. Another possibility is the ignition switch may be malfunctioning.
1 answerJuly 19, 2011
3 answersSeptember 01, 2015
1 answerApril 09, 2009
This week's top 10
Recent Ford Explorer Questions
- i have no power to the heat and air control module no display no blower fan
- My truck won't turn over. I replaced the starter. Now it won't turn start
- Removing coil spring from strut. I used spring compressors to compress spring.
- How do I change a burned out lamp in the steering wheel controls?
- how do i disarm anti theft system PAT
1995 Ford Explorer Estimates
- AC Evaporator Replacement ($429 - 783) in Joliet, MT
- Wheel Bearing Service ($151 - 193) in Cash, AR
- 135,000 Mile Service ($53 - 94) in Dayton, VA
- Power Steering Pump Replacement ($284 - 346) in Siloam Springs, AR
- Variable Valve Timing Control Solenoid Replacement ($215 - 420) in Carpio, ND
- Fuel Tank Replacement ($873 - 1,644) in Genesee, MI