My engine squeaks near the top. The belt is new and in good shap. The water pump in new as well. Could it be the cam?
engine squeaking on 2002 Oldsmobile Alero
Unlikely. Could be insufficient tension on the belt, could be a contaminated belt, or failing tensioner or idler bearing. Does the noise get if air conditioning or steering is turned sharply?
Verified for the Oldsmobile Alero57 reports
This week's top 10
Recent Oldsmobile Alero Questions
2002 Oldsmobile Alero Estimates
- Tie Rod End Replacement - Outer ($244 - $301) in Lyman, SC
- Starter Replacement ($300 - $486) in Milburn, OK
- Exhaust Manifold Gasket Replacement ($486 - $635) in Courtland, MS
- ABS System Diagnosis ($88 - $111) in Chesnee, SC
- Suspension Coil Spring Replacement ($257 - $297) in Oaks, OK
- Wheel Hub Assembly Replacement ($659 - $733) in Dana Point, CA