I've replaced the starter, cylinoid, battery and system still fails to start after short trips, and the battery shows power over the median gage. Why isn't the battery staying charged. On occasion a jump start would work and bring battery level back up. The last time this effort failed. Is there a bad connection to systems?
engine system still fails to start on 1995 Ford Explorer
You may have a parasitic draw on the system. A parasitic draw is when you turn the car off some component is still drawing electricity. Another possibility is the ignition switch may be malfunctioning.
1 answerJuly 19, 2011
3 answersSeptember 01, 2015
1 answerApril 09, 2009
This week's top 10
Recent Ford Explorer Questions
- How much does it cost to replace harmonic balance on 1999 Buick century custom
- what is the cost to repair all the timing belts in vehicle?
- how do I fix the windshield wipers that don't work
- the motor dies when I put the unit in drive
- Has there been replacement of the PT unit I am having grinding grunting noise
1995 Ford Explorer Estimates
- Radiator Hose Replacement ($228 - 302) in Joliet, MT
- Power Steering Pump Replacement ($284 - 346) in Cash, AR
- Sway Bar End Link Replacement - Front ($105 - 152) in Dayton, VA
- Engine Coolant Temperature Sensor Replacement ($110 - 143) in Siloam Springs, AR
- Steering Knuckle Replacement ($362 - 840) in Carpio, ND
- Steering Knuckle Replacement ($205 - 451) in Genesee, MI