* Was driving the car, and the engine just stopped dead! Felt like the ignition was turned off.
* No strange noises, engine turns over fine, but wont start, not even slightly, not even a cough.
* Engine has spark & Fuel
* Timing belt is fine, hasn't jumped a tooth or anything like that
* Sprayed some "Go Start" aerosol, absolutely nothing
* Engine has oil pressure
* Has 1/3 tank of fuel (so unlikely to be bad batch of fuel, as a few days since filling up)
other things, possibly related? but happened for some time previously to event.
* The alarm has been playing up for years. it seemed to go off on hot days. Then it would go off if the car was locked keyless (So I now always lock it with the key).
* Interior light doesn't work (even with new bulb)
* Cigarette lighter socket doesn't work
The car was running beautifully right up to the event, starts straight away and always idles wells. I don't want to send it for scrap metal if its something simple! Would love it if someone could give some suggestions and things to try please