I took my '95 325i in because the engine was "seeking idle" when cold. They replaced the air mass meter, but it soon was running even worse. Now I can only get it to stay going at a stop if I put it in park, and keep my foot on the gas, as it is now idling very badly all the time, not just when cold. The check engine light is on, too. I'm taking it back to the mechanic tomorrow, but I wanted to know if there was any info that might help to fix it. Also, would it risk damaging the motor to drive it in this state about 7 miles to the shop?
Engine stalling, idling bad on 1995 BMW 325i
what were the codes?
1 more answer
3 answersMay 30, 2014
This week's top 10
Recent BMW 325i Questions
- What transmission do I have and what atf fluid do I need
- what would make the loud humming sound when acceleration and the get lower when
- My car won't unlock. I can use key to unlock the drivers side, not other doors.
- My manual 5 speed transmission popped loud and I lost first second ,and reverse.
- While at speed , cars idle go's up and down and theres a beeping alarm
1995 BMW 325i Estimates
- Starter Replacement ($528 - 698) in Warm Springs, AR
- Brake Booster Replacement ($417 - 750) in Loma, MT
- Radiator Hose Replacement ($190 - 257) in Amherstdale, WV
- Water Pump Replacement ($388 - 911) in Fort Blackmore, VA
- Suspension Control Arm Bushings Replacement ($510 - 821) in Malcom, IA
- Engine Mount Replacement ($214 - 242) in Roark, KY