when i turn on the blower motor to get heat while driving the engine shuts off and when i try to restart there is no response from the ignition and radio.. however the headlights and emergency flashers still operate.. If i let the car set afew min it restarts ???????
engine shuts off on 1991 Ford Explorer
MOST POPULAR ANSWER by Bret Bodas ,
February 24, 2009
These types of electrical problems can be tricky to diagnose. You should take it to an experienced Ford mechanic, from their experience they may be able to tell you what it is right away, where as a mechanic with little Ford experience may take hours to figure out the problem.
1 answerMarch 15, 2011
2 answersMarch 26, 2009
2 answersFebruary 13, 2009
2 answersDecember 05, 2012
1 answerJuly 31, 2009
This week's top 10
Recent Ford Explorer Questions
- How much does it cost to replace harmonic balance on 1999 Buick century custom
- what is the cost to repair all the timing belts in vehicle?
- how do I fix the windshield wipers that don't work
- the motor dies when I put the unit in drive
- Has there been replacement of the PT unit I am having grinding grunting noise
1991 Ford Explorer Estimates
- Wheel Bearing Replacement - Rear ($351 - 545) in Grand Saline, TX
- Exhaust Manifold Gasket Replacement ($187 - 248) in Gerlaw, IL
- Clutch Master Cylinder Replacement ($226 - 293) in Kennedale, TX
- Camshaft Position Sensor Replacement ($126 - 222) in Long Lake, NY
- Suspension Control Arm Replacement ($1,928 - 1,948) in Munford, TN
- Drive Belt Idler Pulley Replacement ($89 - 113) in Martinsburg, MO