Okay so I just used my car yesterday night, and it ran fine but today at 4 pm when I tried to go to walmart it kept stalling out on me. I had just left the parking lot, and I pressed the gas to go out into the street when it did it the first time. Whenever I press the gas it stalls, but if I don't even touch the gas the car moves, hitting 15 mph. I took it around the block and brought it back to the parking lot. As I was trying to repark the engine cut out, my steering locked up and my brakes stopped working. I had to pump my brakes really hard to get the car to stop moving. I called a buddy of mine and he told me to put my emergency brake on just in case. I did, then I restarted my car and it ran perfectly fine. I checked my engine but I can't make heads or tails of what could be wrong. I know it's not my brake fluid or my starter(<-- this is brand new), but that's as far as I can make it. Can you help me out?
Engine stalls then shuts off on 1997 Chevrolet Cavalier
Asked by Visitor for the 1997 Chevrolet Cavalier
This week's top 10
Recent Chevrolet Cavalier Questions
- How much for an actuator repair plus labor on my Chevy Caviler 2004?
- My coolant light came on this morning but my coolant tank is full
- what would cause a 1991 Chevrolet Cavalier VL to only get 7 miles per gallon
- 99 cav. Had leaking cooler line repaired them trans now has teverse first second
- My 2005 Cavalier cranks but won't start.
1997 Chevrolet Cavalier Estimates
- Fuel Injector Replacement ($225 - 328) in Graysville, IN
- Clutch Master Cylinder Replacement ($175 - 289) in Burnside, KY
- Brake Fluid Replacement/Flush ($83 - 104) in Manchester, OK
- Axle/Half Shaft Replacement - Front ($243 - 825) in East Northport, NY
- Suspension Control Arm Bushings Replacement ($238 - 274) in Penfield, NY
- Emergency Brake Cable Replacement ($142 - 197) in Abernathy, TX