when I start engine it surges bad. when I accelerate up to half throttle its okay, but more than that,it falls flat on its face and misses and backfires through the exhaust like its real lean.i unhooked the iac to stop the surge,but it wont idle cold. the weirdest thing is that it gets worse when its below 45 degrees. as the temp warms 50 to 60,it starts running good again. Ive replaced the mass air flow,map sensor,coil and coil wire,and the tps. Ive checked for vacuum leaks and I replaced the fuel pressure reg and the ignition module about a year ago. the engine now has 222500 miles and still runs strong except for this.
engine sputters bad at half to full throttle on 1993 Chevrolet S10 Blazer
Asked by for the 1993 Chevrolet S10 Blazer
- 1993 Chevrolet S10 Blazer Repair and Maintenance
- 1993 Chevrolet S10 Blazer Maintenance Schedule
- 1993 Chevrolet S10 Blazer Problems(16)
- 1993 Chevrolet S10 Blazer Repair Estimates
- 1993 Chevrolet S10 Blazer Q&A(46)
- 1993 Chevrolet S10 Blazer Recalls
- 1993 Chevrolet S10 Blazer Shops
- 1993 Chevrolet S10 Blazer Reviews(3)
This week's top 10
Recent Chevrolet S10 Blazer Questions
- Need help with troubleshooting 4 wheel drive issues. Possibly vacuum related.
- Airbag light comes on stays on for a while then goes off .
- Have a problem my blazer runs great til it warms up, then when come to a stop it act like its missing and wants to die, I changed EGR but that didnt help.please need some help,thank you!!
1993 Chevrolet S10 Blazer Estimates
- Oil Pump Replacement ($497 - $627) in Capon Springs, WV
- Power Door Lock Actuator Replacement ($189 - $240) in Sherman, MS
- Shock Absorber Replacement - Rear ($305 - $350) in Alexandria, OH
- Coolant Leak Diagnosis ($88 - $111) in Dayton, NY
- Stabilizer Bar Link Kit Replacement ($70 - $89) in Dille, WV
- Wheel Speed Sensor Replacement ($316 - $923) in Lanett, AL