Okay so I just used my car yesterday night, and it ran fine but today at 4 pm when I tried to go to walmart it kept stalling out on me. I had just left the parking lot, and I pressed the gas to go out into the street when it did it the first time. Whenever I press the gas it stalls, but if I don't even touch the gas the car moves, hitting 15 mph. I took it around the block and brought it back to the parking lot. As I was trying to repark the engine cut out, my steering locked up and my brakes stopped working. I had to pump my brakes really hard to get the car to stop moving. I called a buddy of mine and he told me to put my emergency brake on just in case. I did, then I restarted my car and it ran perfectly fine. I checked my engine but I can't make heads or tails of what could be wrong. I know it's not my brake fluid or my starter(<-- this is brand new), but that's as far as I can make it. Can you help me out?
Engine stalls then shuts off on 1997 Chevrolet Cavalier
Asked by Visitor for the 1997 Chevrolet Cavalier
1 answerMarch 10, 2011
This week's top 10
Recent Chevrolet Cavalier Questions
- Is the power steering pump pulley a separate part from the pump itsself?
- How to rewire pin box to lights under battery. Help. Took it apart to find short
- Battery light keeps coming on and going off. New battery and 3 alt. What next?
- After i turned off the car it sounds like the engine is still running.
- Where is the ignition power wire for the stock radio?