1992 Toyota 4Runner Q&A

1992 Toyota 4Runner Question: engine problems

just bought it drove 10 miles and it overheated pulled over and stopped let it cool down still had oil and antifreeze would not turn over rolled engine over with a strong bar then tried started had a clunk a peice of cast alum. fell out and oil ran out What happened and how do I fix it -
I hate to break the news, but it sounds like your engine over heated to the point where it seized and cracked the head, which is what the aluminum piece may be. I would call the person you purchased the truck from and ask for your money back. In California, ( where I live ) the vehicle has to be ok for at least 10 days so someone can't sell you a lemon. -
1999 4 cylinder 4 Runner... With 239K on the original motor.. Well I just put a new exhaust manifold on it.. and its runs better.. had a mechanic check the compression and it was bad.. #1 cyl..90 #...
Check engine light was on so I had it hooked to an engine code analyzer and it indicated the throttle position sensor was the problem. Replaced the sensor with no improvement? Any suggestions?
While at idle my engine run fine but when I slightly apply gas the engine shakes it does this sitting still in park and when on the interstate
Why does the engine oil look creamy?