My engine has quit twice (over 3 days of driving). Once as I was parking, and the second time while I was driving. Both times were after 8 miles of city driving (from start to quitting) - sometimes in slow traffic. I've also also been able to drive the same distance without it quitting. When I try to restart, it turns over but does not start. All other gauges are at normal level. It restarts after 10 minutes. Is something getting hot and needs to cool? Is it getting fuel? Any help would be appreciated...thanks!
Engine quits, but restarts after 10 mins. (twice now) on 2004 Land Rover Discovery
Asked by for the 2004 Land Rover Discovery
- 2004 Land Rover Discovery Repair and Maintenance
- 2004 Land Rover Discovery Maintenance Schedule
- 2004 Land Rover Discovery Problems(16)
- 2004 Land Rover Discovery Repair Estimates
- 2004 Land Rover Discovery Q&A(32)
- 2004 Land Rover Discovery Recalls(1)
- 2004 Land Rover Discovery Shops
- 2004 Land Rover Discovery Reviews(3)
This week's top 10
Recent Land Rover Discovery Questions
- My LR continues to overheat. It has a new expansion tank cap, new coolant pump??
- Car won't start although battery & oil OK. It cranks, sounds fine but no go. Thx
- What do I do when my vehicle accerleates and dies?
- Won't turn over, start or crank? Some electronics work, not doors or starter?
- When i start going. Why do I lose power. It takes along time to get speed.
2004 Land Rover Discovery Estimates
- AC Compressor Replacement ($763 - $1,369) in Broad Run, VA
- Ball Joint Replacement - Upper ($432 - $574) in Geronimo, OK
- Radiator Hose Replacement ($232 - $279) in Greenville, MS
- Heater Blower Motor Resistor Replacement ($233 - $279) in Gause, TX
- Engine Mount Replacement ($209 - $243) in Cheswick, PA
- CV Axle Assembly Replacement ($1,504 - $1,563) in Wellington, MO