when i turn on the blower motor to get heat while driving the engine shuts off and when i try to restart there is no response from the ignition and radio.. however the headlights and emergency flashers still operate.. If i let the car set afew min it restarts ???????
engine shuts off on 1991 Ford Explorer
Asked by for the 1991 Ford Explorer
MOST POPULAR ANSWER by Bret Bodas ,
February 24, 2009
These types of electrical problems can be tricky to diagnose. You should take it to an experienced Ford mechanic, from their experience they may be able to tell you what it is right away, where as a mechanic with little Ford experience may take hours to figure out the problem.
2 answersFebruary 13, 2009
2 answersMarch 26, 2009
1 answerMarch 15, 2011
2 answersDecember 05, 2012
1 answerJuly 31, 2009
This week's top 10
Recent Ford Explorer Questions
- rear wiper stop working could hear motor engaging.Replaced motor with a new one.
- My suv is making a clicking noise when i turn the heat on.
- We lost our key fob. Had explorer towed to dealership.
- on a on a 1999 Ford Explorer how do you check the fuel relay two know whether?
- Dual zone heat. Driver side blows hot, passenger cold. what is issue?
1991 Ford Explorer Estimates
- Wheel Alignment ($88 - $111) in Grand Saline, TX
- Air Conditioning Diagnosis ($88 - $111) in Gerlaw, IL
- PCV Valve Replacement ($32 - $46) in Kennedale, TX
- Clutch Slave Cylinder Replacement ($493 - $668) in Long Lake, NY
- Emergency Brake Cable Replacement ($100 - $138) in Munford, TN
- Axle Shaft Seal Replacement ($194 - $432) in Martinsburg, MO