At first i heard a bang, then the engine started to run rough (vibrate) and after about 20mins it cut off and now it doesn't start. Diagnostic showed code 14, no IGF signal to ECU. I replaced igniter and coil, checked leads and fuses. I have spark and fuel pump is working OK. Checked timing belt and it seems fine too. Diagnostic is showing clear now, car turns over but still wont start. This is doing my head in! Any suggestions?
Engine started to run rough then cut off and now won't start at all?! on 1997 Toyota Camry
This week's top 10
Recent Toyota Camry Questions
- Could my ignition switch be stuck in the cranking position
- Could the ignition switch, be stuck in the cranking position, or shorted out?
- Back seat floor carpets are getting wet more behind driver seat side. windows OK
- steering wheel moves up and down freely. I heard a snap and the wheel spins.
- My ODO and engine light is on, what is the problem?
1997 Toyota Camry Estimates
- Clutch Slave Cylinder Replacement ($151 - 197) in Mound City, SD
- Coolant Leak Diagnosis ($88 - 111) in Hannacroix, NY
- Engine Computer (ECM/PCM) Replacement ($679 - 1,026) in Elton, LA
- Automatic Transmission Fluid/Filter Change ($237 - 368) in Hanson, MA
- Oxygen Sensor Replacement ($421 - 1,353) in Hagerman, NM
- Fuel Evaporative Canister Replacement ($438 - 1,036) in Ashland, NH