I took my '95 325i in because the engine was "seeking idle" when cold. They replaced the air mass meter, but it soon was running even worse. Now I can only get it to stay going at a stop if I put it in park, and keep my foot on the gas, as it is now idling very badly all the time, not just when cold. The check engine light is on, too. I'm taking it back to the mechanic tomorrow, but I wanted to know if there was any info that might help to fix it. Also, would it risk damaging the motor to drive it in this state about 7 miles to the shop?
Engine stalling, idling bad on 1995 BMW 325i
what were the codes?
1 more answer
3 answersMay 30, 2014
This week's top 10
Recent BMW 325i Questions
- While at speed , cars idle go's up and down and theres a beeping alarm
- why does my car lightly shakes/jerk when the car is not in motion.
- vehicle idles up and down, some times idles really high.
- Dash lights do not work and service engine light comes on
- Driver's side door would not open with remote and car button...help
1995 BMW 325i Estimates
- Oil and Filter Change ($74 - 140) in Warm Springs, AR
- Camshaft Position Sensor Replacement ($139 - 175) in Loma, MT
- Clutch Master Cylinder Replacement ($294 - 373) in Amherstdale, WV
- 120,000 Mile Service ($489 - 691) in Fort Blackmore, VA
- Stabilizer Bushing Replacement ($96 - 112) in Malcom, IA
- Suspension Control Arm Bushings Replacement ($256 - 307) in Roark, KY