"Crank no Start" Due to Failed Crankshaft Position Sensor on Mercedes-Benz CLK500

The crankshaft position sensor may fail. Symptoms of this are: The engine will crank—but not start—especially when the engine is warm. The car may start again if it is left to cool off, but it may run roughly or have poor performance. Communicating these specific symptoms to your technician can save diagnostic time.

RepairPal Verified
Average mileage: 72,750 (30,000–131,500)
4 model years affected: 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 more
17 people reported this problem
8 people shared problem details
Had my car diagnosed ad it was not starting because of crankshaft positioning sensor. my question is how do you know which sensor? LEFT or RIGHT?
1 person likes thisFlag inappropiate
the motor will not start if the car sets for a while the motor will start
1 person likes thisFlag inappropiate
I parked my car at Walmart went inside and came back my car would not start the first two times. I sat there for maybe five minute and it finally turned o ver
M/B FIXED PROBLEM FOR $423.00. PUT ON COMPUTER.
Engine stalled and several times to restart. Towed to MB $400 to replace CPS. 1.8 hrs labor and $167 for part.
One day, the check engine light went on. Before I could get it to a shop, it died at a stop sign. I had it towed to a shop, and they diagnosed it as a bad crank position sensor. I got it fixed for $250. It's been running great for over a year since then.
Yes same problem, car cut out in middle of backing up & would not restart & found it to be the sensor.
My car was suddenly stop on the road without any notice, I tried to start but it didn't work, and I cannot pull over my car to the sideway. After 45 mins, I started my car and it worked, and the Check Engine light was on when I re-started my car. However; it stopped again after 10 mins driving. I took it to the dearler, they replaced the crankshaft position sensor.
where is the crankshaft position sensor located at?
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40/...
Cable seems to be culprit. Car runs great till it gets warm. The replacement of a new oem crank...
P0102 is MAF Circuit Low Input and P0221 is Throttle/Petal Position Sensor/Switch B Circuit Low...
An engine oil leak may develop from the oil level sensor. Replacement of the leaking sensor wil...