when i turn on the blower motor to get heat while driving the engine shuts off and when i try to restart there is no response from the ignition and radio.. however the headlights and emergency flashers still operate.. If i let the car set afew min it restarts ???????
engine shuts off on 1991 Ford Explorer
BEST ANSWER by Bret Bodas ,
February 24, 2009
These types of electrical problems can be tricky to diagnose. You should take it to an experienced Ford mechanic, from their experience they may be able to tell you what it is right away, where as a mechanic with little Ford experience may take hours to figure out the problem.
2 answersFebruary 13, 2009
2 answersMarch 26, 2009
1 answerMarch 15, 2011
2 answersDecember 05, 2012
1 answerJuly 31, 2009
This week's top 10
Recent Ford Explorer Questions
- My truck won't turn over. I replaced the starter. Now it won't turn start
- Removing coil spring from strut. I used spring compressors to compress spring.
- How do I change a burned out lamp in the steering wheel controls?
- how do i disarm anti theft system PAT
- how can I disconnect the ABS module so that the ABS warning will not light up?
1991 Ford Explorer Estimates
- Starter Replacement ($236 - 273) in Grand Saline, TX
- Charging System Diagnosis ($44 - 56) in Gerlaw, IL
- AC Compressor Replacement ($538 - 845) in Kennedale, TX
- Spark Plug Replacement ($142 - 197) in Long Lake, NY
- Suspension Control Arm Replacement ($527 - 1,333) in Munford, TN
- Parking Brake Shoe Replacement ($195 - 333) in Martinsburg, MO